Clockwork Angels—Stock up or down?

Tombstone Mountain

Almost one year since the release of Clockwork Angels  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How has Clockwork Angels matured for you?

• Better than when I first got it, but still "meh" Stock down
    • It's a real disappointment—Stock Down
    • The album is among their very best efforts—Stock up
    • It's the best work they've done—period!!! Stock up waaay up

It did take me a while to get into the album, now I am really loving it. I do agree that it is a tough listen in the car, its so heavy its tough to pick out the little parts. One of my small gripes about the album is that I feel on some songs, you really have to strain to hear what the words are, I think it is just tough for geddy at this age.

Overall I listen to it a lot, for a while it was probably in my bottom 5 rush albums but now it is definitely middle, maybe even top 10.

I also thought reading the book helped me get into the album as well. Its not a phenomenal book, but I really enjoyed it. That type of story (light, fiction, adventure) is really the type of story that I enjoy reading, which is probably why I liked it so much, but I could definitely see why many were not big fans

Overall I really love the album it has aged well for me

on this album Ged does let it all hang out vocally. I wish there was a documentary on the making of this album....people would buy it I think.

It did take me a while to get into the album, now I am really loving it. I do agree that it is a tough listen in the car, its so heavy its tough to pick out the little parts. One of my small gripes about the album is that I feel on some songs, you really have to strain to hear what the words are, I think it is just tough for geddy at this age.

Overall I listen to it a lot, for a while it was probably in my bottom 5 rush albums but now it is definitely middle, maybe even top 10.

I also thought reading the book helped me get into the album as well. Its not a phenomenal book, but I really enjoyed it. That type of story (light, fiction, adventure) is really the type of story that I enjoy reading, which is probably why I liked it so much, but I could definitely see why many were not big fans

Overall I really love the album it has aged well for me

on this album Ged does let it all hang out vocally. I wish there was a documentary on the making of this album....people would buy it I think.

They have one for S&A. They have to have one for this. I would love to see the recording of the piano and strings portions.

• Like 1

I fell in love with CA from the first listen and get so pumped up when I hear it, I don't seem to have a problem listening to it while driving as others stated. In fact it is a great road album, I listened last fall on a trip over Thanksgiving and it kept me awake and revved up. I just think the concept and the music mesh together so well, it is a favorite of mine now more than ever. I can't stop thinking big :D-13: :sundog: Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Much better than when I first got it, above meh but don't go grouping it with their best works, that's just being a silly billy. (So no options apply for me).

need to change my name to silly billy. AFTK, PeW, and CA—top of the Rush heap

Putting this album on my iPod and listening to it while at the gym made my butt and thighs much smaller, nuff' said.
  • Like 2

Putting this album on my iPod and listening to it while at the gym made my butt and thighs much smaller, nuff' said.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Ok let me add some more detail regarding that.

That all happened before my honeymoon, before we ordered room service and ate nothing but carbs.

Looks like I'll be listening to a lot more Clockwork Angles soon *le sigh*

• Like 1

But The Garden still SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

False.

The Garden is a great, great song. One of, if not the most poignant and moving in the Rush canon.

And do your potential TRF prom dates know how you feel about this song?

• Like 1

False.

The Garden is a great, great song. One of, if not the most poignant and moving in the Rush canon.

Yeah consider my application WITHDRAWN!

• Like 1

That all happened before my honeymoon, before we ordered room service and ate nothing but carbs.

So yer sayin' they got much larger again?

• Like 1

False.

Yeah consider my application WITHDRAWN!

Damn both of you!!!!!

• Like 2

:|

• Like 1

Dats ok! We'll help you get back in game shape,

• Like 1

I'm going to the RRHOF Induction as a fatty fatterson!

:hotdog: :pizza: :burger: :bacon: :d13: :d13: :d13: :d13: :d13: :d13:

• Like 1

I'm going to the RRHOF Induction as a fatty fatterson!

:hotdog: :pizza: :burger: :bacon: :d13: :d13: :d13: :d13: :d13: :d13:

I would, too, if I were going. So I'll just have to be a fatty fatterson at home.

:sigh:

Edited by Sheldon Cooper
  • Like 1

Much better than when I first got it, above meh but don't go grouping it with their best works, that's just being a silly billy. (So no options apply for me).

I just don't get the OTT praise for it, when comparing it to much older works. That goes for any album post-GUP. But good for you.

• Like 1

I just don't get the OTT praise for it, when comparing it to much older works. That goes for any album post-GUP. But good for you.

It's not OTT. It's how people feel!

• Like 2

Steevo—this album is nothing like the older works. It does contain a sense of fury reminiscent of the TB 70's era. Geddy's voice is so damn good on this...plus its 66 minutes of endless energy. In addition, the songs are so damn addictive, complex, groovy, trippy, metal, quirky, and fresh sounding. Thank you Booujzhe!!!
  • Like 2