What's your musical "spread"

Dscrapre

Bob Dylan and Bob Marley & The Wailers.

Such a great way with words with very different approaches...and that's not even mentioning the obvious genre differences. Those 2 guys occupy a completely different shelf in my living room. [Rush and Pink Floyd are on the top shelf of another shelf above all the remaining CDs]. The Bobs are that important, special, and different.

Zydeco to Zeppelin. Bach to Camper van Beethoven. Johnny Cash to Johnny Rotten.

Take the Skinheads Bowling....

• Like 1

Porcupine Tree on one end, Green Day on the other.

While I am a HUGE Rush fan, Porcupine Tree wins the "far left" award because it is more opposite to Green Day. Very slow, mellow, dramatic but beautiful.

Green Day is three chords, up beat punk-ish with catchy little melodies. Not much thinking needed. :)

Well, I pretty much like a little of everything except rap. I enjoy a lot of 90s country, as well as red dirt/Texas country that doesnt get radio play. I enjoy some 90s alternative stuff. My wife has led me to appreciate classical music. I also enjoy music from musicals. A big guilty pleasure of mine is Neil Diamond - appreciate over the top boisterous personalities and passion (hes like a mix of Ron Burgundy and Captain Kirk)

Well, I pretty much like a little of everything except rap. I enjoy a lot of 90s country, as well as red dirt/Texas country that doesnt get radio play. I enjoy some 90s alternative stuff. My wife has led me to appreciate classical music. I also enjoy music from musicals. A big guilty pleasure of mine is Neil Diamond - appreciate over the top boisterous personalities and passion (hes like a mix of Ron Burgundy and Captain Kirk)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUyjY5Ri_E

Alicia Keys to Tom Petty

Edited by invisible airwave

Justin Beiber to Warrant ..

I applaude you for your bravery to place such a post Xanadoood
  • Like 1

I like Country AND Western. No really, my spread goes from classic rock (Kinks/Beatles/Zeppelin/early Aerosmith/Pink Floyd/etc) to art/post punk (Joy Division/early New Order/Wire/The Fall/The Buzzcocks/Swell Maps/etc.) Those two genres don't have a lot of mutual admirers yet they make up the bulk of my favorites. Of course like most everyone I like other stuff from Vince Guaraldi to Shivkumar Sharma.
  • Like 1

I like Country AND Western. No really, my spread goes from classic rock (Kinks/Beatles/Zeppelin/early Aerosmith/Pink Floyd/etc) to art/post punk (Joy Division/early New Order/Wire/The Fall/The Buzzcocks/Swell Maps/etc.) Those two genres don't have a lot of mutual admirers yet they make up the bulk of my favorites. Of course like most everyone I like other stuff from Vince Guaraldi to Shivkumar Sharma.

I am the same. Who says you can't have Pink Floyd and Joy Division on the same playlist?

And how about Rush and Beyoncé. I love that woman, chunky thighs and all! Her debut album and a host of her singles are genuine not-so-guilty pleasures! I could easily play Beyoncé-I Care and Opeth's Beneath The Mire without a blink of an eye one after the other!

I love everything except rap/hip-hop. If you browse through my iTunes you'll find:

John Denver to Slayer,

Neil Diamond to Social Distortion,

Mussorsgsky to Tom Petty,

oh, and a lot of Rush albums

Death - Probably not the most extreme music out there and while it's not the most extreme music I've listened to, it's the most extreme music I listen to on a regular basis (slightly more extreme than Opeth IMO)

Thundercat - He's a multi-genre bassist whose solo music I'd describe as a combination of Acid Jazz, Psychedelic, Funk, Electronica and R&B. He was also the bassist for Suicidal Tendencies from 2002-2011.

I am the same. Who says you can't have Pink Floyd and Joy Division on the same playlist?

And how about Rush and Beyoncé. I love that woman, chunky thighs and all! Her debut album and a host of her singles are genuine not-so-guilty pleasures! I could easily play Beyoncé-I Care and Opeth's Beneath The Mire without a blink of an eye one after the other!

Crazy In Love is the only one I tolerate because of the horns.

Dire Straits to B.o.B.

The latter is the so-called "emo rapper" that overrated hack, Drake, wishes he was and is one of the few pop and rap performers I can stand now.

• Like 1