VT remix samples up

gornhay

Tough to really tell from those samples because they're so lo-res, but they hint at a good-sounding VT. We can only hope.

Yeah I actually listened to the Original samples afterward and they sounded better. These new samples have that flangy effect on the high hats that disguises the actual mix. I'll hold judgement until the actual CD comes out. Cause these were not to good. :codger:

• Like 1

Despite the crappy-flangey-treble lo-rez mp3 mess of those clips, I can still hear some clear (ironic choice of adjective!) differences for the better, namely more space around the instruments and some sweetening on the vocals (especially the wordless vocals in OLV and Freeze). Looking forward to this remix; the original mix sounds as though they just threw all the faders on the mixing board up to 10 and were done with it. Edited by Bangster of Goats

Tough to really tell from those samples because they're so lo-res, but they hint at a good-sounding VT. We can only hope.

I agree. Taking into account the low quality both of the samples and of the speakers on my computer, I am cautiously optimistic.

I can't tell what is changed due to the horrendously low quality of the samples or what was changed in the mix. It sounds like ass, but hopefully it the former issue and not the latter.

I would still bet money that the HD tracks remastered version will be better than this remix. Don't know why more people don't buy the HD tracks version.

Because last time I looked, you had to buy it in a package deal, and I didn't have $79 to blow on it.

As 73 said, hard to tell if the damage is less apparent because of the bitrate, but it's obvious they did in fact change things. The more docile songs like Ghost Rider, The Stars Look Down and How It Is sound a lot better in these samples, so I'm very happy about that. However the sample of Nocturne has no substance. Anyway, I still can't wait for my order to ship to blast it through my stereo. :D
  • Like 1

I would still bet money that the HD tracks remastered version will be better than this remix. Don't know why more people don't buy the HD tracks version.

Because last time I looked, you had to buy it in a package deal, and I didn't have $79 to blow on it.

Nope. I bought the album for something like 16 bucks.

Yeah I actually listened to the Original samples afterward and they sounded better. These new samples have that flangy effect on the high hats that disguises the actual mix. I'll hold judgement until the actual CD comes out. Cause these were not to good. :codger:

Those flangy effects comes from low bit-rate sound files, so the CD should be eons better :)

• Like 1

I got really excited to hear the snippets...then i got really scared when i clicked play and heard how awful it sounded...once i went through all the samples i knew it must have been bitrate issues...I've collected a few unofficial remixes/remasters, but I'm really hyped to get a hold of this one.

Exciting to hear that Geddy`s vocals seem more forward in the mix - that`s one thing that I would have wanted tweaking. I`m intrigued to hear the different versions side-by-side - the original VT and the remixed - but am thinking I might just be used to the original and listen to that one, anyway!

Think I`ll make a playlist of the two albums and put it on random, and see if I can guess which is which, or just listen blindly and try to notice which I like better.

Besides the low quality streaming it sounds promising. Seems to have gotten more clarity and each instrument sits a lot better in the mix. Now I'm even more looking forward to my vinyl :D

When I saw the vinyl available for ordering I placed an order. I'm going to be knocking on my parents door to see if they haven't thrown out the record player. If not I'm going to see if I can repair it and play it alongside the CA vinyl.

• Like 1