Your Favorite Quotes!

Nate2112

It wasn't a significant bullet

Werner Herzog

He was capable of harnessing the madness of Klaus Kinski. Being shot was a mere annoyance by comparison. :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ylXqc8TQ15w

Kinski was an amazing talent. If you watch all of his films with Herzog, you see an actor of incredible range and genuis. Herzog is still a badass!

Kinski and Herzog did have a weird, symbiotic relationship. I've only seen Fitzcarraldo and Aguirre, The Wrath of God. I'll have to set aside some time to watch the others.

Yes, Herzog is a badass. :yes:

• Like 3

Werner Herzog

He was capable of harnessing the madness of Klaus Kinski. Being shot was a mere annoyance by comparison. :LOL:

Kinski was an amazing talent. If you watch all of his films with Herzog, you see an actor of incredible range and genuis. Herzog is still a badass!

Kinski and Herzog did have a weird, symbiotic relationship. I've only seen Fitzcarraldo and Aguirre, The Wrath of God. I'll have to set aside some time to watch the others.

My suggestion—Nosferatu & Cobra Verde, buy those DVD's with dirctors commentary...awesome stories from Werner. Woyzek is not dubbed in English. All of them well made and profound. Cobra Verde was the last movie they made together.
  • Like 2

Werner Herzog

My suggestion—Nosferatu & Cobra Verde, buy those DVD's with dirctors commentary...awesome stories from Werner. Woyzek is not dubbed in English. All of them well made and profound. Cobra Verde was the last movie they made together.

Thanks for the recommendations. :cheers:

I can always find time for more Herzog!

• Like 1

Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

-- Ape Law 29:6 (Pierre Boulle)

• Like 1

"Blessed is the man who travels prepared to camp anywhere." - George W. "Nessmuk" Sears.

"You sweat, you die." - Les Stroud.
  • Like 1

"I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!" - Unknown.
  • Like 1

"Ave! Duci novo, similis duci seneci."

There is nothing "once and for all" in any decision to change. Each day brings a new embarking. It's always a recalibration and a reassessing of attitude and the old, tired ways of proceeding, which are hard to shake for any of us. (Gregory Boyle - Tattoos on the Heart)
  • Like 1

I'm on an Alarm marathon and each and every line is a favouritre quote of mine,

but here is the stand out for today...

"When the nails are biting into your hands,

and the cross is heavy on your heart,

now is the time to really make a stand".

(The Alarm "Blaze of Glory")

"Good morning starshine,

The Earth says HELLO!"

-Willy Wonka, 2005