The Watchmaker

losingit2k

Do you feel that CA would have benefited from an Instrumental or Song called The Watchmaker  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel that CA would have benefited from an Instrumental or Song called The Watchmaker

• An Instrumental Called the Watchmaker
    • A song called the Watchmaker
    • An Epic called the Watchmaker
    • Nothing at all, CA is perfect the way it is

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 23 2012, 02:04 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 23 2012, 09:50 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 23 2012, 06:01 AM)
You are trying too hard.

Actually I'm not. I'm just bored. And when I'm bored I create stuff. Unlike some people that enjoy pissing everyone off when they don't get the songs they expected on the opening night setlist. Sorry TonyR the 70's are long gone!

wink.gif

So you killed 5 minutes by making that mashup? tongue.gif

Might I make a recommendation? Use short samples from dubstep and some more obscure rock songs. Throw in some autotuned lyrics about partying or love/sex, Publish it and make money. BOOM! You're a multi million dollar pop artist.

Well more like 15 minutes, I had to pull the songs off the cds, and copy paste as i went along and download the whole stupid thing to Youtube.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ Sep 23 2012, 08:43 PM)
Eh, the first minute and a half or so of the Anarchist is almost a mini-instrumental in itself... good enough for me. wink.gif

Well, if its good enough for you. That settles it then!

sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (gorinosho @ Sep 23 2012, 07:34 AM)
Here are these three wonderfully talented musicians, now in their sixties, who release an album that is widely considered to be a truly monumental rock album with lasting appeal beyond the fanbase and even the genre, and you fools are sitting around talking about how you might have done it better. Really.

So what, there is no instrumental. As a standard formulaic album component for many rock bands, the instrumental has outlived it's usefulness. It just isn't needed when you have expansive and complex songs like The Garden with wonderful long soliloquies where Alex and Geddy get their groove on and play around within the wider musical patterning.

I for one believe that the absence of the instrumental track on this album helps it maintain the force and depth of delivery that make it an instant classic while also making it somewhat more accessible to the less Rush-loving wider public. They are Rush, and none of you could improve on it.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (professornutbudder @ Sep 23 2012, 09:27 PM)
QUOTE (gorinosho @ Sep 23 2012, 07:34 AM)
Here are these three wonderfully talented musicians, now in their sixties, who release an album that is widely considered to be a truly monumental rock album with lasting appeal beyond the fanbase and even the genre, and you fools are sitting around talking about how you might have done it better. Really.

So what, there is no instrumental. As a standard formulaic album  component for many rock bands, the instrumental has outlived it's usefulness. It just isn't needed when you have expansive and complex songs like The Garden with wonderful long soliloquies where Alex and Geddy get their groove on and play around within the wider musical patterning.

I for one believe that the absence of the instrumental track on this album helps it maintain the force and depth of delivery that make it an instant classic while also making it somewhat more accessible to the less Rush-loving wider public. They are Rush, and none of you could improve on it.

goodpost.gif

goodpost.gif

Well put. As you say, the "instrumentals" are embedded, which really is better in the end.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 23 2012, 08:50 AM)
You are trying too hard.

Actually I'm not. I'm just bored. And when I'm bored I create stuff.

wink.gif

Never stop being creative my man. I know exactly what you're going through. Your creative ability will keep you young trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 25 2012, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 23 2012, 08:50 AM)
You are trying too hard.

Actually I'm not. I'm just bored. And when I'm bored I create stuff.

wink.gif

Never stop being creative my man. I know exactly what you're going through. Your creative ability will keep you young trink39.gif

Only in Spirit! Sir! Only in Spirit!

old.gif schla03.gif old.gif