I Finally Listened To The Vapor Trails Remix!!!

rushgoober

I was hopeful that you'd given it a chance with your thread title, and given the free RS stream which actually sounded good.. it sounded like you actually listened to it at least once. I couldn't get past your second sentence however. If you don't give it a fair shake, then your opinion is pure unadulated bullshit. f**k you. :)

:LMAO:

I LITERALLY lol'ed on that one! Wow, such venomous hate over one person's opinion on a music album. Sometimes I think people worship Rush as a religion, and saying anything bad about them is like taking the Lord's name in vain. It's really not that important an issue in the grand scheme of things, not even close.

That is clearly some of what we are dealing with here: blind (or should we call it "deaf") devotion to a great, but not infalliable, band.

I compltely understand the phenomenon, because I used to be that way with Yes. Everything they did was great, every turd they dropped was chocolate ice cream. And then the album Open Your Eyes really opened my ears to the fact that Yes were not perfect, and had not been perfect for a really, really long time.

When people are locked into hero-whorhsip mode, and their very identity is wrapped up in being a rabid fan of a particular band, weird things will happen. Suddenly you find yourself believing that Steve Howe's guitar tone has been great all along, instead of starting to suck after the first Asia album. Or you would swear that We Can't Dance was as good an album as Duke. Or that Vapour Trails is a great Rush album that only suffered from poor engineering during recording. And anyone who would dare criticize the quality of the songs is a hater or a Debbie Downer.

To quote another awful Rush song, "It is what it is, and whatever."

Of course, all opinions expressed above are subject to change at any time.

;)

Its a very weak album song-wise and musically with the obligatory "IMO" added. Ceiling Unlimited has been the only song that even makes me entertain pulling the cd out. Having said that, I'll probably blow the 10 bucks, maybe for Christmas, just to hear the music that may have been buried in the mix. There is bound to be alot I could never hear before. I don't expect that fact to make the songs any better or any less forgettable.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guess goobs ate his wheaties and was up for some sparring today. classic.

if nothing else he is being consistent in his dislike for VT. i can see if you liked VT to begin that you could grow to like it even more but to change from dislike to like does not make sense to me.

i liked VT and really liked the the material live and my opinion of the disc was set before i ever joined this forum.

in all honesty i had never heard anyone complain about the sound prior to joining the forum. since then the bitching has been relentess and somewhere along the line IMO, the shitty sound took on a urban legend like quality that has likely negatively influenced the new fans perceptions of VT and now that the so called problem has been fixed they can fall in line......

I honestly can't fathom why so many people get bothered by the opinions of one person about a music group (especially since I love most of their albums), but some people take it way too seriously, and oddly WAY too personally. Just disagree and write me off as crazy if you don't like my opinions...

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again – and maybe this time you’ll GET IT:

Of course everyone’s entitled to their opinion, but it’s the way you offer your opinions which irks people. You state your opinions like they’re the only correct ones to have – empirical TRUTHS, not just your OPINIONS – and then act as if others are fools or idiots to disagree with these “truths” or “reality.” Do you really think you’re “the lone voice of reason in the wilderness,” while everyone else is blind to the truth?? How arrogant is that?! Can you not see how that pisses people off?

Ok, I really didn't. I kept thinking with all this fantastically obnoxious talk about the VT remix I should really listen to it and see what I think, but after suffering through the 30 second clips and no improvement whatsoever over the original other than it being less physically painful to listen to (clearer sound doesn't magically make bad songs good), I just couldn't do it. I want to, in theory, but when it comes down to it I'm just not that masochistic to put myself through an hour plus of such a horrible album again when there is so much good and great music out there for my ears to spend time with instead.

Looking at the Rush board these days with 800 threads about Rush's worst moment in their recorded history (by a very long margin) is pretty disgusting and obnoxious. Likely many feel the same way about my posts on the matter and this thread. it is what it is, but thankfully it's not forever as VT's new 15 minutes will soon be up and people will revert back to talking about their great albums again.

And the ironic thing is all this talk is about an album that will at most sell a few thousand copies and be enjoyed only by the most rabid, forgiving and sentimental of their hardcore fan base.

With all the mastrubatory VT threads out there, someone needs to be the voice of reason and remember that this album is still a giant steaming POS.

Maybe it's time for a little vacation off this board then? ;)

Just kidding - your posts doesn't bother me :)

I honestly can't fathom why so many people get bothered by the opinions of one person about a music group (especially since I love most of their albums), but some people take it way too seriously, and oddly WAY too personally. Just disagree and write me off as crazy if you don't like my opinions, or ignore me entirely, but some people just can't seem to help themselves and are like moths to a flame... every time! :P

Goober,

I'm going to hunt you down like a slimy dog and tether you to a poll and force you to listen to this newly polished work of art you call a "turd"! Then after you have suffered through this painful ordeal, I will make you listen to it again and remove one of your toe nails after each song so you would know what real pain is. Then I will take these appendages and make a soup out of them, hang you over the pot and have you soak in the Vapor of steam rising from this keratin concoction before you are force fed the putrid soup. Oh, but it wouldn't be over then. Oh no, not by a long shot. After a Day of this prolonged event I will wait for you to defecate an enormous putrefied excrement and carefully I'll grab this Steaming pile of Crap (with Gloves of course) insert it into a turkey baster which will then inject this colon induced stool sample into your ears and ask:

"Compare! Which Steaming pile of crap do you prefer!" :P

:lol:

Even then I'd still love ya, Hector ya big lug! :P :cheers:

I honestly can't fathom why so many people get bothered by the opinions of one person about a music group (especially since I love most of their albums), but some people take it way too seriously, and oddly WAY too personally. Just disagree and write me off as crazy if you don't like my opinions...

Of course everyone’s entitled to their opinion, but it’s the way you offer your opinions which irks people. You state your opinions like they’re the only correct ones to have – empirical TRUTHS, not just your OPINIONS – and then act as if others are fools or idiots to disagree with these “truths” or “reality.” Do you really think you’re “the lone voice of reason in the wilderness,” while everyone else is blind to the truth?? How arrogant is that?! Can you not see how that pisses people off?

Is that a small font you have there, or are you just unahppy to see me? :P

Dude, i'ts much more fun to post that way - keeps it more spicy. And for making everyone's Wednesday that much more entertaining, let me say in advance - you're welcome. :yes: :P

I haven't regularly posted in a LONG time...it's both funny and sad to see that truly, some things never change.

Dude, i'ts much more fun to post that way - keeps it more spicy. And for making everyone's Wednesday that much more entertaining, let me say in advance - you're welcome. :yes: :P

i don't always read bullshit but when i do, i prefer it to be Goobers. stay aggravating my friend...

Oh, he can see it, all right. He sees it and enjoys it!

Compelling reasons drive the behaviour of a person who takes pleasure from asserting their own perceived superiority and deriding the tastes and feelings of others in the harshest and most contemptuous terms, but I lack the psychological qualifications to discuss them here ;) :lol:

i don't always read bullshit but when i do, i prefer it to be Goobers. stay aggravating my friend...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/pointing-and-laughing.gif

Yes, it’s more “spicy.” So, you’re admitting you post as you do to “spice things up,” get some people hot and bothered. That being the case, you’re no better than Necro or a troll.

(Explanation of font: I often type my posts/responses in a Word document first, then cut-and-paste them onto the board. When I do, it ends up looking like THAT. As for why I type them in Word first, there’s a couple reasons: one, my posts are sometimes LONG and thus require editing along the way, and/or two, I’m at work, and typing a Word doc fools supervisors into thinking I’m really WORKING; typing on a message board looks like PLAY.)

I used to be with you on hating this album.

But after the remix I think it sounds great.

I'm glad they did it. Not sure why it bothers you at all, since it's not like to took much of their time to do. It just sounds like sour grapes that other people got what they wanted?

It's nice for us, didn't hurt you. Win, win?

Yes, it’s more “spicy.” So, you’re admitting you post as you do to “spice things up,” get some people hot and bothered. That being the case, you’re no better than Necro or a troll.

(Explanation of font: I often type my posts/responses in a Word document first, then cut-and-paste them onto the board. When I do, it ends up looking like THAT. As for why I type them in Word first, there’s a couple reasons: one, my posts are sometimes LONG and thus require editing along the way, and/or two, I’m at work, and typing a Word doc fools supervisors into thinking I’m really WORKING; typing on a message board looks like PLAY.)

If you want your posts to adopt the normal TRF font format, there are two buttons to help you.

There are two rows of buttons above the post box. Bottom row has Bold, Italics, etc. Top row has some special formatting options, fonts, smileys, etc. The two right-most buttons on the top row are Paste as Plain Text, and Paste from Word. I haven't tried the Word one yet, but I've used the other one to paste text that I've copied from web pages that had different fonts and links and such, and using that button removes all that extra stuff. Try 'em out!

Ok, I really didn't. I kept thinking with all this fantastically obnoxious talk about the VT remix I should really listen to it and see what I think, but after suffering through the 30 second clips and no improvement whatsoever over the original other than it being less physically painful to listen to (clearer sound doesn't magically make bad songs good), I just couldn't do it. I want to, in theory, but when it comes down to it I'm just not that masochistic to put myself through an hour plus of such a horrible album again when there is so much good and great music out there for my ears to spend time with instead.

Looking at the Rush board these days with 800 threads about Rush's worst moment in their recorded history (by a very long margin) is pretty disgusting and obnoxious. Likely many feel the same way about my posts on the matter and this thread. it is what it is, but thankfully it's not forever as VT's new 15 minutes will soon be up and people will revert back to talking about their great albums again.

And the ironic thing is all this talk is about an album that will at most sell a few thousand copies and be enjoyed only by the most rabid, forgiving and sentimental of their hardcore fan base.

With all the mastrubatory VT threads out there, someone needs to be the voice of reason and remember that this album is still a giant steaming POS.

Maybe it's time for a little vacation off this board then? ;)

Just kidding - your posts doesn't bother me :)

I honestly can't fathom why so many people get bothered by the opinions of one person about a music group (especially since I love most of their albums), but some people take it way too seriously, and oddly WAY too personally. Just disagree and write me off as crazy if you don't like my opinions, or ignore me entirely, but some people just can't seem to help themselves and are like moths to a flame... every time! :P

Goober,

I'm going to hunt you down like a slimy dog and tether you to a poll and force you to listen to this newly polished work of art you call a "turd"! Then after you have suffered through this painful ordeal, I will make you listen to it again and remove one of your toe nails after each song so you would know what real pain is. Then I will take these appendages and make a soup out of them, hang you over the pot and have you soak in the Vapor of steam rising from this keratin concoction before you are force fed the putrid soup. Oh, but it wouldn't be over then. Oh no, not by a long shot. After a Day of this prolonged event I will wait for you to defecate an enormous putrefied excrement and carefully I'll grab this Steaming pile of Crap (with Gloves of course) insert it into a turkey baster which will then inject this colon induced stool sample into your ears and ask:

"Compare! Which Steaming pile of crap do you prefer!" :P

:lol:

Even then I'd still love ya, Hector ya big lug! :P :cheers:

Gorsh! Ahiuck! :hug2:

Explanation of font: I often type my posts/responses in a Word document first, then cut-and-paste them onto the board. When I do, it ends up looking like THAT. As for why I type them in Word first, there’s a couple reasons: one, my posts are sometimes LONG and thus require editing along the way, and/or two, I’m at work, and typing a Word doc fools supervisors into thinking I’m really WORKING; typing on a message board looks like PLAY.

If you want your posts to adopt the normal TRF font format, there are two buttons to help you.

There are two rows of buttons above the post box. Bottom row has Bold, Italics, etc. Top row has some special formatting options, fonts, smileys, etc. The two right-most buttons on the top row are Paste as Plain Text, and Paste from Word. I haven't tried the Word one yet, but I've used the other one to paste text that I've copied from web pages that had different fonts and links and such, and using that button removes all that extra stuff. Try 'em out!

Thanks for the tip. I will!

Oh, he can see it, all right. He sees it and enjoys it!

Compelling reasons drive the behaviour of a person who takes pleasure from asserting their own perceived superiority and deriding the tastes and feelings of others in the harshest and most contemptuous terms, but I lack the psychological qualifications to discuss them here ;) :lol:

Well written, indeed. I don't really see myself as hurting the feelings of others by putting down an album. If people are really that wrapped up in an album that their feelings get hurt when someone puts down a music album by a band, well, that's just a bit ridiculous IMO.

Alas, I only wish I was the most interesting person in the world. :P

Archived