Random facts about YOU! Let's hear 'em.

hobo73

Oh, another thing- Sheldon Cooper is the big brother I never had growing up.

He is the world's most awesome big brother!

:D-13: :D-13: :D-13:

I think you left out this random fact about you: You drink heavily.

Define heavily....

• Like 1

I stay away from soy milk as it is said to have a negative effect on mens ability to reproduce

Its cause of the estrogen levels... if you're worried about that then stop drinking bottled water... same reason.

I've never held a baby and don't want to.

I took classical piano training from age 5-18; it was twice/week once I got into middle school. By the time I hit high school I HATED practising, hated lessons, and was so ready to be done with it all. But my parents wouldn't let me quit. Or rather, if I'd quit they'd have made me give up other activities that I actually enjoyed. It was supposed to be one of those skills/hobbies I could enjoy for life. Except that it was pushed so far that I stopped enjoying it.

After my senior recital that was it. I'd had it. I have only played once since then and that was over 20 years ago; I cannot even read music much anymore. Mom asked me a few weeks ago if I thought I'd ever want the piano. I told her, "no, go ahead and sell the bitch." They're cool furniture and all but I won't play it.

Even Mom admits that the forced lessons were a Mistake In Parenting. Past a point it was a big waste of time, money, and miles driven back and forth to lessons and such. And when I practised I made sure everyone in the house was as unhappy as I was.

This was an interesting read for me because my mother let me quit at age 12 after 6 years of lessons and now I hate that I gave it up.

I've never held a baby and don't want to.

I took classical piano training from age 5-18; it was twice/week once I got into middle school. By the time I hit high school I HATED practising, hated lessons, and was so ready to be done with it all. But my parents wouldn't let me quit. Or rather, if I'd quit they'd have made me give up other activities that I actually enjoyed. It was supposed to be one of those skills/hobbies I could enjoy for life. Except that it was pushed so far that I stopped enjoying it.

After my senior recital that was it. I'd had it. I have only played once since then and that was over 20 years ago; I cannot even read music much anymore. Mom asked me a few weeks ago if I thought I'd ever want the piano. I told her, "no, go ahead and sell the bitch." They're cool furniture and all but I won't play it.

Even Mom admits that the forced lessons were a Mistake In Parenting. Past a point it was a big waste of time, money, and miles driven back and forth to lessons and such. And when I practised I made sure everyone in the house was as unhappy as I was.

This was an interesting read for me because my mother let me quit at age 12 after 6 years of lessons and now I hate that I gave it up.

My parents forced me to take triangle lessons for years. It was torture. :rage:
  • Like 3

My last name can be traced all along the Western Mediterranean - from Portugal to Spain to France to Italy to Sicily. There is evidence of the name having ancient Jewish roots, which also go from Judea down to Yemen and East Africa.

So when I tell my older Italian-Catholic relatives that we may have Jewish roots, they get that classic "Huh?" look on their faces..... :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

I'm an accurate shooter up to 150 yards. Rifle or pistol equally accurate with both.

I've been wanting to go to a shooting range lately. Guns scare the ever loving hell out of me, but I would like to learn to use one in case I ever HAVE to. (Hope not, but you know.)

I know my husband wants one at some point long with a gun safe. Might as well learn to use it, huh? lol.

I'm not scared of guns, but I'm scared of people with guns. Wouldn't want to piss them off ;)

I like shooting. It's very much Zen; the focused breathing and mentally putting a whole through the target before you pull the trigger. I once went to a shooting range, and got 187 out of 200 points the first time I tried shooting. Got 3 shots through the same hole :yes:

• Like 2

I'm not scared of guns, but I'm scared of people with guns. Wouldn't want to piss them off ;)

I like shooting. It's very much Zen; the focused breathing and mentally putting a whole through the target before you pull the trigger. I once went to a shooting range, and got 187 out of 200 points the first time I tried shooting. Got 3 shots through the same hole :yes:

see.....that seems relaxing and zen-like, indeed!

I just have pretty awful realizations attached to guns and have been around people who

a) thought they were a joke and handled them the wrong way, or

b) people who for some reason acted like they had nothing to lose and dared a gunman to shoot them WHILE surrounded by others who really really did NOT feel like getting shot that day.

Ya know. lol.

Funny to compare the two. One has the goal to experience insight and gain enlightenment; the other has the goal to blast the f**k out of something.

Since 'focus' seems to be the only thing the two have in common, I guess the way I observe cleavage can be described as 'Zen-like'.

JohnnyBlaze buddy #1: Don't interrupt Johnny he's in a state of Zen.

JohnnyBlaze buddy #2: Really? I thought he was just looking at that girl's tits.

• Like 2

Funny to compare the two. One has the goal to experience insight and gain enlightenment; the other has the goal to blast the f**k out of something.

Since 'focus' seems to be the only thing the two have in common, I guess the way I observe cleavage can be described as 'Zen-like'.

JohnnyBlaze buddy #1: Don't interrupt Johnny he's in a state of Zen.

JohnnyBlaze buddy #2: Really? I thought he was just looking at that girl's tits.

The Zen of all things Zen (although a fine behind can be Zen too) :ebert:

I stay away from soy milk as it is said to have a negative effect on mens ability to reproduce

Its cause of the estrogen levels... if you're worried about that then stop drinking bottled water... same reason.

This applies to water in plastic bottles only.

I can't remember what my real hair color looks like.
  • Like 1

I could probably help, but it would involve you sending me a very private picture.

Oh wow! I didn't think you would send it!

That would have worked but I get Brazilians these days.

• Like 2

I could probably help, but it would involve you sending me a very private picture.

Well, thanks for sending the pictures anyway!

• Like 1

Why is it taking you so long to respond? Are you busy Googling that shit?

• Like 1

Well, thanks for sending the pictures anyway!

Bah!I knew that's what you were going to say!

• Like 1