The Wreckers is the most skippable track on CA.

Alchemical

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by skippable you mean one of the best songs on the album and a truly great track, then yes, The Wreckers is "skippable." wink.gif

The Wreckers should have easily been the first single - catchy, accessible - a great, great latter day Rush track. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 1 2012, 12:11 PM)
If by skippable you mean one of the best songs on the album and a truly great track, then yes, The Wreckers is "skippable." wink.gif

The Wreckers should have easily been the first single - catchy, accessible - a great, great latter day Rush track. yes.gif

+1

2.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 1 2012, 03:10 AM)
Christ no, nothing wrong with catchy, hook-laden songs in my book. I love it. But, for balance and atonal kudos I play Schoenberg and Bartok for 3.12 hours after every listen. huh.gif

biggrin.gif I'm not the only one!!

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jul 1 2012, 09:25 AM)
I like The Wreckers just fine.

I only skip BU2B2.

I have even developed a taste for Wish Them Well, which I didn't like that much at first.

BU2B2 is definitely the only obvious skippable tracks.

In time, I might start to skip Halo Effect, but for now I don't - it's a very good song, just not as good as everything else on the album outside of BU2B2.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 1 2012, 12:49 PM)
yes i hit the skip button for the wreckers. i can't believe people are saying this could song should be another single. it's boring, repetitive, and annoying all at once.

yes, and since when are most fans concerned with singles? does it really matter?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 1 2012, 11:11 AM)

agreeed. yes.gif

One of my top 3 tunes on CA.

An amazing chorus. A visual feast of a song. Quite frankly I rank this chorus a top 10 chorus for Rush.

All Time. It's that good.

So far I'm not skipping anything. In fact I probably won't ever skip songs when I play the album in order (this holds true for most albums for me).

However this is one of the songs that probably won't make it into my "4 star" shuffle, along with Halo Effect, Carnies, WtW, and BU2B. The Garden may not make it in that list either.

Note that this playlist include music by all artists on my iPod and if I was including based on quality of song alone Carnies, The Garden, and The Wreckers would probably make it in, but I grade Rush on a stricter scale to prevent them from dominating the playlist smile.gif. It doesn't make a lot of sense to create a playlist with a bunch of different artists and have every third song be Rush. . .

The only song I occasionally skip is BU2B.

I've heard it hundreds of times and saw it live 7 times on the TM tour.

Everything else is fresh and new..

I'm not skipping Caravan simply because I really like the new mix and not skipping anything else because, well.. it's new and I'm still learning it all.

Dont agree. Although it's not very original or all that different from what bands like Foo Fighters are doing, to me it's one of the few songs with a catchy chorus melody, and Im a sucker for those so Im fine with it. I dont skip it.

When I hear the beginning of the song it takes me somewhere....a pirate raid ain't that place,however, I enjoy the song. Much like moonshine...it's a preference thing. I look at it from a musical standpoint, as a musician who can play a ton of the rush catalog, the transition from a sprightly sounding intro....to getting drilled by pirates type dark toned groove just sounds awkward and forced to me. That being said...they have other songs that have fit the same bill so to speak. They grew on me over time.

2.gif