People that call them self for Rush-fans and then complain

YYZumbi

Posted Today, 11:23 AM

Gotta give Zumbi props for at least giving us something fun to do for a few hours anyway. Thanks bro'.... :cheers:

This post of mine earlier still stands. Thanks again Zumbi... :cheers:

• Like 1

Zumbi is awesome!

BTW I am in an outrageously happy mood. Can you tell??

Zumbi is awesome!

BTW I am in an outrageously happy mood. Can you tell??

Well, yes, now that you mention it. Your cupcakes saved the thread.

Anything to keep my buddies fat...I mean happy...

tr00 fans vs the posers, huh?

wow

I pose for anybody. Nobody says yes.

Hi guys. What's going on in here?

Love. Thats whats happening. We love. It happens. It is happening. We are lovenning

• Like 1

I'm late to the party here, but obviously everyone has their right to their own opinions. I don't think much of Rush before A Farewell To Kings (Though Fly By Night is an exception (the album)). Having said that, I don't consider People who hate post MP to be true Rush fans, they are fans of their influences, the general genre, and therefore enjoy the albums that rush was most heavily influenced by the music they grew up with. Now they can be fans of Rush during that era, but I think a true rush fan has at least a respect for everything they have done, unlike the haters who say they should not have changed whatsoever.

I completely and fully disagree with this in pretty much every way imaginable. First of all, very few RUSH fans "hate" everything post MP. I don't like that you conveniently leaped to that gross exaggeration to make your flawed point seem more defensible. I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of fans on this forum at least respect what RUSh has done post MP. or at least some of it or we probably wouldn't be here.

Secondly, to say devotees to RUSH's 70's fans are not fans of RUSH, but merely "fans of their influences, the general genre", is pretty ridiculous. The greatest thing about RUSH is that they never really fit into any genre. They created their own sound that was distinct and unique from other hard rock bands. I am as big a fan of RUSH (especially early RUSH) as you will find, and I don't really even like The Who (one of their biggest influences) all that much, outside of a few songs anyway. For roughly the first 5 years or so after i discovered RUSH, I barely even listened to anything else.

Lastly, you say that you "think a true rush fan has at least a respect for everything they have done" but you also said "I don't think much of Rush before A Farewell To Kings". Seems a bit contradictory to me, and by your own argument, you yourself cannot even be considered a "true rush fan".

I am of the opinion that as RUSH fanatics, we are all brethren who share a common bond. I think it's great that there is such passionate younger generation of RUSH fans who love the music they have produced later in their careers. But I also think it's important to remember that without the older fans of RUSH, there would be no post MP RUSH for you to enjoy.

• Like 3

and who gives a shit about any of this anyway?

I'll make fun of folks for not liking certain albums that I like or something like that, but when I go to bed at night I'm not losing any sleep over who likes power windows or who doesn't.

I will say that the reason I joined the rush forum, and not, say, the genesis forum, or the slayer forum or something, is because unlike those bands, I do like all of rush's albums and I've found that they have a lot less to criticize than most bands out there. I won't join a forum for a group unless I'm a diehard fan and still keeping up with and enjoying their new shit. so it was weird at first to see folks who really haven't liked jack shit since 82, but it's not a big deal at all, and at least those folks have good stories from the old days and can usually add something to discussion (for example, what they would like to see on the next rush album, even if they know they aren't gonna get it).

• Like 2

Be careful where you walk.

I might be behind you...

Be careful where you walk.

I might be behind you...

and don't take a cupcake if he offers you one. You never know where it's been.

you loved it. Hairs and all.

and this true fan vs false fan shit is so dumb! I don't like four out of fifteen iron maiden albums, and I don't have much of any respect for two of those records. that's a decade of maiden's career that I pretty much 100% dislike. but if anyone tried to tell me I wasn't a true maiden fan, I'd kick his ass!
  • Like 3

and this true fan vs false fan shit is so dumb! I don't like four out of fifteen iron maiden albums, and I don't have much of any respect for two of those records. that's a decade of maiden's career that I pretty much 100% dislike. but if anyone tried to tell me I wasn't a true maiden fan, I'd kick his ass!

Are these 4 albums from the second coming of Bruce and Adrian? Because I think those albums rock, especially Brave New World.

If those 4 albums are No Prayer through Virtual XI then I agree with you, those albums suck.

Edited by BowlCity

u sound stressed.

Cupcake?

• Like 2

u sound stressed.

Cupcake?

:laughing yellow guy:

Are these 4 albums from the second coming of Bruce and Adrian? Because I think those albums rock, especially Brave New World.

If those 4 albums are No Prayer through Virtual XI then I agree with you, those albums suck.

come on, is there anyone out there who honestly thinks 90s maiden is better than 2000s maiden?

u sound stressed.

Cupcake?

I think I come off like I'm legitimately pissed a lot when I'm not, but yeah I'll take a cupcake.

u sound stressed.

Cupcake?

I think I come off like I'm legitimately pissed a lot when I'm not, but yeah I'll take a cupcake.

Don't eat the green ones. They're not ripe yet.

• Like 1

u sound stressed.

Cupcake?

I hope you like it! Made it with love.

I feel some of you are a bit strict with your definitions. A man can love Yes's 70's albums and think they're the greatest albums in the world and still dislike everything they've done since. It's not whether or not you're a "true fan", it's whether or not you like it and everyone has a right to their opinion. Someone could just like 2112-Moving Pictures and that's fine. They could still consider them a huge fan because maybe that period meant something special to them or made them feel something that none of the others do. There are folks here that love Test For Echo while others loathe it. I'm not going to say they're any less of a fan.
  • Like 3

I feel some of you are a bit strict with your definitions. A man can love Yes's 70's albums and think they're the greatest albums in the world and still dislike everything they've done since. It's not whether or not you're a "true fan", it's whether or not you like it and everyone has a right to their opinion. Someone could just like 2112-Moving Pictures and that's fine. They could still consider them a huge fan because maybe that period meant something special to them or made them feel something that none of the others do. There are folks here that love Test For Echo while others loathe it. I'm not going to say they're any less of a fan.

agreed.