What song is owning you right now?

Maverick

QUOTE (RushCanuck @ Aug 11 2012, 12:07 PM)
Ship of Fools by World Party.  I heard it as bumper music about a month ago on an overnight talk show and it's been in my head ever since.

I finally got Ship of Fools out of my brain, only to be replaced by 'Piggies' by the Beatles. (again, I blame bumper music from overnight talk radio)

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Sep 1 2012, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE (HamiltonYYZ @ Aug 31 2012, 11:04 PM)
Boston - Don't Look Back

My favorite Boston song. goodpost.gif

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Even The Losers

"It's just the normal noises in here!" laugh.gif

Yeah, one of the most positive/optimistic songs I know trink39.gif

Prince - Gold (from The Gold Experience)

The Flower Kings "Numbers" 26:57 (

)

If you haven't heard them, The Flower Kings are an aMAZing prog rock band from Sweden who've been around since the mid-90's. Numbers is from their latest studio album, Banks of Eden (released in 2012 after a five year break). And that's no typo, the song is nearly 27 minutes long, if that's your kinda thing. wink.gif

Lead guitarist/driving force Roine Stolt also plays in Transatlantic with Mike Portnoy from Dream Theatre, Pete Trewavas of Marillion, and Neal Morse of Spock's Beard. They remind me a lot of Yes, sometimes Gentle Giant, sometimes a bit fusiony (like Return to Forever).

Sorry, this kind of turned into an ad for the band, but seriously, if you like symphonic progressive rock and haven't tried these guys you really should! smile.gif

-Jane

2.gif

QUOTE (gudbuytjane @ Sep 4 2012, 07:03 PM)
The Flower Kings "Numbers" 26:57 (listen to it here)

If you haven't heard them, The Flower Kings are an aMAZing prog rock band from Sweden who've been around since the mid-90's. Numbers is from their latest studio album, Banks of Eden (released in 2012 after a five year break). And that's no typo, the song is nearly 27 minutes long, if that's your kinda thing. wink.gif

Lead guitarist/driving force Roine Stolt also plays in Transatlantic with Mike Portnoy from Dream Theatre, Pete Trewavas of Marillion, and Neal Morse of Spock's Beard. They remind me a lot of Yes, sometimes Gentle Giant, sometimes a bit fusiony (like Return to Forever).

Sorry, this kind of turned into an ad for the band, but seriously, if you like symphonic progressive rock and haven't tried these guys you really should! smile.gif

-Jane
2.gif

Great song/album/band! Putting Banks of Eden on now.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 4 2012, 06:36 PM)
QUOTE (gudbuytjane @ Sep 4 2012, 07:03 PM)
The Flower Kings "Numbers" 26:57 (listen to it here)

-Jane
2.gif

Great song/album/band! Putting Banks of Eden on now.

Hey ColdFireYYZ! Nice to see another Flower Kings fan around here. smile.gif

-Jane

2.gif