The Wreckers is the most skippable track on CA.

Alchemical

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not bad per se, but I'm certainly not big on it musically or lyrically. But I'm still at a point where I'm not skipping anything (except the utterly pointless BU2B2). Edited by NYM86

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 1 2012, 12:14 AM)
I would say The Wreckers, Seven Cities of Gold, and Wish them Well are the 3 most skippable for me

That being said, the skippables on this album are still light years better than the skippables on their last 3 albums.

I'll definitely second that!

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 1 2012, 12:04 AM)
QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 30 2012, 09:53 PM)
It's just... a bit repetitive for my taste.

It's my least favorite track on the album, at least BU2B2 keeps the pain short.

How many names are you going to have, dude? laugh.gif

The Wreckers isn't one of my favorite songs on the album, but I do enjoy it and haven't ever skipped it.

BU2B2 is really the only track I view as skippable. I like it lyrically and appreciate the role it plays in the story, and I don't dislike the idea of a low-key transitional piece connecting Headlong Flight and Wish Them Well; but I don't like how the band executed it. It's so short, though, that hitting skip is hardly worth the effort.

I never skip tracks anyway. I just put on an album and listen to it.

laugh.gif You guys are nuts but I suppose that everyone is different. The Wreckers is my favourite track besides HEADLONG FLIGHT and THE GARDEN. I love the catchy melodies and Geddy's vocals are great.

trink39.gif

Wow, it's one of my favorites - musically and lyrically. Kinda odd starting off a depressing topic with major chords, but I can't find any other fault. I love the line "sometimes the target is you". Wish the solo wouldn't have faded so fast, but I think that adds some emotional impact - almost like the guitar drowns at the end...

It's in my top 3 favs for CA

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jul 1 2012, 04:13 AM)
QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Jul 1 2012, 05:01 PM)
I think it's one of the better tracks on CA.

Aye, sure is yes.gif

Me, too. "The Wreckers" is in my top four.

Repetitive? Simple? Maybe so... but on a Rush album where catchy choruses and good vocal melodies have finally made a strong return, "The Wreckers" is one of the strongest in terms of catchy choruses and good vocal melodies!

Most skippable? "Halo Effect." Snoozers!

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 1 2012, 12:08 AM)
Halo Effect for me.....closely followed by Wish Them Well....

If any are "skipable", then yes.gif .

First off OP, I commend you on finding a way to discuss the track as "most skippable" instead of calling it "dog shit" or some other descriptors that so many others would have used. That's a constructive way to put it.

And yes I agree with you. To me The Wreckers, despite being a decent track, is the most "skippable" on the album for me at least.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (spock @ Jul 1 2012, 06:37 AM)
Wow, it's one of my favorites - musically and lyrically. Kinda odd starting off a depressing topic with major chords, but I can't find any other fault. I love the line "sometimes the target is you". Wish the solo wouldn't have faded so fast, but I think that adds some emotional impact - almost like the guitar drowns at the end...

It's in my top 3 favs for CA

I'm with Spock. I love everything about except the major chord intro

trink39.gif