Popular Artists you just don't like

Cheap Trick

Bland generic party rock

Mick

Nope. Give the first three albums a close listen. Then give the 1997 album a spin. It might not be your cup of tea, but bland generic party rock it ain't. Leave that to all the Van Halen knock offs from the 1980s.

No he was right. It's bland generic party rock.

Hey, look, it's the Dick Brothers dropping in to once again take a dump on someone's favorite band! :cheerleader:

Geez, you two... :LOL:

Actually I've said they are a good band.

I like them.

Yeah...I know. :cheers:

Cheap Trick were the darlings of Rolling Stone when they first hit the scene, they were even compared to the Beatles. I think it's the attitude combined with some pretty good melodies that brought the hype. That and the monster sales of Budokan. But there is a reason they faded after Dream Police.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Actually this a popular artists you don't like thread......i was merely posting one.

i apologise for speaking.

Mick

So, post bands you don't like and expect no push back? Again, what's the point? Damn opinions and feelings always getting in the way. ;)

Its the fact you always think you know better.

You are downright rude to me often about my taste but when I dislike something you like you preach as if I am wrong and must change. It isn't a conversation it is your ego and self-righteousness taking over.

But I genuinely GENUINELY enjoy your knowledge and passion and that is not something I will ever overlook. I have annoying traits, so I don't expect anyone else to be any different.

Its all a matter of quirks.

Actually this a popular artists you don't like thread......i was merely posting one.

Mick

So, post bands you don't like and expect no push back? Again, what's the point? Damn opinions and feelings always getting in the way. ;)

You are downright rude to me often about my taste but when I dislike something you like you preach as if I am wrong and must change. It isn't a conversation it is your ego and self-righteousness taking over.

But I genuinely GENUINELY enjoy your knowledge and passion and that is not something I will ever overlook. I have annoying traits, so I don't expect anyone else to be any different.

Have I stated I know better? Honestly, I would never do that intentionally.

• Like 1

Mick

It's how you come across but I can take it

Mick

It's how you come across but I can take it

How I come across? Am I that expressive with the words I choose? I always notice a lot of grammatical mistakes, misspellings and typos! I'll use more emoticons! :ebert:

Taking issue with the way one speaks to me is not the same as saying I don't think that guy is awesome.
  • Like 3

For what it's worth..........i really don't have a problem with Rerushed I just have a massive headache today and no patiance so don't mind me.

Mick

It's probably all that crappy music you listen too! :unsure: :banana: :madra: :hi: :cheers:

• Like 1

For what it's worth..........i really don't have a problem with Rerushed I just have a massive headache today and no patiance so don't mind me.

Mick

It's probably all that crappy music you listen too! :unsure: :banana: :madra: :hi: :cheers:

probably, lol.......you know me i basically champion crappy stuff, lol

someone's got to.

Mick

Mick

someone's got to.

Mick

But cheap trick really aren't any better or worse than Bon Jovi

They make vanilla look spicy

• Like 1

Mick

someone's got to.

Mick

Cheap Trick wrote "Surrender".

Drops mic...

:codger:

• Like 2

Mick

someone's got to.

Mick

Drops mic...

It isn't a great song

Mick

someone's got to.

Mick

Drops mic...

It isn't a great song

Dude, you're throwing me softballs. You're killing me... bites tongue... :)

• Like 1

Mick

someone's got to.

Mick

Drops mic...

It encapsulates all that's great about them. Catchy as hell and lyrics that are dark & have made them great chroniclers of the American Dream.

Mother told me, yes, she told me

That I'd meet girls like you

She also told me, "Stay away

You'll never know what you'll catch"

• Like 2

[\b]

...and Big Eyes and Come On Come On and Gonna Raise Hell and Need You Love and Look Out and This House is Rockin' and...

• Like 2

Mick

someone's got to.

Mick

Drops mic...

It isn't a great song

Dude, you're throwing me softballs. You're killing me... bites tongue... :)

While I am at it I hate Bohemian Rhapsody

• Like 1

I'll say that I think Mick, Segue and ReRushed are all tops here - all three of you are a big part of why I come here everyday ..

That said, Cheap Trick is one of my all time favorite bands

Surrender is untouchable, and starts off one of the greatest albums of all time

Come On, Come On is right there with it

The song Heaven Tonight is incredible

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

I'll say that I think Mick, Segue and ReRushed are all tops here - all three of you are a big part of why I come here everyday ..

That said, Cheap Trick is one of my all time favorite bands

Surrender is untouchable, and starts off one of the greatest albums of all time

Come On, Come On is right there with it

The song Heaven Tonight is incredible

You know me by now.

I hate something.

I keep trying it.

I end up obsessed for months.

• Like 1

I've never liked Sarah Mclachlan's music because it's boring and it depresses the Hell out of me. I think she just invented the Lilith Fair to give people a reason to go to her shows even if they didn't like HER. She probably got jealous of all the opening acts because they were prettier and more talented than she is. That's why she tours alone now. A lot of people actually left Lilith before the start of Sarah's set. I was one of those people. Iron Maiden was playing on the other side of town. But I don't dwell on my loathing for Sarah as much as I used to because her career is almost over. Taylor Swift made her irrelevant and obsolete.
  • Like 2

Sam Smith

Ed Sheeran

Imagine Dragons

Edited by Segue Myles