Guns N Roses

jwoods89

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Aug 3 2012, 02:08 PM)
It's fashionable to hate them now.  Other than Chinese Democracy, which was basically all over the top versions of Estranged, I enjoy all their albums.  I saw them live in 1988 and 1991.  Great shows.

I dunno, They started losing me at Use Your Illusion. A few decent songs on there, but more bad than good IMO.

I still like listening to the old stuff though

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Aug 4 2012, 07:08 AM)
It's fashionable to hate them now.  Other than Chinese Democracy, which was basically all over the top versions of Estranged, I enjoy all their albums.  I saw them live in 1988 and 1991.  Great shows.

Who cares about fashion, they just bore me. I don't *hate* anything boarder.gif

They're the Matrix of rock bands.

1st album=awesome

2nd album=good if not as good as the 1st one

3rd album=jumping the shark

Ironically, my favorite GNR song (Yesterdays), is on the 3rd one. laugh.gif

Oh, and fans and non fans can agree, Axl Rose's picture is in the dictionary under douchebag.

Edited by invisible airwave

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 3 2012, 09:45 PM)
AFD is one of the best hard rock albums ever made.....I like about half of the material from the Illusion albums. That's about it.....

You could, and I would, argue its the best debut album ever. When they got it going, they were awesome.

Even on the mostly forgettable The Spaghetti Incident? they do a smoking cover of Nazareth's Hair of the Dog.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Aug 3 2012, 07:00 PM)
AFD is one of the best hard rock albums ever made.....I like about half of the material from the Illusion albums. That's about it.....

You could, and I would, argue its the best debut album ever.

In the Court of the Crimson King, The Girl Who Was... Death, Insurgentes th1245.gif

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Aug 3 2012, 08:00 PM)

You could, and I would, argue its the best debut album ever. When they got it going, they were awesome.

Even on the mostly forgettable The Spaghetti Incident? they do a smoking cover of Nazareth's Hair of the Dog.

Agree....for me, this one and Van Halen's are the best debuts....followed by Living Colour's Vivid....

You know, i could say they are horribly overrated, that they are a bunch of annoying hacks, that one semi-decent album doesn't make you a rock legend, that their songs are just lot of plastic pop garbage disguised as hard rock by one hard guitar riff here and there, and talk all day long about how much of a douchebag and deluted asshole Axl Rose is; but coming out from me it will be just redundant. Edited by Akron162

I saw them play in Hamilton last November, not even half full, but they put on a amazing show, they had the crowd on their feet, it would be nice if they didnt start at 10.45 pm, finished at past 2, people were leaving , at 11, they could not stay all night, my gf at the time, had to be at work at 6, but we stayed to see the whole show, axle was in a good mood

The first time I saw them was in 92 or 93, axl walked of the stage during the encore.

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Aug 4 2012, 03:46 AM)
You know, i could say they are horribly overrated, that they are a bunch of annoying hacks, that one semi-decent album doesn't make you a rock legend, that their songs are just lot of plastic pop garbage disguised as hard rock by one hard guitar riff here and there, and talk all day long about how much of a douchebag and deluted asshole Axl Rose is; but coming out from me it will be just redundant.

rofl3.gif

Akron, if you were running for President, I'd vote for you.

A man of principles! 1287.gif

AFD Was and is.....amazing yes.gif I liked bits of the Illusions records. Forget about The Spaghetti Incident. 062802puke_prv.gif Call me crazy, but I enjoyed Chinese Democracy. Quite a lot of good tunes....But on itunes I changed GNR to Axl Rose. Cause that's what it is.....Axl 'n' Friends yes.gif

Mick

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 3 2012, 06:45 PM)

This covers it for me too. And Axl Pose is just a flat out major league douche. Never on time for a show, a total dick on stage and off, etc. Good hard rock band and Appetite is a classic. On a side note, they never should've co-haedlined with Metallica in '92. I saw the Sept. 30th show in San Diego which had Metallica on before G'n R. Metallica blew 'em off the fukking stage. Pose and the boys were a letdown.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Aug 3 2012, 02:08 PM)
One of the m ost overrated bands in history.

goodpost.gif Craptastic

I don't hate everything they ever did, but I've never owned any albums by them and I don't waste my time listening to them or even thinking about them. Easily the most overrated rock band in history. I don't think they suck, they just don't warrant the huge accolaides that everbody heaps upon them.

I really loved the first album when it came out...still do.

It is hits and misses since then.

Could be the drugs & alcohol or the egos, but I just don't think they ever reached their potential artistically.

I will say, you can pick up their greatest hits at Best Buy for $7.00...not a dud on it.

1 Welcome To The Jungle

2 Sweet Child O' Mine

3 Patience

4 Paradise City

5 Knockin' On Heaven's Door

6 Civil War

7 You Could Be Mine

8 Don't Cry

9 November Rain

10 Live and Let Die

11 Yesterdays

12 Ain't It Fun

13 Since I Don't Have You

14 Sympathy For The Devil

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31N6AKEX8ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The first album is fantastic. The EP had some great tunes as well. Then, it became more of a hard rock reality show over the music. There were less discussions of the songs and more about near death experiences and 8th grade drama.