Why do you suppose more males than females are Rush fans?

Tom Sawyer

I think the number one reason is *most* females prefer to be "excited" by lyrics, just look at evidence mostly in pop, but also rock. Aerosmith for example, Tyler is very "suggestive".

It all started with "swooning crooners" like Frank Sinatra. He excited the females. How about Elvis? Wow?

Then the Beatles weren't about the body languange as much as the lyrics. Mick jagger and the Stones... same thing very suggestive.

I think the females like a little (or maybe even a lot) of naughty with their music. :huh:

Edited by Tom Sawyer
  • Like 1

I really don't care to know.

But what I do know is my wife loves them. And the last 3 tours the girls are getting hotter and hotter and hotter (yes I have a very hot wife too) attending what is essentially a saugage fest.

Thank god for small miralces.

Check out the little video Rush did for opening night over at rushisaband.com

Yowzaaa!!

I just asked my wife this question as she kind of likes Rush, but more realistically she just tolerates the band.

This was her answer, and these are direct quotes from her (as I kept laughing, she kept going on, and I kept typing):

"Men can't hear how high Geddy's voice really is, and it doesn't annoy them the same way."

"He's gotten better with time. As he's grown into his nose, he's grown into his voice."

"He's better looking as he's gotten older - as he's grown into his nose, he's grown into a voice that's easier to listen to - it's like a wine ripening."

"Guys love loving something that women aren't into so they'll have something of their own, kind of like their man cave."

Wow, that is comedy gold right there. :yes:

• Like 1

Can't dance to it. Simple as that.

I think the number one reason is *most* females prefer to be "excited" by lyrics, just look at evidence mostly in pop, but also rock. Aerosmith for example, Tyler is very "suggestive".

It all started with "swooning crooners" like Frank Sinatra. He excited the females. How about Elvis? Wow?

Then the Beatles weren't about the body languange as much as the lyrics. Mick jagger and the Stones... same thing very suggestive.

I think the females like a little (or maybe even a lot) of naughty with their music. :huh:

Anyone who thinks there's no "naughty" in Rush's music has never really watched Geddy play bass :LOL:

• Like 2

First and foremost, in my opinion, is we females like songs to be about us. We like to hear a guy sing about how much a girl has broken their heart, or how beautiful we are, or how intensely in love they are with us :) Or how fun we are to party with, or how our smexiness drives the guys crazy, etc. All very narcissistic.

I won't say I am "special" and above liking romantic songs. But, most certainly, unlike a lot of girls, I also like songs about "non-relationship" topics- science fiction, nature, philosophy, sociology etc. However, I am also prone to mis-interpretting Rush's lyrics - Even "By-Tor and the Snowdog" can be a boy/girl song :rose: :D

• Like 3

First and foremost, in my opinion, is we females like songs to be about us. We like to hear a guy sing about how much a girl has broken their heart, or how beautiful we are, or how intensely in love they are with us :) Or how fun we are to party with, or how our smexiness drives the guys crazy, etc. All very narcissistic.

I think you nailed it.

I think you nailed it.

Does everything get back to "nailing something" with you guys?

:P

Edited by Animate
  • Like 2

I think you nailed it.

Oh good lord, woman! I'm trying to compliment you on your ass-tute anal-ysis, and and you try to turn my statement into some kind of coitus-fest.

• Like 1

I think you nailed it.

Oh good lord, woman! I'm trying to compliment you on your ass-tute anal-ysis, and and you try to turn my statement into some kind of coitus-fest.

Coitus-fest? :huh:

Dude, you've been watching WAY too much Big Bang Theory lately. :P

• Like 1

Isn't it because the guys who were listening to Rush on a Saturday night were the ones who couldn't get a date for that same Saturday night?

Besides, Robert Plant was a golden god for women who came out on stage half-naked and sang about having endless sex. Rush came out in pajamas and sang about space travel. Case closed.

I think you nailed it.

But Ghost of a chance is about ME.

• Like 1

Speaking as someone who's been a fan since I was 14 and am of the female persuasion, I was and still am very attracted to the fact that Rush was *not* all about smutty stuff. The Rush song with the most objectifying lyrics is probably "In the Mood," and it's pretty tame (and singular in that focus within the Rush discography). I have always liked smart and interesting lyrics, references to science and literature, and stuff that makes me think, whether or not I agree with the point of view expressed. (And not that that kept me teenage me from dreaming up my own terribly smutty version of the lyrics to "Bastille Day"!)

I must beg to differ that one cannot dance to Rush. Indeed, as a synesthete (both music and time have shapes for me) and a retired dancer (ballet and modern dance), I find Rush's music much more appealing than much popular or rock music in its complex shapes, moods, and tempi. In fact, I am convinced that at least one member of the band is also a synesthete—I would love to ask them about that! Maybe it's true you can't just hop back and forth from foot to foot during a Rush song, but that ain't dancing!

I will say that my own teen daughter can't stand Rush, whereas my 20-year-old son is a fan. So maybe I'm an outlier. :P

• Like 5

I think you nailed it.

That's what you all say.

:sarcastic:

I think you nailed it.

That's what you all say.

:sarcastic:

:scratchescheekwithmiddlefinger:

• Like 1

Why do more women like Bon Jovi than men? :huh:

Why? Because he's hot looking, that's why! At the BJ show last Friday night in LA, I saw many more females than males...the exact opposite of Rush shows. You could tell that guys got dragged to the show by their lady....

Men are smarter

:outtahere:

(OK, lemme have it ladies. You know I love it!)

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/tumblr_mbwarimsWZ1qzgeemo1_500.gif

Ok, Lost needs to try jumping without the parachute and life support system in place....men smarter my ass!!! ;)

Okay, I'm only kidding about the jumping part!!!!! LOL!!!

• Like 1

I've always wondered why more of my female friends aren't into Rush. I do have a few, but most of them don't get it. One thing that comes to mind is that maybe more men are "technically minded" and can get into the intricacies of the music better than some women can?

Why do more women like Bon Jovi than men? :huh:

Why? Because he's hot looking, that's why! At the BJ show last Friday night in LA, I saw many more females than males...the exact opposite of Rush shows. You could tell that guys got dragged to the show by their lady....

"BJ show" - is it just me or does that just not sound right? :unsure: