Random facts about YOU! Let's hear 'em.

hobo73

My last name is likely to originate from OIdenburg, Germany. It can also be found on a Spanish beer.

:cheers: then also a cheers to you from Germany.

Cheers to you from a little place up north called Denmark :LOL: :cheers:

It may be a little place but very beautiful from what I heard?

I think it's pretty, but Germany has more beautiful places. Especially Elbrinxen, Scwhalenberg, Köterberg, Herman Denksmal and Externsteiner Teutumberg (if I remember the name correctly) has a special meaning to me :)

• Like 1

All these dudes talking about Germany lol.....was just telling this to my mother in law last night, it was either my great grandfather or great great grandfather on my dads' side who was a lumberjack in Germany.

So I have some German in me, and am Polish as well! =D

http://jholroyd.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/lumberjack.jpg

Couldn't help myself :P

• Like 1

All these dudes talking about Germany lol.....was just telling this to my mother in law last night, it was either my great grandfather or great great grandfather on my dads' side who was a lumberjack in Germany.

http://jholroyd.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/lumberjack.jpg

Couldn't help myself :P

:D good one

• Like 1

wow, I've met a lot of people here with German ancestry.

Also a big cheers to you from the other side of the pond. :cheers:

I'm almost 100% German. My last name can be found on many German Christmas ornaments. :D

So your name is Weihnachten :LMAO: .

Cheers :cheers: to the beautiful Chi Town. I will never forget how the people of your city treated me so kind in 2010.

Fröliche, actually. ;) Hey, my sister lives on the Rhein...in Rheinberg. :cheers: Prost!

Prost :cheers: to you from Germany. The Rhein (Rhine) is a beautiful river and there are lots of wonderful places alongside.

Spent the night in Assmanshausen this summer and it was beautiful! Best name ever for a town, by the way.

• Like 1

I'm almost 100% German. My last name can be found on many German Christmas ornaments. :D

Cheers :cheers: to the beautiful Chi Town. I will never forget how the people of your city treated me so kind in 2010.

Fröliche, actually. ;) Hey, my sister lives on the Rhein...in Rheinberg. :cheers: Prost!

Prost :cheers: to you from Germany. The Rhein (Rhine) is a beautiful river and there are lots of wonderful places alongside.

Spent the night in Assmanshausen this summer and it was beautiful! Best name ever for a town, by the way.

We have a lot of beautiful town names in Germany. Here's one from Bavaria.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/600400-Fucking-One-Salient-Oversight-jpg_130932_zpsc5be7dfa.jpg

• Like 1

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/600400-Fucking-One-Salient-Oversight-jpg_130932_zpsc5be7dfa.jpg

Hey, I was JUST there last weekend. Wanted to stay longer but was in and out of there pretty fast. :o :P :outtahere: Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 5

can't remember if I brought this up here before, was just telling a friend that my father used to own 2 restaurants.

Skybox Family Restaurant and Skybox deli, both were sports-themed. The deli was more of a test, because it was in a business district. My dad couldn't stand the uppity lawyer-types who came in, so he closed it.

The restaurant was jam-packed all day, every day! The mayor ate lunch there every single day lol. It seemed like at least once a week, a radio station would be there, doing awesome giveaways/shows/promos (I once won a water bottle from an ESPN radio raffle lol).

I was 8-9 when it opened. My "job" was to prep condiments and sauce cups and fill coleslaw cups lmao.

Pops also ran a concession stand and sponsored my softball team one year. Our team always got free food after the games ;)

It was very successful, too.

It's a shame he couldn't keep it going :(

*things waaaaayyyy out of his control, unfortunately.*

:dweez:

• Like 1

Hey, I was JUST there last weekend. Wanted to stay longer but was in and out of there pretty fast. :o :P :outtahere:

Bet they never even saw you coming.

impressive Goose. :notworthy:
  • Like 1

I imagine they are very exhausted. And sore.

• Like 4

Well, I don't come from a fun-named city but I do have randomness. I've been growing my hair out now for a year and have about another six months or so to go before I can cut it all off and donate it to, "Locks of Love" (http://www.locksoflove.org/). It's an organization that makes wigs for children who have lost their hair due to illness. Your hair needs to be 10 inches in length. I want to donate healthy hair so I have not been coloring it or even blow drying it. It is driving me crazy though I won't lie. I'm two seconds away from going Britney Spears on my hair.
  • Like 6

Well, I don't come from a fun-named city but I do have randomness. I've been growing my hair out now for a year and have about another six months or so to go before I can cut it all off and donate it to, "Locks of Love" (http://www.locksoflove.org/). It's an organization that makes wigs for children who have lost their hair due to illness. Your hair needs to be 10 inches in length. I want to donate healthy hair so I have not been coloring it or even blow drying it. It is driving me crazy though I won't lie. I'm two seconds away from going Britney Spears on my hair.

So your hair is as long as mine then by now?? :sundog:

I am going for a bit of length which I haven't had since the last time I wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love (in the early 90s). I cut off almost 20 inches of hair but they couldn't accept it because I had permed and colored it at one point. What if you donated yours though? Could any of us imagine a five-year-old sporting the wild treeduck 'do?! HA!

I am going for a bit of length which I haven't had since the last time I wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love (in the early 90s). I cut off almost 20 inches of hair but they couldn't accept it because I had permed and colored it at one point. What if you donated yours though? Could any of us imagine a five-year-old sporting the wild treeduck 'do?! HA!

If I donated mine it'd probably come alive and take over the area in a daring endeavor! Can you imagine the police trying to take my hair down? :o :smoke:

Holy s***! :o

That's wonderful!!! I did that in high school. I was able to donate about 20 inches. Boy, did my head feel NAKED. lol!

The sign was stolen so many times, they even think of changing the name of the village. LOL

The sign was stolen so many times, they even think of changing the name of the village. LOL

They have the same problem in Paris, Denmark. A little town of 7 houses or something like that. Only one road going straight through :P

This is not really a fact but when I was a kid and would go trick or treat, one of my neighbors would always grunt and slam the door :D. I remember when my family had a bitch german shepherd and our neighbor had a male german shepherd. Our dog couldn't stand the other dog and would always try to 'kick his ass', and one day our dog ran straight through the fence to get to the other dog, only to get such a beating from the other dog. I don't know why our dog kept attacking the other dog, because she always lost :P

I'll throw in for good measure, that the dogs fighting were never serious in a way that it would be dangerous. As soon as our dog gave up they stopped, and neither of them ever got hurt. :)

That's wonderful!!! I did that in high school. I was able to donate about 20 inches. Boy, did my head feel NAKED. lol!

That is so cool! It's such a great cause. It is weird when you get a bunch of hair cut off, especially when shampooing or combing it soon after. I've caught myself flipping my hair out of a shirt after putting it on and thinking, "Why did I just do that? I have to no hair trapped in my shirt that needs to be released."

• Like 1

Another four inches and I can donate my back hair! :banana:
  • Like 4

Ewwww, could you imagine a wig made out of back hair? Would look like a giant nutsack.
  • Like 2

Ewwww, could you imagine a wig made out of back hair? Would look like a giant nutsack.

Icky. Edited by Janie
  • Like 1