Clockwork Angels—Stock up or down?

Tombstone Mountain

Almost one year since the release of Clockwork Angels  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How has Clockwork Angels matured for you?

• Better than when I first got it, but still "meh" Stock down
    • It's a real disappointment—Stock Down
    • The album is among their very best efforts—Stock up
    • It's the best work they've done—period!!! Stock up waaay up

Much better than when I first got it, above meh but don't go grouping it with their best works, that's just being a silly billy. (So no options apply for me).

need to change my name to silly billy. AFTK, PeW, and CA—top of the Rush heap

I just don't get the OTT praise for it, when comparing it to much older works. That goes for any album post-GUP. But good for you.

Steevo—this album is nothing like the older works. It does contain a sense of fury reminiscent of the TB 70's era. Geddy's voice is so damn good on this...plus its 66 minutes of endless energy. In addition, the songs are so damn addictive, complex, groovy, trippy, metal, quirky, and fresh sounding. Thank you Booujzhe!!!

All that you can do is wish them well.

Much better than when I first got it, above meh but don't go grouping it with their best works, that's just being a silly billy. (So no options apply for me).

I just don't get the OTT praise for it, when comparing it to much older works. That goes for any album post-GUP. But good for you.

Steevo—this album is nothing like the older works. It does contain a sense of fury reminiscent of the TB 70's era. Geddy's voice is so damn good on this...plus its 66 minutes of endless energy. In addition, the songs are so damn addictive, complex, groovy, trippy, metal, quirky, and fresh sounding. Thank you Booujzhe!!!

Oh shock horror, I only find it average. Hardly a call to put that in, don't be daft.

• Like 1

Oh shock horror, I only find it average. Hardly a call to put that in, don't be daft.

http://i.qkme.me/3q1hjc.jpg

http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gifhttp://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

• Like 2

Daft is what we do here Steevo. Would you be so kind to explain why this record is "average"? Just curious...

I did not listen to the album for a few weeks, purposely. After listening last night I would have to say that I like it more than before and I liked it a lot before. The songs that I really liked I liked even more and the songs that I was not crazy about I found myself liking. I would have to say this is amongst their best albums.
  • Like 4

I did not listen to the album for a few weeks, purposely. After listening last night I would have to say that I like it more than before and I liked it a lot before. The songs that I really liked I liked even more and the songs that I was not crazy about I found myself liking. I would have to say this is amongst their best albums.

Quite rare to see a snowdog in these parts...normally captioning images. I have to admit the one song that I had to grow into was "The Wrecker's". It builds into a cinematic climax for me now. Couldn't see it then, but now I love it.

Thanks for your 2 cents Snowdude

• Like 3

Nice!

• Like 2

Listened end-to-end today after I took an album break of several weeks (random songs here and there).

Still #1 for me and a wonderful listen. Stock is still way up. :ebert:

• Like 3

Quite rare to see a snowdog in these parts...normally captioning images. I have to admit the one song that I had to grow into was "The Wrecker's". It builds into a cinematic climax for me now. Couldn't see it then, but now I love it.

Thanks for your 2 cents Snowdude

The one song that has moved the most for me has been 7COG. Its has such an infectious intro and a hard pounding groove. The song really rocks live too. One of the best CA songs on tour besides the Anarchist & Carnies.

:haz: :rush: :haz:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 2

Headlong Flight came up on my Ipod shuffle... And it sounds just as incredible as it did last May.
  • Like 3

Amazing album and it is ranking up there with some of there very best work ever.

I still listen to it a lot. The tour last year amped it up even more. The stuff sounded even better live.

April 26th and 28th can't get here soon enough.

I'll be joining you for both there Todem!

:dweez: :chickendance: :dweez:

Amazing album and it is ranking up there with some of there very best work ever.

I still listen to it a lot. The tour last year amped it up even more. The stuff sounded even better live.

April 26th and 28th can't get here soon enough.

I'll be joining you for both there Todem!

:dweez: :chickendance: :dweez:

I'll be rockin right along with you guys on the 28th!

:7up:

• Like 1

My favorite album they've ever done. There's just way too much "good" in the whole project for anything else to beat it. My top 5 rush Albums sure are a strange list lol

1. Clcokwork Angels

2. Permanent Waves

3. Power Windows

4. Hemispheres

5. Snakes and Arrows

• Like 2

My favorite album they've ever done. There's just way too much "good" in the whole project for anything else to beat it. My top 5 rush Albums sure are a strange list lol

1. Clcokwork Angels

2. Permanent Waves

3. Power Windows

4. Hemispheres

5. Snakes and Arrows

I can think of much stranger lists. I think yours is a good one. :cheers:

1. Clcokwork Angels

2. Permanent Waves

3. Power Windows

4. Hemispheres

5. Snakes and Arrows

I can think of much stranger lists. I think yours is a good one. :cheers:

It's almost mine but not necessarily in that order, and swap Grace Under Pressure for Power Windows.

• Like 1

Here was something that came to mind recently—What song(s) from Clockwork Angels is "definitive" Rush? What song(s) ranks as all time greats in the bands catalog? To me four make that list: title track, SCOG, HF, and The Garden. Which ones do you put on the all time great list?
  • Like 1

Here was something that came to mind recently—What song(s) from Clockwork Angels is "definitive" Rush? What song(s) ranks as all time greats in the bands catalog? To me four make that list: title track, SCOG, HF, and The Garden. Which ones do you put on the all time great list?

Definitely Caravan. I probably like SCOG and The Garden more, but Caravan is classic Rush. Also, it was a moderately popular single and played on the TM (greatest hits) tour, so it will likely get the most lasting recognition.

• Like 1

Definitely Caravan. I probably like SCOG and The Garden more, but Caravan is classic Rush. Also, it was a moderately popular single and played on the TM (greatest hits) tour, so it will likely get the most lasting recognition.

Damn this is hard to do because really all the songs are good to great to awesome IMO. It's cool that you put SCOG—it's so unlike any other song they've written. I already need to make an addendum to my list—thanks Tommy!

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

Will I don't hate it, don't love it. There's some real gems on there.....but to me it's just.....there. if that makes sense. Like in the Rush discography......this is an album.

Mick

I liked it more when it first came out, but still enjoy many of the songs. I don't put it on that often, but when I do i listen to the title track, BU2B, Seven Cities. Rarely listen to the whole thing.

For me it doesn't merit the gushing praise it gets here.

Damn this is hard to do because really all the songs are good to great to awesome IMO. It's cool that you put SCOG—it's so unlike any other song they've written. I already need to make an addendum to my list—thanks Tommy!

There are about 8 on mine: Caravan, BU2B, The Anarchist, Clockwork Angels, Headlong Flight, 7COG, The Wreckers & The Garden. Even Halo Effect might make it since its a lot like the child of (Working Them Angels & Closer to the Heart)! I haven't been this excited about a RUSH album since Grace under Pressure and CA is better than that by miles. :finbar:

:haz: :rush: :haz:

Hell!

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1