Top 10 Underrated Rush Songs

rushgoober

Coming up with 10 was tough, because it seems to me that there are very few Rush songs that fail to be appreciated within the fanbase. Here in the order I was able to think of them are my favourites of the ones that either don't get talked about much or in my opinion get unjustly dissed.

We Hold On

Tears

How It Is

Entre Nous

Cinderella Man

Leave That Thing Alone

Between Sun And Moon

In The End

The Big Money

Finding My Way

Underated huh?

Losing It

Cut to the Chase

Open Secrets

Available Light

Sweet Miracle

Bravest Face

Alien Shore

Tears

Different Strings

Second Nature

There you go 10, and may I add all songs that should be considered to be played Live!

Edited by losingit2k

10. High Water

9. Carve Away the Stone

8. Red Tide

7. Neurotica

6. Halo Effect

5. BU2B2

4. Lessons

3. Armor and Sword

2. Animate

1. Madrigal

Honorable Mentions: Tai Shan, Rivendell, Workin' Them Angels

Edited by Disk98

1. Armour And Sword

2. Nobody's Hero

3. Witch Hunt

4. Emotion Detector

5. Afterimage

6. Prime Mover

7. Cinderella Man

8. Everyday Glory

9. The Enemy Within

10. Show Don't Tell

Honorable Mentions: Kid Gloves, War Paint, Heresy, Ceiling Unlimited

Edited by yyzjam

1) Out of the Cradle - Vapor Trails

2) Limbo - Test for Echo

3) Cold Fire - Counterparts

4) The Enemy Within - Grace Under Pressure

5) Second Nature - Hold Your Fire

6) Available Light - Presto

7) Between Sun and Moon - Counterparts

8) Making Memories - Fly by Night

9) Lock and Key - Hold your Fire

10) Hand Over Fist - Presto

• Like 1

1. Countdown - Come on, you three, sack up and play this one again. Especially with some awesome Space Shuttle footage on the giant monitors.

2. Test For Echo - I know how everyone feels about this album but I always thought the title track was god-tier.

3. Lock And Key - Great song from an album that I don't particularly care for.

4. Time And Motion - For someone like me who doesn't really care about song lyrics and mainly focuses on the notes, this song is really good.

5. Red Tide - It's just catchy.

6. Something For Nothing - Probably not "underrated" by Rush fans. But it's a song that doesn't pop up much. And I love it.

7. Double Agent - There isn't much to this song other than two parts: "where would you rather be" and the spoken part. But I think it sounds really good.

8. Cut To The Chase - The one song in Rush's never-played-live catalog that I wish wasn't in there. Ties with Stick It Out as my favorite Counterparts song, but Stick It Out isn't underrated. And Counterparts is my favorite Rush album.

9. Open Secrets - Another good song from a not so great album. I wouldn't ever wish this to be played live, because I'd be afraid with how it'd turn out. Just isn't live material IMO.

10. Virtuality - Ignore the lyrics. Listen to the riff.

Honorable Mention: Armor and Sword - Favorite song from Snakes And Arrows, which is a good album. I wish people would stop hating on it, even though Clockwork Angels is indeed fantastic.

• Like 2

1. Countdown - Come on, you three, sack up and play this one again. Especially with some awesome Space Shuttle footage on the giant monitors.

2. Test For Echo - I know how everyone feels about this album but I always thought the title track was god-tier.

4. Time And Motion - For someone like me who doesn't really care about song lyrics and mainly focuses on the notes, this song is really good.

6. Something For Nothing - Probably not "underrated" by Rush fans. But it's a song that doesn't pop up much. And I love it.

7. Double Agent - There isn't much to this song other than two parts: "where would you rather be" and the spoken part. But I think it sounds really good.

8. Cut To The Chase - The one song in Rush's never-played-live catalog that I wish wasn't in there. Ties with Stick It Out as my favorite Counterparts song, but Stick It Out isn't underrated. And Counterparts is my favorite Rush album.

9. Open Secrets - Another good song from a not so great album. I wouldn't ever wish this to be played live, because I'd be afraid with how it'd turn out. Just isn't live material IMO.

Honorable Mention: Armor and Sword - Favorite song from Snakes And Arrows, which is a good album. I wish people would stop hating on it, even though Clockwork Angels is indeed fantastic.

:goodone: And welcome! :cheers:

I probably should of included Territories. It's easily my favorite track off of PW.

Entre Nous also (if it's widely considered underated?)...it took on a new life with the S&A tour.

I REALLY don't think Territories is underrated. I'd say everything off Power Windows has its share of merit (especially Territories and Middletown, along with the usuals Big Money, Marathon, and Mystic Rhythms) due except for Emotion Detector, which is also a good song.

My list (in no order)

prime mover

available light

good news first

vapor trail

the color of right

everyday glory

emotion detector

grand designs

before and after

the necromancer

Well.....I will say that I am going by what is never ever played on the radio/never really brought up when people in general talk about Rush.

I know some of my choices will be overrated to others, and well, when you answer this question on a board full of rabid die-hards, of course there will be disagreements. lol.

Boy, this is hard....

1. Cygnus X-1 Book One: The Voyage

2. The Body Electric

3. Digital Man

4. The Necromancer

5. A Farewell To Kings

6. Different Strings

7. Prime Mover

8. Chain Lightning

9. Animate

10. Here Again

open secrets...I love it, but it'd send everyone to the beer/merch areas. just like every other synth era tune does

• Like 1

open secrets...I love it, but it'd send everyone to the beer/merch areas. just like every other synth era tune does

Yeah that's one reason behind me saying I don't think Open Secrets should be played live.

Also, I gotta add another song to my list. Secret Touch. Maybe it isn't underrated when you compare it to the rest of Vapor Trails, but on the grander scale of things, that song needs more love.

Ill go with the obvious choices. Rivendell-just take it for what is, a pretty little tune with a great mrlody. High Water- great atmospheric song that gets lumped together with another atmospheric tune that is unique and underrated. Dog Years and Virtuality- great riffs and grooves that actually sound good. Ill add Need Some Love because it kicks ass. You can tell I dont really care about the lyrics too much.