Your Top Female Performers You've Seen Live

g under p

I'm watching Tina Turner in concert in Holland and got me thinking how many here have seen a female act in concert. I've seen her live 5 times the first MD/VA on The Private Dancer Tour when Mister Mister opened for her was the best. The last was in VA when Cyndi Lauper opened while being 5 months pregnant. TT can put on a hell of a show in those heels for two hours.

So what's your list of female performers as single acts or lead in a band?

Tina Turner

Pat Benatar

Heart?

Christi Hynde

Patti Labelle

Til Tuesday

Natalie Cole

Blondie

Cyndi Lauper

Britney Spears....I got dragged to this one

Beyoncé....got dragged to this one too

Mary J Bliage

Queen Latifa

How could I forget....

Joan Jett and The Blackhearts....she went a rival high school in MD....SHE was very good

Oh Madonna...forgettable and I like her somewhat

There's more and I know I butchered some of there names for sure.

Peace

Edited by g under p
  • Like 1

Cristina Scabbia

She doesn't always nail her vocals perfectly, but her vibrant, Italian charm and elegant nature make her a real show woman, and an incredibly personable and sexy one to boot!

Every Lacuna Coil show is one massive party.

• Like 2

actually I have, now that I remember. I was at a show that could only be described as...acoustic metal, maybe? unplugged melvins songs, it was king buzzo's solo tour. they stuck some local folk (I guess) chick on the bill cause they both had acoustic guitars. I felt bad for her. she didn't suck, but it's clear nobody was there to see her. I actually almost fell asleep on the couch in the venue
  • Like 1

the closest thing to a female performer I've ever seen is geddy.

this thread made me realize I've never seen a woman live.

:laughing guy: ..... Jon Anderson? Oh thats right I think you have only seen fake Yes if I am correct.... :)
  • Like 1

The lady performers I have seen are all country acts (and it wasn't my idea). I would love to have seen the Eurythmics and The Pretenders back in the day.... Annie Lennox and Chrissie Hynde were the sh*t....
  • Like 1

I haven't seen any females live... I agree Tina Turner would be awesome. Some other good ones have already been mentioned. I'll add Grace Slick in her prime. Also, even though I don't own any of her records, if I was in Las Vegas and I could score Celine Dion tickets, I'd pay to see her.

The lady performers I have seen are all country acts (and it wasn't my idea). I would love to have seen the Eurythmics and The Pretenders back in the day.... Annie Lennox and Chrissie Hynde were the sh*t....

The Pretenders were great, Chrissie was on tour in November but never came to Florida. I would've loved to hear "I'm A Mother". Annie Lennox now I had a crush on her back in the day but I've never seen the band live. Bucket list....

I saw Joan Baez in 1996- certainly not in her prime, but she was very good. Ani DiFranco was the opening act for that show, and she was fantastic as well.

Also saw Aimee Mann the same year- she was very good!

File under 'wish I'd seen'- Joni Mitchell.

Edited by Blue J

There's only two female performers I saw live from recent memory. The first one was Orianthi with Alice Cooper when he opened for Iron Maiden in 2012. She was great as was Alice Cooper. The other one was Nightwish when Annette Olzon was still in the band (it was one her last shows with the band). Not the biggest Nightwish fan but it was a great show from what I remembered.

Actually, there's a third one if I count the opening band of the Nightwish show Kamelot who had Elize Ryd from Amaranthe and Alissa White-Gluz before she joined Arch Enemy on guest vocals. Unfortunately I can't recall much of what I thought of them (or Kamelot for that matter).

Grace Potter - gotta love a sexy woman that can sing, play a Flying V, and a Hammond B-3.

Susan Tedeschi - love her voice. Decent guitar player as well.

• Like 1

Ann Wilson. That woman has an awesome set of pipes on her. Second and third would probably be Lzzy Hale from Halestorm and Pat Benatar.
  • Like 1

Ann Wilson. That woman has an awesome set of pipes on her. Second and third would probably be Lzzy Hale from Halestorm and Pat Benatar.

True! I saw Heart at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Of course right before Rush. Heart fuckking rules. Ann is the greatest female vocalist on the planet.

• Like 2

To date, I have only seen two groups with a female performer, YACHT and Blues Control (which were opening acts for Panda Bear that I knew nothing about). I liked two of YACHT' songs enough to buy them, but overall the band did not blow me away. The girl in the group (who sung lead on all but one song, and played keyboard on the one she did not) I suppose had a good enough voice, but for an opening act, she was really trying to hard to engage with a crowd who did not come for them (except for this weird bubble of super fans at the far right of the stage). Blues Control's 'female performer' was really into the performance (the band is a duo playing instrumental rock) but not notable in playing style (besides slamming her guitar several times for effect).

Without any other performers to go by, these two are by default the best I have seen.

I hope to see these artists/band's in the future who have female performers:

Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks

Sharon Van Etten

Lindsey Stirling

Paramore

Additionally there are bunch of other acts with female performers that I would not mind seeing to, just not a must see.

Grace Potter - gotta love a sexy woman that can sing, play a Flying V, and a Hammond B-3.

Susan Tedeschi - love her voice. Decent guitar player as well.

I totally forgot about Susan Tedeschi! Yes, great voice, and she can play, too.

I forgot about Tori Amos, also, who I saw in 1994. She only had two solo albums at the time, both of which are really good, if you appreciate that kind of music. And honestly, I haven't listened to her in a long time. Starting with the Boys For Pele album, she started getting a little too strange for my tastes (I love strangeness, but there is 'good strange', and then there is the kind that just makes you think :huh: and then walk away. But at any rate)...

She performed mostly just solo piano, from what I remember of it. In the encore she did a cover of a Joni Mitchell song called A Case of You, which I've always loved...and she did it very well.