Another North American Tour Leg in 2013?

Principled Man

I'm sure it's been asked before, so one more time won't hurt..... laugh.gif

Any word of their playing more dates in the U.S. after they play Europe?

confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (dayglow76 @ Sep 25 2012, 08:10 PM)
Yes.they always do 2 legs for a new album tour. Alex stated that if they played CA in it's entirety it wouldn't be until the 2nd leg.

Awesome! Thanks.....new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

They pretty much play all of the new album now... laugh.gif

Yes.they always do 2 legs for a new album tour. Alex stated that if they played CA in it's entirety it wouldn't be until the 2nd leg.

I think we can safely say, Alex is the most unreliable source for rumors and spoilers.

In the Guitar Player article, he says they'll continue to play Camera Eye on this tour...

????

Durp.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Sep 26 2012, 02:54 PM)

I think we can safely say, Alex is the most unreliable source for rumors and spoilers.

In the Guitar Player article, he says they'll continue to play Camera Eye on this tour...

????

Durp.

To be fair, that was said during rehearsals. It probably was trimmed for time, probably to Alex's dismay.

As to the OP's question, I hope so. I put off going to see them for this leg because of financial reasons and also that they are performing too far from me.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Sep 26 2012, 03:54 PM)

????

Durp.

laugh.gif

I automatically don't believe anything Alex says no.gif

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Sep 26 2012, 02:54 PM)

????

Durp.

He also said they would be playing Jacobs Ladder on the Time Machine Tour. Dude knows how to sell tickets. doh.gif

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Sep 26 2012, 04:16 PM)
Isn't the "2nd leg" going to be the European tour?

No, that's the European leg of the tour. It's only called a second leg if they tour the same area during the same tour cycle. Example: The first leg of the North American TMT was in 2010 and the second was in 2011.

The last few tours have had two North American legs so I don't see why this one would be any different unless tickets sales are too low. Otherwise they should be around again next year.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 27 2012, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Sep 26 2012, 04:16 PM)
Isn't the "2nd leg" going to be the European tour?

No, that's the European leg of the tour. It's only called a second leg if they tour the same area during the same tour cycle. Example: The first leg of the North American TMT was in 2010 and the second was in 2011.

The last few tours have had two North American legs so I don't see why this one would be any different unless tickets sales are too low. Otherwise they should be around again next year.

...and there*have* been low ticket sales this leg correct? at least thats what it sounds like from the reports we've got of empty seats and people being moved down sections (ie pittsburgh).

Still there should be something next year.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 27 2012, 12:19 PM)
As long as they include South Florida!

yes.gif

i was suprised they are playing Tampa and not WPB or Sunrise? The Florida shows always sell well, always meet people from all over including the UK here in Tampa. S.Fla must be on next years leg

QUOTE (zac2112 @ Sep 27 2012, 12:30 PM)

yes.gif

i was suprised they are playing Tampa and not WPB or Sunrise? The Florida shows always sell well, always meet people from all over including the UK here in Tampa. S.Fla must be on next years leg

Well the opening show of the 2nd Leg of TTMT in Sunrise didn't sell that well. I think that the reason they bi-passed it this time. Maybe they felt they visited the area too much as of late.

confused13.gif

Regardless, I hope they come back for the 2nd leg of thid tour with a whole new revised setlist.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 27 2012, 12:40 PM)

yes.gif

Well the opening show of the 2nd Leg of TTMT in Sunrise didn't sell that well. I think that the reason they bi-passed it this time. Maybe they felt they visited the area too much as of late.

confused13.gif

Regardless, I hope they come back for the 2nd leg of thid tour with a whole new revised setlist.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I thought i had heard otherwise, Tampa is always packed. I personally would much rather see them outdoors even though the weather can obviously interfere, stadiums are built for Hockey, and BBall not rock concerts, accoustics not near as good.

I think another factor in repeating cities is the venue. I live in St. Louis and they played at Scottrade Center. I went with some friends so I got nosebleed's (at least I was there). Anyway, the highest tickets at Scottrade with all costs considered (convenience fee, ect.) turned out to be around $50 a ticket.

Whenever they play the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater they lawn seats are $35 generally, and you can get way better seats than what I had at Scottrade for $50. So price and venue plays a large role. I know a few people that skipped out due to this. So in theory if they play different venues they can make more money and make it plausible to repeat cities.

I would go see the CA Tour a third time if the song selection was drastically changed. I have attended one show already with another one is on the docket. Still contemplating selling the Buffalo ticket to a good friend (3rd row).

2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 27 2012, 01:40 PM)

yes.gif

confused13.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I agree .. I know some people like to go to multiple shows on a tour but not me , I want setlist changes .

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 27 2012, 01:40 PM)

yes.gif

confused13.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

yes.gif

goodpost.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (maxeystcharles @ Sep 27 2012, 02:48 PM)
I think another factor in repeating cities is the venue. I live in St. Louis and they played at Scottrade Center. I went with some friends so I got nosebleed's (at least I was there). Anyway, the highest tickets at Scottrade with all costs considered (convenience fee, ect.) turned out to be around $50 a ticket.

Whenever they play the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater they lawn seats are $35 generally, and you can get way better seats than what I had at Scottrade for $50. So price and venue plays a large role. I know a few people that skipped out due to this. So in theory if they play different venues they can make more money and make it plausible to repeat cities.

Just saw Jason Aldean at the verizon in st.louis a couple weeks ago and the sound was incredible! the traffic in and out of that venue however completely blows!

Dont know how old you are but if you remember the old St.Louis checkerdome? saw my first Rush show there, Signals tour!

When they do a second leg they better play in Vancouver, Calgary & Edmonton. I'd hit up all of them and even splurge on a V.I.P package for one of the shows. I'm going to start saving up for the second leg after sunday just in case this does happen.