Have you cooled on CA yet?

zappafrank

I think I have. sad.gif I listened to it 3 times the 1st day I got it, then a few times after that, and I think I burned myself out. This has happened before with me, where I get so into an album that I immerse myself in it, but then peter out. I'm not getting the rush (...) as when I 1st heard it. I think I'm also picking up on why some people aren't so pleased with it sonically.

I can still consider it one of Rush's best albums, but at the moment it's more as a statement of "fact" (popular opinion) than current experience.

I even put on VT last week and it blew me away after sitting dormant for a while, to the point where I was saying to myself, "F the new album, people need to stop hating on VT!"

I'll turn in my fan badge whenever you want me to. sad.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cranked it for the first time in my Truck today, and I really noticed how bad the production is. Especially the mixing.....at a loud volume it certainly doesn't sound too good. It's an very good system too....

QUOTE (bluefox4000 @ Jun 26 2012, 06:19 PM)
at my 20th-something listen....it's still a middle of the pack album for me. Sorry confused13.gif

Mick

same here, except I've listened to it probably 5 or 6 times....

I haven't cooled on it at all, but I am giving it a rest for a bit. I've played it so much that I've stopped really paying attention to it. Need to give it a week or two off and then see what fresh ears can discover.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 26 2012, 07:21 PM)
QUOTE (bluefox4000 @ Jun 26 2012, 06:19 PM)
at my 20th-something listen....it's still a middle of the pack album for me.  Sorry confused13.gif

Mick

same here, except I've listened to it probably 5 or 6 times....

Lol...i'm REALLY trying . There are standout tracks....of course. As an album.....not jelling.

Mick

No. I wake up in the morning with one of the songs stuck in my head. Great LP all the way. Have not been excited like this since CP. Edited by robertrobyn

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 26 2012, 07:14 PM)
I cranked it for the first time in my Truck today, and I really noticed how bad the production is. Especially the mixing.....at a loud volume it certainly doesn't sound too good. It's an very good system too....

I re-EQ'd it just a hair on my audio editor and it sounds not just good but great. Huge difference.

Q: Have you cooled on CA yet?

A: No. Why would I? It's freekin' GREAT.... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Loving the music throughout, and listening whenever I get the opportunity. I usually skip Caravan and Headlong Flight, oddly, so I guess that's a cooling of sorts. The vocals & lyrics are still hit and miss for me.

Man, you know here is why I check in and out of these forums.

Seriously - maybe it's my old age of 42, but I remember a day not long ago when I didn't have to check in and make sure I was or was not enjoying music enough...

QUOTE (eshine @ Jun 27 2012, 02:24 AM)
Man, you know here is why I check in and out of these forums.

Seriously - maybe it's my old age of 42, but I remember a day not long ago when I didn't have to check in and make sure I was or was not enjoying music enough...

rofl3.gif

Well, the tunes are starting to settle into their "roles" for me. Now I have a pretty good idea of which ones are going to be favorites of mine for the long haul, which ones have fantastic parts that I'll always be excited to hear, which ones I'll be perfectly fine with listening to whenever the album is on, and which ones I won't really care about hearing from this point forward. At first, everything was new and exciting or at least seemed worthy of being given a chance, but now I have a clearer view of how the track list truly breaks down for me. I still love the record and still believe it compares very favorably with many of Rush's previous efforts, so in those respects, I haven't cooled on it at all. Edited by Cyclonus X-1

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Jun 26 2012, 07:10 PM)
I think I have. sad.gif I listened to it 3 times the 1st day I got it, then a few times after that, and I think I burned myself out. This has happened before with me, where I get so into an album that I immerse myself in it, but then peter out. I'm not getting the rush (...) as when I 1st heard it. I think I'm also picking up on why some people aren't so pleased with it sonically.

I can still consider it one of Rush's best albums, but at the moment it's more as a statement of "fact" (popular opinion) than current experience.

I even put on VT last week and it blew me away after sitting dormant for a while, to the point where I was saying to myself, "F the new album, people need to stop hating on VT!"

I'll turn in my fan badge whenever you want me to. sad.gif

no.gif I f**king well haven't

wacko.gif

common001.gif