Popular Artists you just don't like

Sam Smith

Ed Sheeran

Imagine Dragons

yes

yes

Indifferent.

I quite like a few songs by them actually.

Mick

I have heard one. Just one.

• Like 1

Sam Smith

Ed Sheeran

Imagine Dragons

I like Imagine Dragons, but not the other two.
  • Like 1

Sam Smith

Ed Sheeran

Imagine Dragons

I like Imagine Dragons, but not the other two.

I'm also not all that fussed about Adele but I love her as a personality so...not sure I can put her on this list!

• Like 1

I wish the Barenaked Ladies would just break up already. It's not just their name that annoys me. Neither one of their vocalists can sing properly. Steven Page was a fruit and the other guy is just as dumb. Their lyrics are so ridiculously stupid and I hate how they talk through their songs. They might as well do rap. It's irritating.
  • Like 1

Falling In Reverse

Ice Nine Kills

Walked past these two at the Warped Tour the other day and a heard about a song each. Hated it.

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Bruno Mars

Pitbull

Miley Cyrus

Justin Bieber

Sam Smith

Michael Buble'

Luke Bryant

Hate all of these except the Chili Peppers. Third favorite band.

Falling In Reverse

Ice Nine Kills

Walked past these two at the Warped Tour the other day and a heard about a song each. Hated it.

How can you call them popular? No one has ever heard of them.

Teenagers love them. I don't. They're not very popular on the forum, though.

Falling In Reverse

Ice Nine Kills

It amazes me how many classic rock fans over thirty overlook that skater music and Vans tour bands are known by pretty much every alternative kid on the planet.

Falling In Reverse are HUGE in the alternative music scene.

A different audience. And a massize one.

Both these bands are poor to me as well.

It's like Thrice. They are seen as one of the most influential bands on the punk/hardcore scene but because they never hit the radio most don't realise half what they play is directly inspired by them.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Falling In Reverse

Ice Nine Kills

It amazes me how many classic rock fans over thirty overlook that skater music and Vans tour bands are known by pretty much every alternative kid on the planet.

It's like Thrice. They are seen as one of the most influential bands on the punk/hardcore scene but because they never hit the radio most don't realise half what they play is directly inspired by them.

Segue, I am confused by your Thrice statement .. There is nothing punk or hardcore about them - regardless of what they claim influenced them ..

Yes, I am over thirty, and there is nothing about Thrice that is appealing .. Probably because this is what I grew up liking and seeing as punk / hardcore

Punk, in my world, has nothing to do with corporate festival tours

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

No but it has everything to do with meeting the Phantom at the Park.

:)

not exactly

KISS never ever claimed to be anything but exactly what they were - they were not a watered down knock off of anything, and they worked very hard at creating their own thing ..

They were very sincere in their celebrity, and were never confused with anyone other than KISS

It was comic book heaven, and they were the first to admit it

While "punk" was a cultural phenomena, and "disco" was a cultural phenomena, they were genres

KISS was a singular entity, and they themselves were a cultural phenomena

Edited by Lucas

Falling In Reverse

Ice Nine Kills

Segue, I am confused by your Thrice statement .. There is nothing punk or hardcore about them - regardless of what they claim influenced them ..

Yes, I am over thirty, and there is nothing about Thrice that is appealing .. Probably because this is what I grew up liking and seeing as punk / hardcore

If you think that then sadly the modern scene is lost on you.

Which is fine I guess.

One of the greatest bands ever.

• Like 1

Falling In Reverse

Ice Nine Kills

Which is fine I guess.

I think I've made the fact clear that, regardless of genre or era, if it connects with me, I will enjoy it

Thankfully, Vektor, Anekdoten, Skull Daze, AKB48, Ray Lamontagne, Nightwish, etc are not lost with me

Edited by Lucas

Falling In Reverse

Ice Nine Kills

Which is fine I guess.

I think I've made the fact clear that, regardless of genre or era, if it connects with me, I will enjoy it

Thankfully, Vektor, Anekdoten, Skull Daze, AKB48, Ray Lamontagne, Nightwish, etc are not lost with me

Sorry I was referring to the modern hardcore/punk scene. Thrice are of a group of many great bands referred to as post-hardcore. A style that was at its peak around ten years ago and that has left a huge marl on modern rock and metal.

They are a phenomenal band. Very intelligent and critics as well as musicians fawn over them more than the masses. Which is fine. They never once sold out or tried to write a breakthrough hit.

• Like 1

Twenty One Pilots hit me the same way U2 hits the kind of person who can't get into U2. I don't hate them, but I don't hear anything particularly amazing to live up to all the rage and hype about them, and I feel slightly as if they've been shoved down my throat by young society. I understand that these things happen, and I'm not mad with anyone who likes them a bunch for being one of the many people who really like this band and help them to dominate the radio and everything, but it's not much fun being outside of that massive hype and following due to my own tastes.

Idk, they confuse me. I do happen to like a few of their songs though. Ride is very good.

• Like 1

Twenty One Pilots hit me the same way U2 hits the kind of person who can't get into U2. I don't hate them, but I don't hear anything particularly amazing to live up to all the rage and hype about them, and I feel slightly as if they've been shoved down my throat by young society. I understand that these things happen, and I'm not mad with anyone who likes them a bunch for being one of the many people who really like this band and help them to dominate the radio and everything, but it's not much fun being outside of that massive hype and following due to my own tastes.

Idk, they confuse me. I do happen to like a few of their songs though. Ride is very good.

I totally get you. This is the ONLY band aside from Bastille that has dominated the charts in recent years that has left any impact on me. How you just described them is how I feel about Imagine Dragons.

• Like 1

Have to put 21 pilots here. i could eat this post later but right now this album is just Horrendous.

I haven't been this annoyed in a LONG time, lol

Mick

Aww.

Well...I absolutely adore it and I've been living it for two weeks!

I also have been loving Rihanna's Loud, Rated R and Unapologetic alongside Justin Bieber's latest and of course, plenty of Thrice and Juliana Theory.

I'm basically loving everything this forum hates.

Screw it I don't care. It's summer and I love the sharp thrills modern pop provides.

• Like 2

Have to put 21 pilots here. i could eat this post later but right now this album is just Horrendous.

Mick

Aww.

I also have been loving Rihanna's Loud, Rated R and Unapologetic alongside Justin Bieber's latest and of course, plenty of Thrice and Juliana Theory.

Screw it I don't care. It's summer and I love the sharp thrills modern pop provides.

I've got a Queen album for you Segue. The most hated one in their discog, Hot Space. You might like it...

• Like 2

Mick

Aww.

I've got a Queen album for you Segue. The most hated one in their discog, Hot Space. You might like it...

Haha I will try it soon!

I still think the first three Queen albums are classics.

• Like 1