People that call them self for Rush-fans and then complain

YYZumbi

As someone has already mentioned, this is true on every internet board for every music artist. Believe it or not, Rush fans are a lot more tolerant than other artists'. Plus, this board is more positive than other RUSH boards. I quit hanging around the 'Counterparts' board because it was too negative for my tastes.

Some people are happy and enjoy a lot of life.

Some people are pissed off at the world and complain about everything all of the time.

I tend to be in the former group. Some here are in the latter. It's just a fact.

Let the people vent when they need to, and try not to engage them in a debate -it's utterly worthless.

Peace,

Clem

There's other Rush Boards ??

• Like 1

Geddy Lee sounds different to how he did forty years ago. But to say his voice sucks because it has not aged well is tantamount to ageism and bullying.

aaaaand you lost me.

That one line is why I didn't "like" his post. I was on board with everything else.

You know you're a wuss when you don't bully the elderly and make fun of people less fortunate than you.

Is Geddy less fortunate than I am? I mean, I have been granted god-like handsomeness, but Geddy has had it pretty good, I think. And if criticizing a voice is bullying, I can't believe that Dave Mustaine hasn't hung himself.

My quote may have been misleading. It was more directed to Segue Myles who seems to think that ageism and bullying is a bad thing. ;)

I just kicked a granny in the stomach. I have to say...ageism and bullying is quite a nice diversion!

She didn't appreciate it. So I rammed some cake down her throat. Aww...

Meet the new Segue! Hating OAP's and Nice People since 2014!

I've found that its more effective to make old people really afraid that you will kick them in the stomach than actually do it. Same emotional distress while maintaining deniability. Youthful mistake on your part young padawan.

I have a suggestion: Why don't we all just put on our favorite Rush records, listen to it and let this thread die a natural death?

Nothing good will come out of this thread. Haven't y'all learned by now? ;)

Loraine is going to Xanadu, Segue is learning how to bully old people, Kenny is quoting Monty Python. What's not good?

• Like 2

As someone has already mentioned, this is true on every internet board for every music artist. Believe it or not, Rush fans are a lot more tolerant than other artists'. Plus, this board is more positive than other RUSH boards. I quit hanging around the 'Counterparts' board because it was too negative for my tastes.

Some people are pissed off at the world and complain about everything all of the time.

I tend to be in the former group. Some here are in the latter. It's just a fact.

Let the people vent when they need to, and try not to engage them in a debate -it's utterly worthless.

Peace,

Clem

You've just liked your own post. :doh:

Don't go to Counterparts Forum they'll eat you for breakfast.

I have a suggestion: Why don't we all just put on our favorite Rush records, listen to it and let this thread die a natural death?

so all my baking was in vain? NO CUPCAKES FOR YOU...YOU PIECE OF SCUM!!!

sorry...I am just so tired...to much cupcakes too little...poppadoms...much love

..needed...awwww...

• Like 1

Peace,

Clem

You've just liked your own post. :doh:

Don't go to Counterparts Forum they'll eat you for breakfast.

This is the place to go to if you want to like your own posts - http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/79807-the-like-your-own-post-thread/

I think its such an egotistical, stuck up and plain STUPID thing to like your own posts.

You have to seriously love yourself and desire your own praise and have romantical interests soley for a mirror.

and, worst of all, must love...Tai Shan...

• Like 2

Are you complaining about a thread that is about people who call themselves Rush fans and then complain?

• Like 2

Are you complaining about a thread that is about people who call themselves Rush fans and then complain?

Oh Lorraine, you need to keep quiet. Arg...now I am complaining about YOU complaining about OTHERS complaining about OTHERS complaining about Rush and stuff.

arg...the madness...YOU MAKE ME WANNA COMPLAIN!

You can have a cupcake...I dropped this one down my pants...

Oh Lorraine, you need to keep quiet. Arg...now I am complaining about YOU complaining about OTHERS complaining about OTHERS complaining about Rush and stuff.

arg...the madness...YOU MAKE ME WANNA COMPLAIN!

You can have a cupcake...I dropped this one down my pants...

I'll have what he's having.....

:beathorse:

My point exactly :P

thats me tenderizing the dead horse for my new cupcake recipe.

It will silence all the "nay"sayers, eeeehhhhhh???

Gotsa love equine cakey treats...dey arda bestest!

I'm late to the party here, but obviously everyone has their right to their own opinions. I don't think much of Rush before A Farewell To Kings (Though Fly By Night is an exception (the album)). Having said that, I don't consider People who hate post MP to be true Rush fans, they are fans of their influences, the general genre, and therefore enjoy the albums that rush was most heavily influenced by the music they grew up with. Now they can be fans of Rush during that era, but I think a true rush fan has at least a respect for everything they have done, unlike the haters who say they should not have changed whatsoever.
  • Like 2

I'm late to the party here, but obviously everyone has their right to their own opinions. I don't think much of Rush before A Farewell To Kings (Though Fly By Night is an exception (the album)). Having said that, I don't consider People who hate post MP to be true Rush fans, they are fans of their influences, the general genre, and therefore enjoy the albums that rush was most heavily influenced by the music they grew up with. Now they can be fans of Rush during that era, but I think a true rush fan has at least a respect for everything they have done, unlike the haters who say they should not have changed whatsoever.

People...this is some pretty nifty wordings!

Segue, sit on it. You like that kind of stuff.

I love you. Your name sounds like a lost Toto classic!

• Like 1

With all due respect. I couldn't disagree more. I have read tons of posts around here over a decent period of time and your use of the word "hate" is a bit much. I am obviously a "non-liker" of post Power Windows stuff in general. I love the band as much as anyone and won't take a backseat.... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2

With all due respect. I couldn't disagree more. I have read tons of posts around here over a decent period of time and your use of the word "hate" is a bit much. I am obviously a "non-liker" of post Power Windows stuff in general. I love the band as much as anyone and won't take a backseat.... :)

but...you have respected those who do like it and you rekindled your love with recent releases, such as live stuff...aaaaaand...you never come across as closeminded to those who do like the nineties stuff.....annnnnnnd....the stuff you do love is AWWWWWWESOME!!

• Like 1

Personally, I'm cool with them playing as long as they can and... they still can. Their playing is still great! Find me a better, more energetic and aggressive bass player than Geddy Lee at 60! The man nails it!

I agree, Geddy's bass playing is still in top form. His voice is shot and neither Alex nor Neil have been able to maintain the facility on the respective instruments they way Geddy has. Like I said before, watching Geddy play is pretty much the only draw for me these days, concert-wise.

I don't agree with that at all. I think Alex has been great on the last few tours. For instance, La Villa Strangiato on The Time Machine tour was pretty close to perfect. It doesn't get any better than that. Granted I'm an old-school fan who is always disappointed that they don't play more pre-Permanent Waves stuff, which is when Alex played more to my tastes , but if they do tour again in 2015 or whenever, I will surely be attending at least 2 or 3 shows because I think they are playing great right now. Of course if they play mostly newer material and a heavy dose of synth era stuff I will be disappointed and complain about it, but I will still go to the shows.

(Yes I am a RUSH fan and I DO complain from time to time) nya%20nya.gif

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre

With all due respect. I couldn't disagree more. I have read tons of posts around here over a decent period of time and your use of the word "hate" is a bit much. I am obviously a "non-liker" of post Power Windows stuff in general. I love the band as much as anyone and won't take a backseat.... :)

but...you have respected those who do like it and you rekindled your love with recent releases, such as live stuff...aaaaaand...you never come across as closeminded to those who do like the nineties stuff.....annnnnnnd....the stuff you do love is AWWWWWWESOME!!

Exactly my point. You have been paying attention grasshopper. :) We can love this band equally but in different ways. Why not? Your a good dude Segue BTW. Missed your Toto, Bruce lov'in ass when you weren't around as much. Welcome back.. :cheers:

Oops... forgot ABBA :)

Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Exactly my point. You have been paying attention grasshopper. :) We can love this band equally but in different ways. Why not? Your a good dude Segue BTW. Missed your Toto, Bruce lov'in ass when you weren't around as much. Welcome back.. :cheers:

aww thanks! Have a none crotch-touched cupcake (choke on THAT Lorraine).