Admitting you're wrong

Lost In Xanadu

I also think soda is lame to hand to a kid. I give my kid soda sometimes.

I think there are some choices that are better than others. Am I perfect? No. Do I have to spell that out I every post I make? No.

Do I have to assume someone might have a counter argument? Sure.

Arguing is healthy if done in a respectful way. Hobo immediately got personal and started being hostile and calling names when NOTHING was directed at her, personally.

Let me type this in all caps, because it is something I am very passionate about: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH POINTING OUT FACTS. Using facts and logic is the way to have a proper debate.

Soda and juice and other over processed carbohydrates, such as, pasta, white bread, cookies, cakes, and so on and so forth, are the biggest health problem in America right now. As a nation, we're disgustingly fat. When I was a kid, there were very few fat people, and they stuck out like sore thumbs. Now, people who are in shape, like umoveme and Mara, to give a couple of examples, are the ones who stick out. Too much sugar leads to other health problems as well, which, I believe, are misdiagnosed as psychological problems, and kids are put on all sorts of meds, instead of just a proper diet and exercise.

I know all of this because my brother and I are fat. And, his kids are fat. This is the real reason that I don't have kids, although I've never said anything about this on here before. Why the f**k do you think I've never posted a selfie on here?

Sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade and let the chips fall where they may. You can't get all pissed off at someone, especially if they're using facts. I've told people this time and time again. As long as you're honest with me and use facts, we can do business. You will not hurt my feelings.

It is obvious, Hobo73, that you grew up in a neglected environment where everyone was over dramatic. I feel sorry for you. I am positive that you are doing your best to raise your child in a different environment, but, sometimes, your past experiences seem to come back and haunt you when you're on this board. My suggestion would be to think about who Rush is and what kind of people listen to Rush and why we're even on these boards to begin with. And then answer this question:

Do you think anyone on here has anything but pure love and the best wishes for you and your child?

• Like 4

I'm lucky I'm never wrong so never have to apologise. Apologising is for wimps!

"I never apologise because I am awesome. Sorry, but that's just the way I am" - Tony R

:)

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 2

"I never apologise because I am awesome. Sorry, but that's just the way I am" - Tony R

"I never apologise because my head is so far up me arse it'd be too muffled anyway." - Tony R.

• Like 3

"I never apologise because my head is so far up me arse it'd be too muffled anyway." - Tony R.

You can't do that too? Must have a very, very large head... :P

I do. Haven't you seen my picture?

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsH/24096-24646.jpg

• Like 4

I do. Haven't you seen my picture?

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsH/24096-24646.jpg

I love your little bonnet! May I ask where you bought it?

• Like 1

I edited this to add that one of the hardest things about being older (like me) is to have to sit back and watch younger persons make mistakes - sometimes horrible mistakes - because you know they will not listen or accept any advice. And, why won't they? Because they think they know everything, and that what you might be warning them about, will never ever ever happen to them.

I lost count in my life of all the times I have said to myself, "If only I had listened to...."

When I was younger, especially when I was in my teens and 20s, I thought I knew pretty much everything. Of course I was always right, because I knew everything! Now I think back to just how naïve I was and shake my head. If I could only go back in time and talk to my younger self! (Well, if I could, the younger self would just say "Shut up, I know what I'm doing.")

When I am 70 I will probably look back at the things my 50-year-old self is saying today and shake my head ;)

"If I knew now, half of what I thought knew when I was 18 then I'd be a genius"

That is one of my favorite sayings, not sure where I heard it but it's very true.

I am going through this with tow 15 year old kids right now and the 13 year old isn't too far behind.

• Like 3

I edited this to add that one of the hardest things about being older (like me) is to have to sit back and watch younger persons make mistakes - sometimes horrible mistakes - because you know they will not listen or accept any advice. And, why won't they? Because they think they know everything, and that what you might be warning them about, will never ever ever happen to them.

I lost count in my life of all the times I have said to myself, "If only I had listened to...."

When I was younger, especially when I was in my teens and 20s, I thought I knew pretty much everything. Of course I was always right, because I knew everything! Now I think back to just how naïve I was and shake my head. If I could only go back in time and talk to my younger self! (Well, if I could, the younger self would just say "Shut up, I know what I'm doing.")

When I am 70 I will probably look back at the things my 50-year-old self is saying today and shake my head ;)

"If I knew now, half of what I thought knew when I was 18 then I'd be a genius"

That is one of my favorite sayings, not sure where I heard it but it's very true.

I am going through this with tow 15 year old kids right now and the 13 year old isn't too far behind.

That reminds me of something else I once heard:

When I was a small child, my parents knew everything.

When I was a teenager, my parents were so stupid.

Now that I'm an adult, it's amazing that my parents have become smart again.

• Like 5

Hey everyone, What have I missed, I have been away for a few days.

I don't think about being right or wrong, guess I don't think about it much. I suppose I assume I am right until proven wrong, then go OH!, and say fair enough, and be done with it.

This shouldn't be hard. Everyone is wrong sometimes.

But not everyone has developed a healthy and secure ego. They simply won't admit to being wrong, as it would shatter their false self-images.

• Like 1

Speak for yourself girl. I'm never wrong.

Once I thought I was wrong. I was mistaken. :syrinx:

• Like 5

Speak for yourself girl. I'm never wrong.

Once I thought I was wrong. I was mistaken. :syrinx:

I chuckled.

:yes:

• Like 1

I have to know that I'm wrong in order to admit it. If someone wants me to say I'm wrong when I'm not, it's not going to happen.

As well it shouldn't.... :)
  • Like 1

I have to know that I'm wrong in order to admit it. If someone wants me to say I'm wrong when I'm not, it's not going to happen.

You're wrong for being so stubborn, Apologize, dammit!

• Like 1

Homer Simpson: Good news, everyone! I got in a fight with the garbage men and they're cutting off our service!

Marge Simpson: Oh, lord, now what are we going to do? Just let the trash pile up?

Homer Simpson: Hey, I'd rather live in a dump than in a world run by snooty garbage men.

Lisa Simpson: Dad, is this another one of those situations that could be solved by a simple apology?

Homer Simpson: I never apologize, Lisa. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

Marge Simpson: Homer, this has gone far enough. Will you please just apologize to the garbage men?

Lisa Simpson: Yeah, Dad. You're always telling me and Bart to apologize.

Homer Simpson: Yeah, but I'm always secretly disappointed when you do. Anyway, I think those garbage men are starting to crack.

Bart Simpson: I think you're starting to crack.

Homer Simpson: Apologize for that remark!

Bart Simpson: No way!

Homer Simpson: Atta-boy!

• Like 4