Dear Summer

Mara

The high in Myrtle Beach on Sunday is supposed to be 64 and the low 52. The following week 80 day 60 night. Perfection. Love the weather here.... :dweez:

Only thing I don't like about SC is the humidity in the summer. The winter weather is great.

Its not really that bad. DC was worse for a month or two. The weather here is about as good as it gets in my view. You get a taste of all for seasons....

The high in Myrtle Beach on Sunday is supposed to be 64 and the low 52. The following week 80 day 60 night. Perfection. Love the weather here.... :dweez:

Only thing I don't like about SC is the humidity in the summer. The winter weather is great.

Its not really that bad. DC was worse for a month or two. The weather here is about as good as it gets in my view. You get a taste of all for seasons....

Maybe where you are, but further inland it can be miserable.

Deliciously cool and comfy this weekend. High 60's. Taking the dogs for a hike in the Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield park tomorrow. We don't do so much of that in summer because of the heat and the bugs. (Ticks, yuk. The real ones, that is - not the crazy TRF denizen).

We've had four straight days of gorgeous mid-80s temps and clear blue skies! I've been in heaven! But now I hear foreboding foghorns and fear our summer may be at an end :(

There are a lot of things I like about living in SF, but the lack of summer may be the one thing that makes me move.

• Like 2

We've had four straight days of gorgeous mid-80s temps and clear blue skies! I've been in heaven! But now I hear foreboding foghorns and fear our summer may be at an end :(

There are a lot of things I like about living in SF, but the lack of summer may be the one thing that makes me move.

Any leghorns?.... :cool:
  • Like 1

Any leghorns?.... :cool:

:syrinx:

:D

• Like 1

NO MORE! f**k you Summer, GET LOST!!!

You just HAD to circle back and shove Fall out of the way, didn't you. Just can't let us out of your sticky grip, like a whiny child who ate too much candy at the fair and doesn't want to go home. You stomp and scream and have a tantrum, insisting on inflicting more of your high 80's temps and stupid pop-up shower weather patterns on us.

f**k OFF ALREADY! It's mid-October, time to go annoy the shit out of the poor souls in the Southern hemisphere.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 1

At the moment, we are having an unusual thunder storm. I think it must be summer finally leaving.

Persephone is on her way to the underworld. :)

• Like 2

85 and sunny in Myrtle Beach today..... :)

Can I rent a spare room at your house for the next 5 months?? :LOL: We had the F word (frost) last night...

I got one available anytime you need it. I must warn you however that one or more of the cats will be sleeping with you... :LOL: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

We had the F word (frost) last night...

Yeah, I had to scrape ice off my car's windows before work yesterday. Morning frost, seldom a portent of good things...

We've had early morning frost, and some of the mums have taken a hit. But the roses and marigolds are still holding up...and the tomatoes are surviving. I suppose we shoudl start covering things, but...

I'd just as soon things die off at this point. Let it snow! :D-13:

Sweet weather today. Low 80's. Got to play golf with some buddies.

Had the warmth of late summer with the beauty of fall color. Best of both worlds.

There's nothing like the warmth of the sun on an autumn day. It has a different feel from the scorching summer sun.

• Like 2

At the moment, we are having an unusual thunder storm. I think it must be summer finally leaving.

Tell that loser Hades to piss off, my Queen!

Come back and make the world grow again, Oh Goddess of All That Is Green!

http://www.dol-celeb.com/images/dieux/persephone.jpg

:D :D :D

• Like 1

Is there a rain god? If so, how do I attract him or her? Everything here is SO. DRY.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm117/Panik_in_Pink/RP%20random/chaac.jpg
  • Like 1

Tell that loser Hades to piss off, my Queen!

Come back and make the world grow again, Oh Goddess of All That Is Green!

http://www.dol-celeb.com/images/dieux/persephone.jpg

:D :D :D

If I had that kind of power, I'd slap Hades six ways from Sunday. :D

• Like 1