Most Underrated Rush Album

ANTHEM75

I'd say Vapor Trails. Everyone puts it down for bad production, but I honestly don't mind it. The music is great, enough to make my top five. Hold Your Fire is overlooked, too. And Presto, for that matter.

I've seen a far amount of love for HYF. maybe not an outpouring but enough i wouldn't call it underrated.

Mick

I really think if Tai Shan wasn't on it, fans would rate it as the best of the 80's era. That song alone is enough to make people hate it.

• Like 1

By far Hold Your Fire. Unappreciated brilliance. Yes it is layered to the max with synths and sequenced parts. Yes it is by far the most contemporary Rush album ever. Yes yes yes.

For me it is was one of the crowning achievements of this band (along with Power Windows in this phase of their evolution). A power trio whose roots were Led Zeppelin, Cream and The Who, able to produce a record so in tune with the times they were in was mind blowing. The absolute essence of Rush that has always been relevant throughout their history, was their uncanny way of hearing what was going on around them and finding a way to incorporate that with their sound and signature style.

It was brilliant.

And yes it became a tough relationship (musically) between Alex and Geddy during this phase of the band. But incredibly and in hindsight, Alex layed down some of his finest guitar work during the 80's period.

Analog Kid

Chemistry

Digital Man

The Weapon

Red Sector A

Afterimage

Kid Gloves

The Body Electric

Between The Wheels

The Big Money

Grand Designs

Marathon

Territories

Middletown Dreams

Emotion Detector

Open Secrets

The Mission

Turn The Page

Time Stand Still

High Water

All brilliant guitar work in my book. Do I like his work better before this? Yeah. Give me Hemispheres-Moving Pictures as his absolute prime best guitar work in every category. But the way Alex had to evolve his sound and role in the band was brilliant, albeit difficult at times.

It made for very interesting, exciting and fresh new Rush music (and opened them to a whole new generation of fans). I am glad it happened the way it happened. It's what made this band so much fun to listen to. Where as every single AC/DC record sounds like the same riffs and sonic sound over and over and over and over.

Boring.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Presto or Test For Echo

As the Official Ambarassor of T4E I approve this message.

its been almost 2 years since I made that post and I'd like to take back my claim about Test For Echo. But it's still true for Presto.

Fly By Night is a classic for me, and the fact that it goes so sadly unappreciated is completely baffling ... It also features the MOST CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED Rush song : IN THE END ...

I also love Caress Of Steel, and feel that The Necromancer has been universally shunned too

• Like 4

Fly By Night is a classic for me, and the fact that it goes so sadly unappreciated is completely baffling ... It also features the MOST CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED Rush song : IN THE END ...

I also love Caress Of Steel, and feel that The Necromancer has been universally shunned too

Lucas, I couldn't agree with your more. In The End is one of the best songs Rush ever did.

• Like 2

Only five posts. Gonna assume you are new around these parts. If so welcome to the TRF :cheers: If not ignore this and move on :LOL: ...
  • Like 1

FBN has three amazing songs on it:

Anthem

By Tor & The Snow Dog

In The End

All three songs are monsters.

• Like 2

Power Windows

Vapor Trails

The reviews are in: This Post Is A Surefire Hit! Bravo!