People that call them self for Rush-fans and then complain

YYZumbi

Geddy Lee sounds different to how he did forty years ago. But to say his voice sucks because it has not aged well is tantamount to ageism and bullying.

aaaaand you lost me.

And I found you! Coochie coochie coo...

*proceeds to make poppadoms as cupcake mix is finished*

Geddy Lee sounds different to how he did forty years ago. But to say his voice sucks because it has not aged well is tantamount to ageism and bullying.

aaaaand you lost me.

And I found you! Coochie coochie coo...

*proceeds to make poppadoms as cupcake mix is finished*

http://gublecraft.com/gc/halp/files/stacks_image_2.png

Personally, I'm cool with them playing as long as they can and... they still can. Their playing is still great! Find me a better, more energetic and aggressive bass player than Geddy Lee at 60! The man nails it!

I agree, Geddy's bass playing is still in top form. His voice is shot and neither Alex nor Neil have been able to maintain the facility on the respective instruments they way Geddy has. Like I said before, watching Geddy play is pretty much the only draw for me these days, concert-wise.

"His voice is shot" is a bit strong for me. He still sings on pitch,

Not consistently. And consonants give him hell. When he has to sing the higher stuff, it's all vowels now. He used to have a pretty strong enunciation, but that, too, is shot.

he just ain't 26 anymore. For a 60 year old guy he does a good job.

Yes, and that's my point. He's a 60 year old guy, he can't sing like a 30 year old guy, but to suggest that in front of certain people is tantamount to blasphemy. "How dare you note that Geddy can't sing the way he used to? Any Rush is better than no Rush!"

I'm sure it has been discussed with the band and they don't want to quit just because Geddy doesn't have the range he used to. New songs are written, set lists, tunings and melody lines are modified.

Alex has always been a little sloppy (not bad, just loose) and Neil still plays great. Their not immortal. They age and will still outplay 99% of the bands half their age. Keep it up boys!

Hang it up, boys! You had a stellar career and set the bar damn high -- don't become unintentional parodies of yourselves.

• Like 2

aaaaand you lost me.

That one line is why I didn't "like" his post. I was on board with everything else.

Personally, I'm cool with them playing as long as they can and... they still can. Their playing is still great! Find me a better, more energetic and aggressive bass player than Geddy Lee at 60! The man nails it!

I agree, Geddy's bass playing is still in top form. His voice is shot and neither Alex nor Neil have been able to maintain the facility on the respective instruments they way Geddy has. Like I said before, watching Geddy play is pretty much the only draw for me these days, concert-wise.

Not consistently. And consonants give him hell. When he has to sing the higher stuff, it's all vowels now. He used to have a pretty strong enunciation, but that, too, is shot.

Yes, and that's my point. He's a 60 year old guy, he can't sing like a 30 year old guy, but to suggest that in front of certain people is tantamount to blasphemy. "How dare you note that Geddy can't sing the way he used to? Any Rush is better than no Rush!"

I'm sure it has been discussed with the band and they don't want to quit just because Geddy doesn't have the range he used to. New songs are written, set lists, tunings and melody lines are modified.

Alex has always been a little sloppy (not bad, just loose) and Neil still plays great. Their not immortal. They age and will still outplay 99% of the bands half their age. Keep it up boys!

Hang it up, boys! You had a stellar career and set the bar damn high -- don't become unintentional parodies of yourselves.

They aren't close to becoming parodies of themselves in my mind. They still play great, but they just aren't as good. And I'm ok with that.

They aren't close to becoming parodies of themselves in my mind. They still play great, but they just aren't as good. And I'm ok with that.

I'm OK with you being OK with that. :) Cuz you being OK with that doesn't seem to mean I can't be OK with that. I've never known you to start a thread whining about those of us who view the band through less than rose-colored glasses.

• Like 2

I've no problem saying I really don't like some of Rush's stuff (1974-1975 and ESPECIALLY 1987-1991), though those periods do have a number of very good songs.

I'm going to agree with JARG on that people getting up in arms because of someone else's opinion is pointless and won't get you anywhere, and like I've said before, everything I've read on here regarding the band has been educated apart from the occasional troll post ;)

• Like 1

Gotta give Zumbi props for at least giving us something fun to do for a few hours anyway. Thanks bro'.... :cheers:
  • Like 2

aaaaand you lost me.

That one line is why I didn't "like" his post. I was on board with everything else.

You know you're a wuss when you don't bully the elderly and make fun of people less fortunate than you.

aaaaand you lost me.

You know you're a wuss when you don't bully the elderly and make fun of people less fortunate than you.

Is Geddy less fortunate than I am? I mean, I have been granted god-like handsomeness, but Geddy has had it pretty good, I think. And if criticizing a voice is bullying, I can't believe that Dave Mustaine hasn't hung himself.

• Like 1

*sweats his balls off mixing cupcake mix*

Hope this contributes to a fine atmosphere.

now...who actually enjoyed half of Vapor Trails? Real fans hate such crud!

*spills icing mix on apron*

I like half of Vapor Trails! Maybe even 3/4.

There, I said it.

• Like 1

aaaaand you lost me.

Oh, what times are these when passing ruffians can say NEE to old women at will!

• Like 3

There, I said it.

Another Rush fan hits the dust. :sigh:

• Like 2

There, I said it.

aaaaand you lost me.

Is Geddy less fortunate than I am? I mean, I have been granted god-like handsomeness, but Geddy has had it pretty good, I think. And if criticizing a voice is bullying, I can't believe that Dave Mustaine hasn't hung himself.

My quote may have been misleading. It was more directed to Segue Myles who seems to think that ageism and bullying is a bad thing. ;)

• Like 1

There, I said it.

You can say that again!

• Like 2

There, I said it.

Oh you did...

• Like 3

aaaaand you lost me.

I think I was a tad pedantic...

aaaaand you lost me.

My quote may have been misleading. It was more directed to Segue Myles who seems to think that ageism and bullying is a bad thing. ;)

I just kicked a granny in the stomach. I have to say...ageism and bullying is quite a nice diversion!

She didn't appreciate it. So I rammed some cake down her throat. Aww...

Meet the new Segue! Hating OAP's and Nice People since 2014!

• Like 2

If you don't like "The Garden" from Clockwork Angels, then you're not a true fan. :facepalm: :eyeroll:

There's hope for me yet. I think I will turn around and walk the razor's edge.

That's close to the wounded city isn't it?

I was thinking more in line of a self-imposed banishment to Xanadu.