Neil torn about touring

dtpoet

another tour and two albums would be cool though (just in case he sees this..) how bout it Neil.. Do me a solid bro.? ;)

"Do me a solid bro?" It sounds like you're asking him to take a shit.

:hi: Pags,

Hope you and your family are doing well! :cheers:

Hi Troutman! Thanks, family is doing alright. Hope you're doing great! :cheers:
  • Like 1

There's some great drummers out there, many better than Neil, now which one of them can write lyrics? How many of them can even write?

Who cares? They'd be filling in for Neil on tour, not replacing him in the band.

• Like 1

There's some great drummers out there, many better than Neil, now which one of them can write lyrics? How many of them can even write?

Who cares? They'd be filling in for Neil on tour, not replacing him in the band.

I could stand Neil being replaced on tour, he never looks like he's enjoying himself and there are plenty of drummers who could handle the material. Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

Maybe so if you are going by all out technique and speed, but when you combine technique, style, and inspirational drum parts, hard to beat Neil. I'll take creativity and style over all out chops any day and Neil has plenty of BOTH.

• Like 2

I could stand Neil being replaced on tour, he never looks like he's enjoying himself and there are plenty of drummers who could handle the material.

I would hope Rush would retire before even considering this idea and I don't even want them to retire. Glad you are not the one making the decisions.

There are no drummers better than Neil. Sheesh.

This is a joke right? :LOL:

Um. No. Ask any drummer on earth, I guess.

Well, I'm a 30 year drummer and there are no best drummers period....only favorites....and Neil seems to rule amongst drummers in this category.

• Like 1

I'd rather a new album. If they chose not to tour again, I wouldn't be bothered by it. I've never been too much of a concert person anyway, even where Rush is concerned.
  • Like 1

I think Neil's great, one of my favorites for sure, but in terms of technicality, there are better drummers.

Well, I'm a 30 year drummer and there are no best drummers period....only favorites....and Neil seems to rule amongst drummers in this category.

I find it amusing too that people who don't even play the drums would think they are qualified to judge.

• Like 1

Look for a new album in 2015, but don't hold your breath for a tour. That will be in 2016 and condensed.

Source?

I think Pat Travers told him.

• Like 2