Neil torn about touring

dtpoet

There are no drummers better than Neil. Sheesh.

This is a joke right? :LOL:

Um. No. Ask any drummer on earth, I guess.

Well, I'm a 30 year drummer and there are no best drummers period....only favorites....and Neil seems to rule amongst drummers in this category.

I find it amusing too that people who don't even play the drums would think they are qualified to judge.

On the technicality aspect I agree with you.

i want a new album like the good old days before anything, get me a hemispheres II, since a lot of people are dreaming here, i can have my moments...

Why not recreate a condensed version of the CA recipe?

Tour (shorter version than CA with 2 new songs)

Record a new album in LA

Tour (shorter than CA and hitting areas not touched by the pre-tour while skirting areas played during the pre-tour)

If CA is making pancakes from scratch, 2015/2016 could be making pancakes with Bisquick....

Edited by dtpoet

Look for a new album in 2015, but don't hold your breath for a tour. That will be in 2016 and condensed.

Damn I hope this is right. I'll take a record over tour at this point.

Would be awesome...but I don't believe it for a second.

In this day and age...there is no way that them recording a new album would be kept a secret up to this point. There has been zero talk of a new album, and or recording. Not even plans of it. So...I'm confident it ain't happening.

don't think we'll see a new album in the next 2 years, but hoping for a tour this year or next year. Just curious what songs they are going to pull out of the vault...

Look for a new album in 2015, but don't hold your breath for a tour. That will be in 2016 and condensed.

In this day and age...there is no way that them recording a new album would be kept a secret up to this point. There has been zero talk of a new album, and or recording. Not even plans of it. So...I'm confident it ain't happening.

No one knew Bowie was working on a new album until it came out so it can happen.

No one knew Bowie was working on a new album until it came out so it can happen.

Yeah I don't know why they couldn't be recording. Pretty much what they want the media to know is what they know.

Retire Neil!! Thanks for the 57 drum solos I saw live! I will always love you, you big angry mechanic!!

Go smoke some red apples on the Santa Monica Pier and drink your scotch you red bloated cherry tomato man! LOL!

I haven't looked at this thread for a few days now, but I just wanted to say that Earl, you made me laugh out loud here! :P

Must be drummers' humor! ;)

• Like 1

There are no drummers better than Neil. Sheesh.

This is a joke right? :LOL:

Um. No. Ask any drummer on earth, I guess.

Well, I'm a 30 year drummer and there are no best drummers period....only favorites....and Neil seems to rule amongst drummers in this category.

I find it amusing too that people who don't even play the drums would think they are qualified to judge.

Nobody said I didn't play the drums. But what I think doesn't matter. I have never met a professional drummer (the guys who can play the forum, not someone's mom's basement) who has ever disputed Peart as the living master of percussion. Not once. And I have met a lotta drummers in my time. The big boys.

I find it amusing that there are Rush fans on this forum who believe otherwise. :)

They're touring, but Neil is putting some conditions on it, and isn't super excited either way.

If that's the case, why bother?

http://www.tnooz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/cash-pile.jpg
  • Like 1

They're touring, but Neil is putting some conditions on it, and isn't super excited either way.

If that's the case, why bother?

http://www.tnooz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/cash-pile.jpg

It always come down to that, doesn't it? I guess it's true that is one thing no one ever seems to have enough of.

I hate to say this, but. Neil Peart is a jerk.

I always heard he was different and accepted the fact. And he does have every right to do what he wants.

But when I saw him running from the stage at the end of the concert i thought to myself.

What a f***ing jerk.

In a way they do owe us. We have been paying for music and concerts for over 40 years. Look at how much time is spent here on this forum for example. We have been doing our part.

If Neil does not want to tour anymore, he should just say it.

It will not end the world. Really it wont.

• Like 3

I always heard he was different and accepted the fact. And he does have every right to do what he wants.

But when I saw him running from the stage at the end of the concert i thought to myself.

What a f***ing jerk.

In a way they do owe us. We have been paying for music and concerts for over 40 years. Look at how much time is spent here on this forum for example. We have been doing our part.

Neil runs off the stage so he can get to the tour bus ASAP and get on the road before they get stuck in traffic. Makes sense to me. Don't see how that makes him a jerk. I guess I could see how some of his other actions would make people think he is a jerk, but not for that.

I have no idea why some people think that they are owed something or should be privy to the private life of a celebrity.

In fact, Neil is actually the most open of the band. If you read his work, you'd see this in about 5 minutes.

It is, after all, a job. They perform for the cost of the ticket.

What a f***ing jerk.

Did ya stop to think MAYBE, he had to go PEE! BTW nice tush there.....

• Like 1

another tour and two albums would be cool though (just in case he sees this..) how bout it Neil.. Do me a solid bro.? ;)

"Do me a solid bro?" It sounds like you're asking him to take a shit.

Ya thats an interesting idea; Feedback II. I'd buy it ;)

Edited by MMCXII