Why is there so much hate against Snakes & Arrows?

YYZumbi

Mick is back! :wub: :wub: :wub:

:D I've just been Really busy helping look after my grandma. i really haven't had a moment to myself, lol.

Mick

There has been a bunch of yodeling talk all over the forum and you missed it... :D

That's right, Mick. So many opportunities you missed!

You will just have to make up for it now.

• Like 1

:D I've just been Really busy helping look after my grandma. i really haven't had a moment to myself, lol.

Mick

There has been a bunch of yodeling talk all over the forum and you missed it... :D

i shall lie in wait now, lol.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

That's the spirit! :cheers:

Mick

Mick

Time stand still... :musicnote: :musicnote:
  • Like 1

Mick

Mick

Time stand Sill.....unlike ged's Voice....Cause he yodel's

GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

:laughing guy:

Mick

Mick

Mick

GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Yodeling has been mentioned but not much in relation to this tour. Thank GOD. :D

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Yodeling has been mentioned but not much in relation to this tour. Thank GOD. :D

He is MILES better this tour without a doubt.

Happy about that.

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

True I think you mentioned something about some mild yodeling on the CA stuff but nothing to get all excited about... :cool:

Mick

Mick

GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

True I think you mentioned something about some mild yodeling on the CA stuff but nothing to get all excited about... :cool:

The only one that bothered me and it should have been dropped is One Little Victory.........but that's about it.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

The only one that bothered me and it should have been dropped is One Little Victory.........but that's about it.

Mick

Agreed. It sounded awful to be honest...
  • Like 1

Mick

Mick

GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Mick

Yeah, what is it about OLV that is so hard for him to pull off live now? It doesn't seem to me like it should be a song he struggles that much with. Maybe a musician on the board can clear that up as to why that is?

Edited by J2112YYZ

Mick

Mick

GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Mick

Yeah, what is it about OLV that is so hard for him to pull off live now? It doesn't seem to me like it should be a song he struggles that much with. Maybe a musician on the board can clear that up as to why that is?

Don't know but I am not a fan of the studio version either so....
  • Like 1

It's a good album for sure, but I prefer Clockwork Angels by a lot. I think CA is the most cohesive Rush effort in a long time song for song. I actually like Vapor Trails a little more than S&A as well, simply because it was my first tour and I knew those songs forwards and backwards.

Mick

Mick

GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Right, nothing like the last tour.

Mick

Mick

GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Mick

The vocals on that song are a little odd to start with. Especially when he sings the words 'one little victory' and his voice goes up high. Not the best choice of a song to sing when your voice is not in perfect shape.

• Like 3

Mick

Mick

GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Mick

The vocals on that song are a little odd to start with. Especially when he sings the words 'one little victory' and his voice goes up high. Not the best choice of a song to sing when your voice is not in perfect shape.

I just can't get myself to like this song no matter how hard I try. Stellar intro...all downhill from there. The vocals live certainly don't help.

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Mick

I just can't get myself to like this song no matter how hard I try. Stellar intro...all downhill from there. The vocals live certainly don't help.

me either. the vocals... even in the studio cut.....are just grating to me.

Mick

What the hell people, I came to this thread to slam S&A and everyone's talking about OLV. To help the thread return to topic, I will say that I hate S&A, I think it's their worst release ever next to Roll the Bones and Hold Your Fire and I don't ever listen to it. It all sounds very lethargic to me, I don't like the music and the lyrics are relentlessly negative, whereas I associate Rush with positive energy. To show I am not a hater of all new things, I loved CA and thought it was their best album since the glory days of the '80s.

Now back to bashing Geddy's OLV live singing (and I agree, they should have played Freeze or a deep cut from Vapor Trails instead).

• Like 2

I have listened to the album I would say around thirty to forty times, and I still cannot recall to mind a second of this album aside the chorus of Working' Them Angels.

And when I play it it just feels overwhelmingly boring. Beautifully produced, played and yet somehow dull, forgettable and so so serious, with not a single lyric to be found that I can connect with.

Love it all you want guys, but I will keep my Vapor Trails!

Mick

Mick

GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Mick

me either. the vocals... even in the studio cut.....are just grating to me.

Mick

The shift to the higher register, the falsetto yodel... Strange choices that undermine a great idea for a song. Edited by goose
  • Like 3

I still want to know whose "bright" idea the woohoo's were.

I blame Geddy and Nick

"Let's get back to basics, just guitars and drums, no keyboards."

Then they just replaced all the layered keyboard parts with Geddy simulating them. Strange.