Blind Worshipers

rayrushray

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting really old....really fast.

I dont get why some people cant understand that there are people that got into Rush during the synth period of the 80's or the hard rock of the 90's or 00's. I know people that say their fav records are PW and HYF! If you saw the doc you'll notice Billy Corgan appreciated all eras of Rush and mentioned that all of them are equally as important. Mike Portnoy and Tim from Rage on the other hand said they didnt like the 80's synth period but they didnt say that Rush fans or Billy Corgan were blind worshipers or whatnot for liking it. They are just smart enough to understand that they dont like it because it just doesn't suit their particular tastes. I dont see them here complaining about the setlist and Mike Portnoy is always seen at a Rush concert or 2 every tour despite Rush not playing stuff from his fav era exclusively. Is he a blind worshiper too for enjoying himself at a Rush concert?!

Why is it that some people have the arrogance to assume that because they dont like it it's 100% absolute fact that it's no good and anyone that likes it is a "blind worshiper"or a "fanboy". Not only that, but to then go to a messegeboard full of Rush fans (not just fans of 4-5 albums made by Rush. Huge difference) and insult the fans and then complain that the fans that he made fun of are making fun of him? I mean brotha please...

the word i wrote got edited to "brotha" by the board LOL

Edited by Astroboy2112

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 18 2012, 03:18 PM)
Don't need a hug......I had to hug my two sons enough after the show to console them and try and convince them that Rush isn't really this lame.

I just want it to be known that for every 100 folks who review each show in each city on this forum and "LOVED" it........there were 10,000.00 or so fans who left disappointed in it's lack of energy and enthusiasm(something Rush was always first rate at)

If you are going to put a show together, make sure you realize that people are spending hard earned money in a bad economy to come and see it.

Many are bringing their children, and the truth is, these"Rarities" would have received better reception if they had introduced them via some more familiar songs.

Let it be a lesson to your kids- the world doesn't revolve around them (if they even care about the setlist at all). I'm not sure why you bring this up. If you don't like the setlist say so but why bring your kids into it.

Just wondering, why do you use decimal points referring to attendance numbers (10,000.00 fans)?

The good news is you can find a safe haven at the Counterparts board - up to a point. firedevil.gif

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 18 2012, 02:58 PM)
and bill it appropriately so the "Working Man" can save his money

Peace out

The Troll, Ruffian, Scoundrel and whatever else the Post T4E rush "experts" want to call me.

Why dont you go see that Yes tribute band called Yes in theaters. This is Rush, why play theaters when you can pack the United Center in Chicago. Dick.

I love the irony. At the same time the people who like the setlist are being told not to be down on the haters - the haters are trying to convince them that they are not real fans for liking the setlist.

At the end of the day, does or should it really matter to you what the another's opinion is? Rush has always been about the individual, not the masses, not what your classmate thinks or your co-worker, not your friends or even your spouse thinks is good music. Who cares what rayrush thinks?

Here's a thought - if no one responds to his rants, his rants are meaningless, void. Let him have his say and then simply - wish him well......

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 18 2012, 04:17 PM)

Bring the real Rush next time you come back to Pittsburgh.

Then who was that band on stage kicking my ass all night? confused13.gif

the word i wrote got edited to "brotha" by the board LOL

Yeah, these filters are pretty funny!!!

Edited by TheWK90

You have 11 posts, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them has been either a complaint about the setlist, or a complaint about other people's reactions to your complaints about the setlist. We get it, you didn't like the show. I'm sorry to hear that it was an unpleasant experience for you, but don't take it out on us.

If you're mad at the band, then just stop going to see them. If your mad enough, you can write them a stern letter and ask for your money back. If you're really pissed, you can burn all of your Rush T-shirts and smash your LPs.

Why do you insist on making post after post about how disappointed you were with the show? It's not our fault. We didn't make this setlist, the band did. Don't bug us with your complaints.

Stop being a troll please.

QUOTE (TheWK90)

goodpost.gif

Edited by Dscrapre

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Sep 18 2012, 08:20 PM)
You have 11 posts, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them has been either a complaint about the setlist, or a complaint about other people's reactions to your complaints about the setlist. We get it, you didn't like the show. I'm sorry to hear that it was an unpleasant experience for you, but don't take it out on us.

If you're mad at the band, then just stop going to see them. If your mad enough, you can write them a stern letter and ask for your money back. If you're really pissed, you can burn all of your Rush T-shirts and smash your LPs.

Why do you insist on making post after post about how disappointed you were with the show? It's not our fault. We didn't make this setlist, the band did. Don't bug us with your complaints.

Stop being a troll please.

QUOTE (TheWK90)

goodpost.gif

Thus Spake Zarathustra

goodpost.gif

trink39.gif

I took two pills three hours ago and woke up in 1980, and Rush was Rush, and they cared about what "all" the fans thought.

They probably never envisioned a Rush Forum, where disciples would come and praise their every move, even when they made mistakes and played songs from their mostly forgotten era.

Call the VFW and clear their calendar, book the Moose Lodge in advance, clear the DJ area at the American Legion, The 2012 Rush tour is coming to town, and it's bringing "The Body Electric"....not the electric slide.

WTF

Why should anyone give a damn what someone in Pittsburgh says? It doesn't even have an NBA team, so it's not a 'real' big town. This was just a warm-up show for the real fans in Indy, chicago and Detroit.

I first discovered Rush in the time period between the releases of Moving Pictures and Signals...the first song I heard from them that peaked my interest was Xanadu. Signals was the first "new" Rush album I was a fan for and I was hooked immediately. I then went back and became a fan of everything from the first album forward and I also kept up with every new album as it came out.

My favorite period of Rush's career is 2112 through Moving Pictures, followed closely by Signals through Power Windows. I liked the Hold Your Fire through Snakes and Arrows albums, and I LOVE the new album. I consider myself to be a HARD CORE fan, I like it all, but I love some more than others.

I couldn't be happier with the set list. I have heard most of the "hit" songs many times over, tour after tour...over the last few tours, I have often said to myself, wouldn't it be cool to hear a song like Big Money again, or some other songs like Analog Kid, etc. I never bitched about it on the internet (thats not my style) but I also accepted that Alex has spoken very publicly about his not liking that his guitar was taking a back seat to all the synths, so I figured the songs from that era were pretty much retired from their set lists going forward.

Getting to hear a song like Territories live again is a dream come true for a fan like me (as was Marathon on the last tour). I would have made a few different choices if it were up to me (don't really need to hear Bravado, but I get that some love it) but I also don't need to see Working Man again, or 2112, or even Limelight if I get to hear some deep cuts that haven't been played in years.

All that said, I will cry if they don't play TSOR at the Barclay center show...it's my personal fav!

QUOTE (TheWK90 @ Sep 18 2012, 08:01 PM)

Exactly.

I was at this show that the OP seems to think was so awful. I've not seen Rush 70billion times like some, but I've seen them enough to know that this show DID NOT SUCK!

Also, the "post t4E experts" comment kind of pisses me off.. do you determine the level of a persons love for the band based upon their age? or which era is their favorite? Methinks you are a tool.

QUOTE (Barry @ Sep 18 2012, 08:52 PM)
I first discovered Rush in the time period between the releases of Moving Pictures and Signals...the first song I heard from them that peaked my interest was Xanadu. Signals was the first "new" Rush album I was a fan for and I was hooked immediately. I then went back and became a fan of everything from the first album forward and I also kept up with every new album as it came out.

My favorite period of Rush's career is 2112 through Moving Pictures, followed closely by Signals through Power Windows. I liked the Hold Your Fire through Snakes and Arrows albums, and I LOVE the new album. I consider myself to be a HARD CORE fan, I like it all, but I love some more than others.

I couldn't be happier with the set list. I have heard most of the "hit" songs many times over, tour after tour...over the last few tours, I have often said to myself, wouldn't it be cool to hear a song like Big Money again, or some other songs like Analog Kid, etc. I never bitched about it on the internet (thats not my style) but I also accepted that Alex has spoken very publicly about his not liking that his guitar was taking a back seat to all the synths, so I figured the songs from that era were pretty much retired from their set lists going forward.

Getting to hear a song like Territories live again is a dream come true for a fan like me (as was Marathon on the last tour). I would have made a few different choices if it were up to me (don't really need to hear Bravado, but I get that some love it) but I also don't need to see Working Man again, or 2112, or even Limelight if I get to hear some deep cuts that haven't been played in years.

All that said, I will cry if they don't play TSOR at the Barclay center show...it's my personal fav!

Cool stuff Barry...I'm sure you're experience rings a chord with many Rush fans 1022.gif

Well, I am never listening to Rush again, ever. Ray has convinced me that they suck, so from now it's Justin Beiber, Britany Spears and Lady Gaga. They rock!

1022.gif

Christ, I might even start listening to Bon Jovi...

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Sep 18 2012, 08:41 PM)
I love the irony. At the same time the people who like the setlist are being told not to be down on the haters - the haters are trying to convince them that they are not real fans for liking the setlist.

At the end of the day, does or should it really matter to you what the another's opinion is? Rush has always been about the individual, not the masses, not what your classmate thinks or your co-worker, not your friends or even your spouse thinks is good music. Who cares what rayrush thinks?

Here's a thought - if no one responds to his rants, his rants are meaningless, void. Let him have his say and then simply - wish him well......

Probably the sanest post here.

To the OP: you barged in here and instead of getting to know the place, introducing yourself, talking a bit about your Rush experiences, etc., you immediately started kicking everyone in the metaphorical balls.

Of course it gets you attention. But (and I'm well aware you do not give a shit) no one is going to want you in their sandbox after that intro.

Most of us really don't mind if someone has a gripe or six about the setlist. It's all in how those complaints are aired, however.

QUOTE (Analog_Bro @ Sep 18 2012, 09:50 PM)
On one hand this guy just got his ass handed to him

On the other hand, this thread is 3 pages long. He probably likes all the attention he is getting and this will just fuel him to post more idiotic crap

Haters gonna hate.

QUOTE (MCM @ Sep 18 2012, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (TheWK90 @ Sep 18 2012, 08:01 PM)

Exactly.

I was at this show that the OP seems to think was so awful. I've not seen Rush 70billion times like some, but I've seen them enough to know that this show DID NOT SUCK!

Hmm... I was at that show, too (hey we're both from Pittsburgh!!!), and it was awesome!!! That is why I was confused by the OP's statement. confused13.gif

Guess all we can do is wish him well. 1022.gif