Popular Artists you just don't like

Tool is for tools.

gah i hate that group.

Tuneless

dull

Lead singer sounds like a lawnmower

Yep. Agreed 100%. It's one of the main reasons I consider you to be a long lost brother mine :LOL:

Yet they are somehow revered.

It remains as much of a mystery to you as it does me...

I've listened through many of Tool's "best" tracks (as judged by a healthy mixture of what critics consider to be their best tracks, as well as fans themselves) several times, as I'm sure you have done, and guess what? Nothing sticks. It's all boring, heartless shit that I'm confident any prog fan who puts a strong priority on melody (Frank Zappa, anyone?) would deny....

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

I have no issue with Tool.

Lateralus is a great album and 10,000 Days is beautiful.

To each their own but I'd take them over Neal Morsels any day.

Did I mention that Tool sucks?

I have a vendetta against these bastards. They've done nothing good for prog rock aside from maybe a few tribal drum/bass lines....

Maybe they all died. it's been YEARS since the last album. Every time i put them on.......part of me goes.......maybe this is the time i hear the magic. and my hate just intensifies, lol

Mick

cheap shot artist.

21 pilots needs to crash their plane, lol

Mick

• Like 1

cheap shot artist.

Mick

Well I am hesitant to say I dislike Morse because you know me and my track record of dissing prog musicians...but I think Tool are amazing and unique and Morse just seems derivative of lots of things.

But again hesitant to put him down because I do think I could do a Kansas and end up loving his work.

• Like 2

Did I mention that Tool sucks?

I have a vendetta against these bastards. They've done nothing good for prog rock aside from maybe a few tribal drum/bass lines....

Maybe they all died. it's been YEARS since the last album. Every time i put them on.......part of me goes.......maybe this is the time i hear the magic. and my hate just intensifies, lol

Mick

I just put on Aenima, which is a track I previously considered to be their best out of the lot of hits (among Sober, The Pot, etc...)... A small part of me was hoping that I'd be surprisingly impressed with this track, but alas, there's a reason I hated this band to begin with, and that reason is: they f*cking suck!

What a useless band,.. Technicality means jack shit if you can't connect with audience on emotional level, which I can only imagine Tool accomplishing with their fans who are emotionally shallow.

• Like 1

cheap shot artist.

Mick

Well I am hesitant to say I dislike Morse because you know me and my track record of dissing prog musicians...but I think Tool are amazing and unique and Morse just seems derivative of lots of things.

But again hesitant to put him down because I do think I could do a Kansas and end up loving his work.

me too. i never rule aout any artist with you......aside from Zappa, lol and maybe Steely dan, lol

Kansas was the funniest thing because of how sure you were, lol

it's ok.......i've done the same thing, lol

Mick

me too. i never rule aout any artist with you......aside from Zappa, lol and maybe Steely dan, lol

Mick

I've gave "Tool" a fair amount of chances throughout the course of nearly a decade at this point.

Can I finally put it all to rest and say with certainty that they simply suck? :LOL:

• Like 1

Mick

I've gave "Tool" a fair amount of chances throughout the course of nearly a decade at this point.

Can I finally put it all to rest and say with certainty that they simply suck? :LOL:

at least Neal Morse has heart. Tool might as well be channel surfing while performing, lol

THEY BLOW!!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 1

I honestly feel like standing on the top of a high-up roof and yelling at the top of my lungs:

TOOL SUUUUCKS FUUUUUCKING COOOOOOCCCCCKKKK

THEY SUUUUUUUCK

That would just be so therapeutic ;)

hey sometimes you need to do that, lol

I just told facebook how much 21 Pilots suck and i feel much better, lol

Mick

• Like 1

cheap shot artist.

Mick

Mick

I admire a lot about Steely Dan. Great production and playing. Zappa I am sure is a genius just not my taste.

I honestly feel like standing on the top of a high-up roof and yelling at the top of my lungs:

THEY SUUUUUUUCK

Mick

Aww I don't understand this mentality haha...they worked every bit as hard to get to where they are and connect with many for the same reasons your favourite artists do.

• Like 1

THEY SUUUUUUUCK

Mick

Aww I don't understand this mentality haha...they worked every bit as hard to get to where they are and connect with many for the same reasons your favourite artists do.

lol i understand they worked hard. I know you've had bands that spark a hate in you that you couldn't control.

Just everything about them ticks me off.

from their photo poses to the faux rapping. to the production. to the lazy overdone copy paste pop hooks.

you could cut my disdain with a knife, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

THEY SUUUUUUUCK

Mick

They're douches, and I'd like to believe that most of the artists I appreciate aren't...

And lucky for me that I know that most of the artists I appreciate aren't douchebags while the "Tool guys" (as supported by online research and fan testimonials :) ) ARE

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

Tuneless

dull

Lead singer sounds like a lawnmower

Yet they are somehow revered.

Mick

:laughing yellow guy:

Takes a bow.

Yea......i'm angry today, lol. not personally. musically angry.

My new Yawker's coming out.

Mick

• Like 1

Thats why people get so angry at me.......the truth hurts, lol.

Not as much as a 21 pilots song........but close, lol

tell me you don't wanna slit some throats when you see these walking anus's

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac31/bluefox4000/1401x788-21.jpg

Mick

Well, hey.. Tell me you think "prog geniuses" when you're presented with an image of these... Well, Tools!

http://www.toolbandprojects.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Tool-Band-Picture.jpg

They look cool

Well, hey.. Tell me you think "prog geniuses" when you're presented with an image of these... Well, Tools!

http://www.toolbandprojects.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Tool-Band-Picture.jpg

They look cool

I agree, actually... Had they been a good prog rock band of the 90's I could see myself liking them

But, too bad, they suck :LOL:

They look cool

I agree, actually... Had they been a good prog rock band of the 90's I could see myself liking them

But, too bad, they suck :LOL:

I have to say I never really thought of them as prog.

Sort of grungy alt rock, kind of like a grunge Mastodon.

• Like 1