It's official - they're in the RRHoF

Jag2112

As happy as I am that Rush is (finally) in, I can help notice and be soured by the usual WTFery of the Hall agin this year... What body in their right mind controlling the ROCK AND ROLL Hall of Fame passes over Deep Purple for Public Enemy!

I'm ecstatic for Rush, but my opinion of the Hall itself has not changed..

As far as Im concerned the governing body there can (fittingly) .... BURN!

Point very well taken, and bonus points for "WTFery." ;)

The weirdo thing is it seems to be, from what I read, kind of like a thing to only vote for one of any certain sub-genre in a given year, which is completely f*cked up IMHO. Obviously Deep Purple deserved to be in the ROCK AND ROLL hall of fame more than Public Enemy. I'm not putting down Public Enemy who were revolutionary rap artists, and did incorporate SOME rock, but still.

Why Deep Purple weren't put in over a decade ago is a mystery - does anyone learning rock guitar not know the riff to Smoke on the Water? And that's not even mentioning Highway Star, Space Truckin', Woman From Tokyo, Hush, Child In TIme, Kentucky Woman, Strange Kind of Woman, Burn, Stormbringer, Chasing Shadows, etc.

I was wondering the same thing.

Not a huge deal for me, but just ike the band, I am very happy for those fans that really wanted to see this happen. They will no doubt accept this with their usual quiet charm and self-depracating humor; and in the end, THAT is another huge reason I love this band. More than willing to share my favorite band of the last nearly 40 years with the rest of the world - good for all.

Geeks and Proggers unite! Yahoo for the army of Rush fans!

Good times. Cheers!

It's cool, at least the debate is over now. But I doubt their display at the hall is gonna inspire anybody who's not a fan to check them out once they see it. Nice to see Heart get in to, but Flavor Flav gets in the hall before Deep Purple? What the frakk?

I understand the "snub the RRHOF" fans, but I don't agree. This is still an honor, no matter how shitty Donna Summers or any of the other inductees is. And the more people I can share Rush with, the happier I am.

I understand the "snub the RRHOF" fans, but I don't agree. This is still an honor, no matter how shitty Donna Summers or any of the other inductees is. And the more people I can share Rush with, the happier I am.

I actually think that Donna Summers was as deserving as any nominee. She was more than just disco and hated the label cause she has said that she was rock in her heart so to say. She also had the techno "I feel love" which influenced performers like Blondie, Pat Benatar.

Edited by calirush

All this on 12/11/12 !!! :sundog:

You know, the only reason they got voted in was that the RRHOF knew the world's gonna end in ten days so they STILL won't have to actually induct them (or worse yet in their eyes) actually have to listen to them play...

I for one am TOTALLY stoked! Yeah!!!!!

Sorry, cynics. Sorry, "I don't WANT them in the Hall" Rush fans!

Why Sorry? Them getting in doesn't change the fact the hall is garbage :LOL:

You realize that when you piss on the RRHOF you're now pissing the meaning and importance of their induction.

So, the nerds get invited to the cool peoples' party. Do they give the cool kids the finger and refuse to go? Or, do they enter the talent show and rock the place to the ground?

Geddy sounded genuinely stoked in the statement he made, his mother was happy for them. How dare any fan shit on the moment by belittling it.

I'm sure Geddy and Alex will still mock Abba in private. The way I see it, visitors will walk past the Madonna and Abba displays, shaking their heads and smirking. But when they reach the RUSH display, real rockers will stop and acknowledge true greatness.

Not too stoked about the hall nod at all, part of me wishes that Janny and the rest of the self appointed dopes on the nomination comittee contimued to snub our heros from the North because now we have to deal with the fact that we have warped into the "mainstream", not sure which is worse!

Not too stoked about the hall nod at all, part of me wishes that Janny and the rest of the self appointed dopes on the nomination comittee contimued to snub our heros from the North because now we have to deal with the fact that we have warped into the "mainstream", not sure which is worse!

Getting into the Hall doesn't immediately throw you into "mainstream" status; only your music can do that.

When Patti Smith was inducted, did she become "mainstream"? How about the Sex Pistols? Laura Nyro was inducted and I still don't know who the hell she is, so how mainstream could she be?

We rule man

Does this mean we are part of the "In" crowd now?

Talk about timing-Tuesday evening I got to see "The Hobbit" and all the references to Rivendell and The Necromancer for about 2 3/4 hours. Then, voila, the next news I hear is Rush is in the RRHOF. Of course, never having read the Tolkien books, I said "hey, was the author listening to RUSH as he wrote this???" ;)

We rule man

Does this mean we are part of the "In" crowd now?

Maybe. Geek Culture has become more widespread and accepted, so maybe the IN CROWD has come to us. ; )