The Watchmaker

losingit2k

Do you feel that CA would have benefited from an Instrumental or Song called The Watchmaker  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel that CA would have benefited from an Instrumental or Song called The Watchmaker

• An Instrumental Called the Watchmaker
    • A song called the Watchmaker
    • An Epic called the Watchmaker
    • Nothing at all, CA is perfect the way it is

I went with an Instrumental Called the Watchmaker. It seems like every main charatcer in the book has its own song except the Watchmaker. Besides, I think the album would have benefited from an instrumental.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

How about "I don't know" or "maybe"? I really have no idea..... confused13.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Sep 20 2012, 09:47 PM)
BU2B covers the Watchmaker so well that there was a raging discussion on this forum about whether or not Neil was talking about God.

I disagree. BU2B only touches the belief system in place not the actual Watchmaker as a person, As the Peddlar, As knowledgable Alchemist. Its from Owen Hardy's point of view concerning the belief system in place. What He was "brought up to Belief".

wink.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 21 2012, 07:58 AM)
Clockwork Angels is 66 minutes long, full of incredible songs--but I want more...let's put in the epic "Tools of the Watchmaker".

1022.gif

You know what would be really cool, if for the second leg they would just write the whole new song The Watchmaker: (Epic, Song, instrumental) what ever, and just play it live. Release it as a live song with no studio version of it at all, That would surprise the hell out of everyone at the shows.

ohmy.gif

I think it would have been cool to have an instrumental called The Watchmaker. Not that the lack of any instrumental dampens my love for the album. Hey, more Rush? Hell yeah! 1022.gif

How is an instrumental going to describe the Watchmaker better for you? Plus, the whole entire album is an epic three times the size of Fountain of Lamnenth, 2112, and Hemispheres. You're asking for way too much IMO. The album is just fine.

Maybe BU2B2 could be replaced with an instrumental, but I don't really mind. It's a fantastic resting song after the beast that is Headlong Flight.

I think CA tells a very good story without it. The novel was meant to expand on what was presented on the album. Nothing needs to be changed. After all, we did get an excellent Rush concept album.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 21 2012, 03:08 AM)
How about "I don't know" or "maybe"? I really have no idea..... confused13.gif

This is what I would go with as well. I thought he was covered pretty well with BU2B.

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Sep 22 2012, 02:35 PM)
I think often about it... maybe it's too long for another song wink.gif

Well, here it is the lost instrumental (The Watchmaker) from the Epic Double Rainbow Masterpiece - Clockwork Angels:

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Here are these three wonderfully talented musicians, now in their sixties, who release an album that is widely considered to be a truly monumental rock album with lasting appeal beyond the fanbase and even the genre, and you fools are sitting around talking about how you might have done it better. Really.

So what, there is no instrumental. As a standard formulaic album component for many rock bands, the instrumental has outlived it's usefulness. It just isn't needed when you have expansive and complex songs like The Garden with wonderful long soliloquies where Alex and Geddy get their groove on and play around within the wider musical patterning.

I for one believe that the absence of the instrumental track on this album helps it maintain the force and depth of delivery that make it an instant classic while also making it somewhat more accessible to the less Rush-loving wider public. They are Rush, and none of you could improve on it.

QUOTE (gorinosho @ Sep 23 2012, 07:34 AM)
Here are these three wonderfully talented musicians, now in their sixties, who release an album that is widely considered to be a truly monumental rock album with lasting appeal beyond the fanbase and even the genre, and you fools are sitting around talking about how you might have done it better. Really.

So what, there is no instrumental. As a standard formulaic album component for many rock bands, the instrumental has outlived it's usefulness. It just isn't needed when you have expansive and complex songs like The Garden with wonderful long soliloquies where Alex and Geddy get their groove on and play around within the wider musical patterning.

I for one believe that the absence of the instrumental track on this album helps it maintain the force and depth of delivery that make it an instant classic while also making it somewhat more accessible to the less Rush-loving wider public. They are Rush, and none of you could improve on it.

Its just too easy!

cool.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 23 2012, 06:01 AM)
You are trying too hard.

Actually I'm not. I'm just bored. And when I'm bored I create stuff. Unlike some people that enjoy pissing everyone off when they don't get the songs they expected on the opening night setlist. Sorry TonyR the 70's are long gone!

wink.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 23 2012, 02:50 PM)
You are trying too hard.

Actually I'm not. I'm just bored. And when I'm bored I create stuff. Unlike some people that enjoy pissing everyone off when they don't get the songs they expected on the opening night setlist. Sorry TonyR the 70's are long gone!

wink.gif

Non sequitur. Look it up.

There's something I've picked up over the years (yeah I know, there's antibiotics for that) is that messageboard people who think they are funny are often the most crashing bores on earth.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 23 2012, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 23 2012, 02:50 PM)
You are trying too hard.

wink.gif

Non sequitur. Look it up.

There's something I've picked up over the years (yeah I know, there's antibiotics for that) is that messageboard people who think they are funny are often the most crashing bores on earth.

There are many definitions and usage for non-sequitur? I don't follow yours, so maybe you should get some anitbiotics for that condition?

As for humour, its all speculative. What's funny to you, may not be funny to others, just like RUSH's opening videos.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 23 2012, 09:50 AM)
You are trying too hard.

wink.gif

So you killed 5 minutes by making that mashup? tongue.gif

Might I make a recommendation? Use short samples from dubstep and some more obscure rock songs. Throw in some autotuned lyrics about partying or love/sex, Publish it and make money. BOOM! You're a multi million dollar pop artist.

Edited by USB Connector