Wait a minute! Dave Grohl was in Nirvana?

Lol either you are really dumb or you are ReRushed.

Dave Grohl owes most of his success to Kurt Cobain. The majority of Foo Fighters fans are just ex-Nirvana fans. They listen to the Foo Fighters because it helps them to feel closer to Kurt.

Not in my experience. I've met plenty of FF fans that don't care about Nirvana. They don't have a negative opinion of Nirvana but they clearly prefer FF and are indifferent towards Cobain. Plus, FF have had so many years of success. It's not like the first album was popular, sounded similar to Nirvana, and then they faded. Besides, many FF fans were still literally in diapers when Nirvana was big so your last two sentences again don't stand.

Allow me to prove JB's point here. I'm 18 today, love the Foo Fighters since I got into them via "These Days," and have never really been a fan of Nirvana, who are honestly one of my least favorite bands. I listen to the Foos because they rock hard, write good songs, and make me happy, and I owned at least three Foos records before I ever listened to a Nirvana record.

EDIT: maybe only two Foos records, I don't remember exactly.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

Dave Grohl owes most of his success to Kurt Cobain. The majority of Foo Fighters fans are just ex-Nirvana fans. They listen to the Foo Fighters because it helps them to feel closer to Kurt.

So you did a search and decided to revive a three year old dead thread just to say that?

Yeah, that makes sense.

People have said he's the only modern day rockstar, but with emphasis on the "star" part.

I kinda see where people are coming from with this, Foo Fighters is a relatively modern rock band that's pretty decent, and they're a household name in America. But he's not the only rockstar left, not by far.

People have said he's the only modern day rockstar, but with emphasis on the "star" part.

I kinda see where people are coming from with this, Foo Fighters is a relatively modern rock band that's pretty decent, and they're a household name in America. But he's not the only rockstar left, not by far.

So rock isn't dead?

• Like 1

So rock isn't dead?

Hahaha...I see what you did, there.

• Like 1

So rock isn't dead?

:clap:

It'll be entertaining to see fraroc explain himself out of this one. If he decides to respond, you know he will.

Edited by Mr. Not

So rock isn't dead?

Hahaha...I see what you did, there.

:LOL:

I think Dave is one of the few old school, learn your instrument and play your a$$ off rock musicians that's still under 60.
  • Like 1

So rock isn't dead?

Mainstream sense is debatable, but I really don't think it is as a whole.

Completely disagree. That might have been true in 1995 right out of the gate, but we're 21 years down the road from that. I suspect that there are vast numbers of Foos fans who dislike Nirvana and many younger fans who may not even know or care who they are.

• Like 1

So rock isn't dead?

Mainstream sense is debatable, but I really don't think it is as a whole.

Scandalous! You charlatan!!

Also to suggest (post from the first page) that Nirvana didn't have commercial inspirations, aspirations, or influences is absurd. There were a ton of catchy pop sensibilities in that band and Kurt embraced that.

I reject the notion that Foos are merely contrivance. Rubbish.

• Like 1