Popular Artists you just don't like

Have to put 21 pilots here. i could eat this post later but right now this album is just Horrendous.

I haven't been this annoyed in a LONG time, lol

Mick

Aww.

Well...I absolutely adore it and I've been living it for two weeks!

I also have been loving Rihanna's Loud, Rated R and Unapologetic alongside Justin Bieber's latest and of course, plenty of Thrice and Juliana Theory.

I'm basically loving everything this forum hates.

Screw it I don't care. It's summer and I love the sharp thrills modern pop provides.

I've got a Queen album for you Segue. The most hated one in their discog, Hot Space. You might like it...

Haha I will try it soon!

I still think the first three Queen albums are classics.

Awesome! They certainly are, as well as the next 12 :P

Have to put 21 pilots here. i could eat this post later but right now this album is just Horrendous.

Mick

Aww.

I also have been loving Rihanna's Loud, Rated R and Unapologetic alongside Justin Bieber's latest and of course, plenty of Thrice and Juliana Theory.

Screw it I don't care. It's summer and I love the sharp thrills modern pop provides.

I've got a Queen album for you Segue. The most hated one in their discog, Hot Space. You might like it...

Haha I will try it soon!

When I return to them, I will pick up from the fourth record.

• Like 1

Mick

Aww.

Haha I will try it soon!

Ah, my favorite. Well, for me, please stick with them through Hot Space, though it's a ways off from ANATO. Honestly I think HS might be something you're really into, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Mick

Aww.

oh he just would, wouldn't he :laughing guy:

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

Aww.

Haha I will try it soon!

Ah, my favorite. Well, for me, please stick with them through Hot Space, though it's a ways off from ANATO. Honestly I think HS might be something you're really into, but I could be wrong.

Sure! I am looking forward to trying more Queen!

Even if I am not mad on them I find it fun listening to music "outside my comfort zone". Although both Queen and Meat Loaf fit my tastes haha!

• Like 1

Mick

Aww.

Mick

You know me haha!

• Like 2

Mick

Aww.

Mick

You know me haha!

i could just hear you......this beat's any 70's queen this is the band they should be. Hate me.......This and fifth Harmony will keep me warm.

lol

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

Aww.

Mick

You know me haha!

i could just hear you......this beat's any 70's queen this is the band they should be. Hate me.......This and fifth Harmony will keep me warm.

lol

Mick

I love Fifth Harmony. Car crash TV live performances and all! I came for Dinah and will follow her career always.

Gorgeous girl.

Totally not ashamed. I'm as sick of prog right now as many of you guys must be me reading about my tastes haha!

716b76377c0673f9920a6b8e9f365244.jpg

Edited by Segue Myles

Mick

Aww.

Mick

You know me haha!

lol

Mick

:LOL:

I didn't know you were a prophet, Mick!

• Like 2

Falling In Reverse

Ice Nine Kills

Walked past these two at the Warped Tour the other day and a heard about a song each. Hated it.

How can you call them popular? No one has ever heard of them.

Teenagers love them. I don't. They're not very popular on the forum, though.

It amazes me how many classic rock fans over thirty overlook that skater music and Vans tour bands are known by pretty much every alternative kid on the planet.

Falling In Reverse are HUGE in the alternative music scene.

A different audience. And a massize one.

Both these bands are poor to me as well.

It's like Thrice. They are seen as one of the most influential bands on the punk/hardcore scene but because they never hit the radio most don't realise half what they play is directly inspired by them.

Segue, I am confused by your Thrice statement .. There is nothing punk or hardcore about them - regardless of what they claim influenced them ..

Yes, I am over thirty, and there is nothing about Thrice that is appealing .. Probably because this is what I grew up liking and seeing as punk / hardcore

Punk, in my world, has nothing to do with corporate festival tours

If you think that then sadly the modern scene is lost on you.

Which is fine I guess.

One of the greatest bands ever.

I think I've made the fact clear that, regardless of genre or era, if it connects with me, I will enjoy it

Thankfully, Vektor, Anekdoten, Skull Daze, AKB48, Ray Lamontagne, Nightwish, etc are not lost with me

Sorry I was referring to the modern hardcore/punk scene. Thrice are of a group of many great bands referred to as post-hardcore. A style that was at its peak around ten years ago and that has left a huge marl on modern rock and metal.

They are a phenomenal band. Very intelligent and critics as well as musicians fawn over them more than the masses. Which is fine. They never once sold out or tried to write a breakthrough hit.

Segue, I think the age aspect is a factor, as anyone who was around when hardcore - or even simply punk - sprung up would probably not see anything remotely hardcore about Thrice ..

This is not intended to be condescending or critical, as I love a diverse range of music, but Thrice have more in common with One Direction than any hardcore band

Again, I don't want to come off as critical, and should just leave well enough alone, but that's not punk or hardcore in any shape or form - per, during or post

For what it's worth..........i really don't have a problem with Rerushed I just have a massive headache today and no patiance so don't mind me.

Mick

It's probably all that crappy music you listen too! :unsure: :banana: :madra: :hi: :cheers:

I guess you succeeded in pushing him to give Cheap Trick another try :)

Frank Zappa, unsurprisingly, didn't like a whole lot of rock bands / musicians. When he stated this, he'd be often asked, "what about The Beatles!?" to which he'd respond:

"I like a few songs of theirs, but on the whole I don't enjoy them."

If Frank Zappa were just be your average TRF member rather than a successful musician, he'd be labelled by most as an arrogant moron rather than a genius.

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

Mick, you playing the opinion card was lame, and you know this as well as I do (hell, you already admitted it was a lame response and you simply used it because you didn't wanted to bothered at the time. Unfortunately for you, it's only ended up making this worse!)...

Cheap Trick bland dance rock? No, they are slightly more technical than that. ;)

With this in mind, you could certainly still criticize them as not being talented, technical, or interesting enough without a problem... They weren't "all that" and you can justify not liking them without getting slammed by RR. I believe in you! :yes:

The main thing you're up against here is Rick Nielsen, who's a great guitarist... But great guitarists are a dime a dozen, honestly. "Anyone Can Play Guitar"

The vulnerable point you can attack is their songwriting and compositions, as those are indeed straightforward ones of pop rock nature.

• Like 1

Falling In Reverse

Ice Nine Kills

Walked past these two at the Warped Tour the other day and a heard about a song each. Hated it.

How can you call them popular? No one has ever heard of them.

Teenagers love them. I don't. They're not very popular on the forum, though.

It amazes me how many classic rock fans over thirty overlook that skater music and Vans tour bands are known by pretty much every alternative kid on the planet.

Falling In Reverse are HUGE in the alternative music scene.

A different audience. And a massize one.

Both these bands are poor to me as well.

It's like Thrice. They are seen as one of the most influential bands on the punk/hardcore scene but because they never hit the radio most don't realise half what they play is directly inspired by them.

Segue, I am confused by your Thrice statement .. There is nothing punk or hardcore about them - regardless of what they claim influenced them ..

Yes, I am over thirty, and there is nothing about Thrice that is appealing .. Probably because this is what I grew up liking and seeing as punk / hardcore

Punk, in my world, has nothing to do with corporate festival tours

If you think that then sadly the modern scene is lost on you.

Which is fine I guess.

One of the greatest bands ever.

I think I've made the fact clear that, regardless of genre or era, if it connects with me, I will enjoy it

Thankfully, Vektor, Anekdoten, Skull Daze, AKB48, Ray Lamontagne, Nightwish, etc are not lost with me

Sorry I was referring to the modern hardcore/punk scene. Thrice are of a group of many great bands referred to as post-hardcore. A style that was at its peak around ten years ago and that has left a huge marl on modern rock and metal.

They are a phenomenal band. Very intelligent and critics as well as musicians fawn over them more than the masses. Which is fine. They never once sold out or tried to write a breakthrough hit.

Segue, I think the age aspect is a factor, as anyone who was around when hardcore - or even simply punk - sprung up would probably not see anything remotely hardcore about Thrice ..

This is not intended to be condescending or critical, as I love a diverse range of music, but Thrice have more in common with One Direction than any hardcore band

Again, I don't want to come off as critical, and should just leave well enough alone, but that's not punk or hardcore in any shape or form - per, during or post

Funny thing is they've been around for nearly two decades and you are the first person I have ever known familiar with hardcore to dislike them this much or say anything like this.

Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

21 Pilots

Rhianna

JB

Sorry, Segue

I am cut up over this...

Jk Jk!

• Like 1

f.u.n.

Gah awful.

It's probably why i don't like 21 ilots. Aside from the rapping. the sound is similar.

so i looked it up same record label. i don't know if that has any bearing on the sound. but if it does.........this label sucks.

Mick

• Like 1

f.u.n.

Gah awful.

It's probably why i don't like 21 ilots. Aside from the rapping. the sound is similar.

so i looked it up same record label. i don't know if that has any bearing on the sound. but if it does.........this label sucks.

Mick

I don't like FUN either.

But I remember the first time I heard them I said to myself the front man must be a huge Lindsey Buckingham fan and the album felt a lot like Tusk in spirit.

And then months later I discovered they were his two biggest influences. His vocals are very Buckingham.

Actually I sort of do like them. Same as Panic At The Disco or Fall Out Boy, they have their place in my music collection, and I enjoy them from time to time.

• Like 2

f.u.n.

Gah awful.

Mick

I don't like FUN either.

But I remember the first time I heard them I said to myself the front man must be a huge Lindsey Buckingham fan and the album felt a lot like Tusk in spirit.

And then months later I discovered they were his two biggest influences. His vocals are very Buckingham.

Actually I sort of do like them. Same as Panic At The Disco or Fall Out Boy, they have their place in my music collection, and I enjoy them from time to time.

Funny i hear Freddie Mercury in him.

never heard Buckingham at all.

nate's got good pipes. but man are they wasted.

Mick

• Like 1

f.u.n.

Gah awful.

Mick

I don't like FUN either.

Mick

I agree on the label. I absolutely adore 21 Pilots but let's not make it a big issue haha! But the label seems to be focused on style over substance. I enjoy a lot of the bands, great party music and nearly all the bands are fun live.

• Like 2

f.u.n.

Gah awful.

Mick

I don't like FUN either.

Mick

I agree on the label. I absolutely adore 21 Pilots but let's not make it a big issue haha! But the label seems to be focused on style over substance. I enjoy a lot of the bands, great party music and nearly all the bands are fun live.

that label amonst music nuts is like super infamous, lol

it's an avoid at all coasts llabel........so when i looked it up. i was like well there you go that explains it, lol

Mick