Dear Summer

Mara

Dear Summer,

You signed a lease with us here but you are barely ever home. You come for a day here and there between June and September, but not very often, and you never stay the night. Lately you have also been coming home during January and that makes the rest of the country very jealous. Plus, it angers Mr. Rainstorm who then leaves for months on end.

So, Summer, we wish you would spend a little more time here from June to September, but after that feel free to go visit the other hemisphere.

Love,

San Francisco

How could I forget San Francisco. I froze there in July and ran around from store to store looking for something warm to wear. I love the weather in San Francisco.

I don't mind cold if I'm outside in it; as long as I'm properly bundled up and active it doesn't bother me. Winter weather dog walking is pretty much on me - DH hates the cold. (Dogs love it - they get extra frisky in the chill).

However, I cannot STAND being chilly indoors. Reason #1 why I have a space heater running under my desk at work in July. Office is kept way too cold for my liking (though that definitely beats too hot), and my feet & hands get cold.

I can always get warm. Cooling off in miserably high temps is much more difficult.

My wife needs no space heater at home, she has me. I could be outside in winter in a t-shirt. If I'm active, I get warm. I was out putting in a new switchplate in the garage when it was 10 degrees out and I started to sweat... not dripping sweat, but you could see it on my forehead.

Ok tough guy!! :LOL: :D :haz:

I bet I sweat more than everyone on this thread combined. It's kind of gross, actually.

I start sweating if someone even sings, "Here Comes The Sun".

It's now September. There are exactly 11 days of you left. I hate you with the white hot passion of ten thousand supernovas; I begin dreading your approach in late April and spend every miserable sweat-soaked, random rain-stormed, bug infested day of you waiting for your departure.

This year you seem to be a bit reluctant to leave. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the low 90's with scattered showers, just like last month, the month before that, and all the way back through late May! I am f***ing sick of you and your shitty humid weather. Leave. Now.

I mean it, Summer. Take your scorching temps, 1347% humidity, pop-up showers, mosquitos and giant flying roaches and cram them up your ass and bugger off.

A woman after my own heart! When I saw the thread title, I thought to myself, "Dear me, another summer lover sad to see the rotten summer go!" :LOL:

I despise it as much as you do, and am happy to see it go. I hope it takes its time returning and, when it does, leaves the oppressive heat that it caused the last few months, behind.

And the people (in the Deep South) all said "Amen."

• Like 1

It's now September. There are exactly 11 days of you left. I hate you with the white hot passion of ten thousand supernovas; I begin dreading your approach in late April and spend every miserable sweat-soaked, random rain-stormed, bug infested day of you waiting for your departure.

This year you seem to be a bit reluctant to leave. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the low 90's with scattered showers, just like last month, the month before that, and all the way back through late May! I am f***ing sick of you and your shitty humid weather. Leave. Now.

I mean it, Summer. Take your scorching temps, 1347% humidity, pop-up showers, mosquitos and giant flying roaches and cram them up your ass and bugger off.

I agree with this 100%. Word. for. word.

• Like 1

Lot of hating on summer......i'd so much rather have heat and humidity. Hate Winter so much. I know i skipped fall but who cares? You may be sayin' oh your still young you'll hate summer one day. Maybe so....but right give me heat. I just loath cold weather and snow. Why do i live up north in NY you may ask. I stay for the pizza.........FOR THE PIZZA!!!!!! lol

Mick

You can dress for cold weather. You can only take off so many layers in the summer before they arrest you.

i hate wearing layers too so restricting........Arrest me if they choose the less i can wear the better, lol

Mick

I hate having to wear clothes. I wear the least I can get away with in the summer.

• Like 2

I'm with you, sister. 101 degrees today in North Central Texas. By this time of the year, I am so freaking sick of the blaring sun and heat that I'm ready to go invade trout's place. :yes: And, the bugs.... omg, the freaking bugs. I opened the refrigerator this morning and a giant mosquito flew out. Even they seek relief from the heat.

Northerners love the summer, and Southerners love the winter. And, that's the way it will always be.

• Like 3

it never gets cold at night here, only in the mid 60's. and where I live winter isn't harsh at all, so i definitely prefer it over hot weather.

Dear Summer,

You (beep) (beep) greedy (beep) son of a (beep). May I remind you that the average, as in, normal, as in, expected, temperature for Seattle summer months is: 77°. I don't know where all of this 90 degree weather came from. It wasn't necessary, needed or warranted. Were you in cahoots with air conditioner installers? Did you sleep with sunglass manufacturers? And I simply love how, as your season ends, you stick it to us every few days. From this point on, let's get one thing straight, you are to remain at a constant, normal and decent 77°. My God.... it took my eyes weeks to adjust to that (beep) ball of bright fire in the sky.

And with that, just know that I will make sweet love to autumn in a few short weeks.

Sincerely,

LovingMyClouds

Edited by Janie
  • Like 1

It's going down to the 40's in my town tonight.

Summer, don't you even THINK about leaving..... :no:

I used to love when Summer went down

I got even if no one else did or cared to admit they did.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Dear winter, Go easy on me! I'm in Fort McMurray this time..!
  • Like 1

Leaves and pine needles (hate them with a passion) are falling off the trees in Myrtle Beach already....

The leaves are falling here too. And a yeti just walked by.

I'm an idiot. I had to google Yeti.... :LOL:
  • Like 2