It's official - they're in the RRHoF

Jag2112

While I'm a member of the "I don't care" club, I'm happy about this for two reasons. First, it gives them credibility and visibility to everyone else who may visit the HOF and or care about this kind of thing, and second, if Rush is happy about this then I am very happy for Rush.

So.. HUGE Congrats! :cheers:

I couldn't agree more. :yes:

Now I'm going to listen to One Little Victory to celebrate. :haz:

I don't feel any different. Get KISS and a few others then maybe.

We know you're over there cranking Clockwork Angels and doing the happy dance.

CA is cranked without my help thanks to the production "quality" but I am happy for other fans and the band. One step in the right direction is not exactly walking on the right path yet. Deep Purple should have gone in too. Then we can talk KISS, Genesis, and others and perhaps the place won;t be a complete joke.

I couldn't agree more about Deep Purple.

You realize that Genesis is already in.

I have one good reason to be happy that Rush is in the RRHOF. Didn't Jann Wenner state that Rush would never enter the HOF if he had anything to say about it? If that is indeed the case, I hope seeing Rush inducted is a big tasty shit sandwich for Mr. Wenner to eat. :)

CA is cranked without my help thanks to the production "quality" but I am happy for other fans and the band. One step in the right direction is not exactly walking on the right path yet. Deep Purple should have gone in too. Then we can talk KISS, Genesis, and others and perhaps the place won;t be a complete joke.

I guess not. I obviously don't care about the RRHOF much myself.

I'm thinking the only reason Genesis got in when they did was because they abandoned their prog roots and became a Rolling Stone-friendly Phil Collins-led pop band

I'm thinking the only reason Genesis got in when they did was because they abandoned their prog roots and became a Rolling Stone-friendly Phil Collins-led pop band

Agreed - they certainly didn't get in because of their Gabriel-era material, even though that's what should have gotten them inducted. Regardless of it being for the wrong reasons, I'm glad they're in. :yes:

Watch, half the folks here happy about it were the same folks saying "Who gives a shit? Who needs 'em??" a year ago...four years ago, etc.

Now everyone's happy. :facepalm:

If that :facepalm: was for your post, good job scoping it out in advance :D

"It made my mom happy, so that's worth it.", Geddy Lee tells Rolling Stone. :clap: :hail: :rush:

How classy is that guy? :LOL: :wub:

That's easily my favourite part of this whole ordeal. I can't picture a better way to say "zero f**ks given".

• Like 1

It’s been a long haul for Rush fans, who have waited since 1998 for the rockers to even be considered for the Hall of Fame. Musical acts must have a 25-year track record to qualify.

A staple of classic rock radio and an enormously influential band, Rush was never among those put forward in a long list created annually by a group of musical experts, headed by Rolling Stone magazine co-founder Jann Wenner.

But this year, fans were allowed to have a say in the voting process and that may have figured in Rush’s inclusion.

The band released a statement Tuesday saying they are “honoured to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.”

“The three of us are especially appreciative of our loyal fans whose support and dedication has gone a long way to making this possible.

P.S. And special thanks to our moms for voting 6,000 times!” said the statement signed by Alex Lifeson, Geddy Lee and Neil Peart.

Lifeson, 59, the guitarist for Rush, was willing to overlook the long wait.

"First of all, it's all water under the bridge and it was a very tiny bridge," he said in a phone interview from his home in Toronto. "I think our fans are more upset than we were because they feel a real bond to this band and it's been an important part of their lives in some form, and to be snubbed was snubbing them at the same time."

“Perhaps there were times when I thought if this ever happens I'm not going to bother going, or who cares or whatever, but at the end of the day positive karma is an important thing and this is an important thing to a lot of our fans and people we know."

Well it is about time, isn't it? Yes it is. :rush:

"It made my mom happy, so that's worth it.", Geddy Lee tells Rolling Stone. :clap: :hail: :rush:

How classy is that guy? :LOL: :wub:

That's easily my favourite part of this whole ordeal. I can't picture a better way to say "zero f**ks given".

I'm sure it means something to each of them, and for that reason, I'm glad for the boys. It's always nice to have your life's work highly regarded publicly. Here's to RUSH! :cheers:

From the comments in the Washington Post article...

Rush is perhaps the most over-rated band in rock, not because they aren't good, but because their fans are the most ridiculously neo-libertarian closeted geeks in the world who wouldn't know good non-self-indulgent music if someone smashed a guitar on their head.

:)

Rush is perhaps the most over-rated band in rock, not because they aren't good, but because their fans are the most ridiculously neo-libertarian closeted geeks in the world who wouldn't know good non-self-indulgent music if someone smashed a guitar on their head.

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

And some positive comments posted as well, including...

Rush's induction also presents a unique situation for recognition of Neil Peart, who is basically the Jimi Hendrix of rock drumming. It's not often that the near consensus 'best of all time' at a given instrument goes into the Rock Hall of Fame.

It'll be interesting to see the reception they get....See More

Edited by goose

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

More..

Rush has always been under the false assumption that technical proficiency is all that matters in rock and roll. What they will never realize is that rock and roll is about your soul. Take a listen to the July 1954, Elvis Presley recording of "That's All Right (Mama)" recorded at Sun Studio in Memphis, that was an out take and it became the sonic boom that create rock and roll. Elvis exhibited more rock and roll in those 1:57 than Rush has in their entire careers. As John Lennon said, "Before Elvis, there was nothing." Rush can keep practicing, Elvis only new three chords and that was plenty....See More

User IP:

Why do so many of you claim that the rrhof haters are just acting? The band themselves don't care so why is it such a stretch that some fans don't care either?? Do a little more reading on the rrhof and you might also realize what a joke it is.

For me I think it's cool they got in but I really don't care that much.. I'll watch the ceremonies like any other time the band is on tv but it really doesn't change my feelings on the rrhof at all. In some ways I think even less of the hall now because they just did a 180 and why? Because it's fashionable to like Rush now? Lame.

Anyways, not trying to rain on anyone's parade here lol

As happy as I am that Rush is (finally) in, I can help notice and be soured by the usual WTFery of the Hall agin this year... What body in their right mind controlling the ROCK AND ROLL Hall of Fame passes over Deep Purple for Public Enemy!

I'm ecstatic for Rush, but my opinion of the Hall itself has not changed..

As far as Im concerned the governing body there can (fittingly) .... BURN!

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read.

As happy as I am that Rush is (finally) in, I can help notice and be soured by the usual WTFery of the Hall agin this year... What body in their right mind controlling the ROCK AND ROLL Hall of Fame passes over Deep Purple for Public Enemy!

I'm ecstatic for Rush, but my opinion of the Hall itself has not changed..

As far as Im concerned the governing body there can (fittingly) .... BURN!

Point very well taken, and bonus points for "WTFery." ;)

The weirdo thing is it seems to be, from what I read, kind of like a thing to only vote for one of any certain sub-genre in a given year, which is completely f*cked up IMHO. Obviously Deep Purple deserved to be in the ROCK AND ROLL hall of fame more than Public Enemy. I'm not putting down Public Enemy who were revolutionary rap artists, and did incorporate SOME rock, but still.

Why Deep Purple weren't put in over a decade ago is a mystery - does anyone learning rock guitar not know the riff to Smoke on the Water? And that's not even mentioning Highway Star, Space Truckin', Woman From Tokyo, Hush, Child In TIme, Kentucky Woman, Strange Kind of Woman, Burn, Stormbringer, Chasing Shadows, etc.

Edited by rushgoober

I've been wondering if they were going to have a bunch of witty backhanded doubled edged comments like this lined up for the press. This quote is awesome. Can't wait for the interviews to come our over this award.. They'll address the snub. Very subtly Though..