unpopular opinions?

beherit

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 21 2012, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 21 2012, 11:39 AM)
So it seems I have now found the pinnacle of unpopular opinions, eh?

Hey, if you've given songs like "A Day in the Life", "Strawberry Fields Forever", "Penny Lane", "Paperback Writer", "Rain", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and "Hey Jude" a chance and sincerely don't like them, that's fine. Personally, I find it hard to believe there isn't, at least, one Beatles song you like.

Strangely, I like one or two of their songs when bands I like cover them, but not the original versions. Sting's rendition of A Day in the LIfe, for example, is quite cool, but I can't stand the original.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 21 2012, 11:57 PM)
QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Jun 21 2012, 09:53 PM)
Guns and Roses, the most overrated band ever. tongue.gif

No, that particular honor goes to Nirvana.

F*ck you Gooby, The Story of Simon Simopath is wonderful, no matter what you say.

QUOTE (t2s @ Jun 21 2012, 11:59 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 21 2012, 11:57 PM)

F*ck you Gooby, The Story of Simon Simopath is wonderful, no matter what you say.

laugh.gif

The OTHER Nirvana! tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 22 2012, 01:57 AM)

Nirvana was garbage, no doubt. But at least I did not have to hear it millions of times biggrin.gif

more of a dead heat here...

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 22 2012, 01:58 AM)

yes.gif trink39.gif

Yes, they are. Alice In Chains was responsible for the Seatlle scene blowing up like it did in the early 90s not Nirvana. AIC's first album came out and was successful a year before Nevermind came out. AIC got everyone's attention on the grunge movement first and all the other bands followed.

QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Jun 22 2012, 03:44 AM)

Nirvana was garbage, no doubt. But at least I did not have to hear it millions of times biggrin.gif

haha did you not turn on a TV or radio in the 90s?

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 22 2012, 11:37 AM)
QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Jun 22 2012, 03:44 AM)

haha did you not turn on a TV or radio in the 90s?

Hardly ever in the early nineties biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jun 22 2012, 08:32 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 22 2012, 09:26 PM)
i like jazz fusion more than jazz

It's the same damn thing, man! laugh.gif

yeah that was kinda "I have no more unpopular opinions but I'm bored so I wanna post something so I'll say this..."

I like show no mercy and hell awaits more than reign in blood...

I like Opeth's My Arms Your Hearse and Still Life more than Blackwater Park, but I still think Damnation is their best album.

I didn't really like Sonata Arctica's previous album, The Days of Grays at all; The Last Amazing Greys was a stellar track but the rest of the album didn't do much for me. Loved their earlier stuff, Reckoning Night's still their best album IMO. I know at lot of their fans hate this one, but I liked Unia, it had more of a heavier feel than Days of Grays which I liked, and I think Caleb's one of their best tracks ever.

Here's something a lot of Dream Theater fans hate. I love Mike Portnoy, I think he's one of the most talented drummers in rock/metal, and I know the vast majority of fans are still upset about his departure from the band, but I couldn't stand the way he handled the DT split/Avenged Sevenfold drama.

My girlfriend made me listen to Maroon 5's first album....... AND I DIDN'T HATE IT (I didn't like it either, but I was very surprised I didn't hate it)

Frank Zappa is a genius, and he's easily one of the most important musicians of the 20th century

I don't like The Police or The Beatles (though I respect both)

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the following: AC DC, Aerosmith, Bob Marley, Bon Jovi, all hair metal, The Eagles, Kiss, The Rolling Stones, Van Halen, U2

Nirvana is one of the worst bands I've ever listened to (I actually used to be a big fan)

Van der Graaf Generator is one of the best bands I've ever listened to (I can't believe it took me this long to discover them)

probably not uncommon, but I absolutely loathe Travis Barker

John Mayer wastes his talent. He could be way better than the 'mainstream love songs' thing he's got going on.

Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews, and Phish all kinda suck cool10.gif

I'm not a big fan of rock music; I prefer Jazz, Classical, and Prog.

"Rock Stars" are my least favorite people on Earth.

The Doors' lyrics aren't as good as people say they are. However, Bob Dylan's lyrics are great.

I HATE LOVE SONGS, and other topics that anyone can relate to. If anyone can relate to it, that means anyone could have written it.

Tool is brilliant.

I FREAKIN' LOVE Gentle Giant

I also love most other prog bands.

Buddy Rich>Gene Krupa

Santana is overrated

Primus is an amazing band

I don't understand all the Porcupine Tree love (I like them, but not nearly as much as most of the people on this forum)

Thick As A Brick is one of my favorite songs ever despite its length, not because of it. (Thick As A Brick>A Passion Play)

Jimi Hendrix wasn't much of a musician (but he was a stellar artist. fantastic artist)

Did I mention I dislike The Beatles? tongue.gif

rantoff.gif

QUOTE (Queslington @ Jun 23 2012, 02:04 PM)
My girlfriend made me listen to Maroon 5's first album....... AND I DIDN'T HATE IT (I didn't like it either, but I was very surprised I didn't hate it)

Frank Zappa is a genius, and he's easily one of the most important musicians of the 20th century

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the following: AC DC, Aerosmith, Bob Marley, Bon Jovi, all hair metal, The Eagles, Kiss, The Rolling Stones, Van Halen, U2

Nirvana is one of the worst bands I've ever listened to (I actually used to be a big fan)

Van der Graaf Generator is one of the best bands I've ever listened to (I can't believe it took me this long to discover them)

John Mayer wastes his talent. He could be way better than the 'mainstream love songs' thing he's got going on.

Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews, and Phish all kinda suck cool10.gif

The Doors' lyrics aren't as good as people say they are. However, Bob Dylan's lyrics are great.

I HATE LOVE SONGS, and other topics that anyone can relate to. If anyone can relate to it, that means anyone could have written it.

Tool is brilliant.

Buddy Rich>Gene Krupa

Santana is overrated

I don't understand all the Porcupine Tree love (I like them, but not nearly as much as most of the people on this forum)

Thick As A Brick is one of my favorite songs ever despite its length, not because of it. (Thick As A Brick>A Passion Play)

Jimi Hendrix wasn't much of a musician (but he was a stellar artist. fantastic artist)

rantoff.gif

You sound like a barrel of laughs..

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 23 2012, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE (Queslington @ Jun 23 2012, 02:04 PM)

Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews, and Phish all kinda suck  cool10.gif

Tool is brilliant.

Buddy Rich>Gene Krupa

Santana is overrated

Thick As A Brick is one of my favorite songs ever despite its length, not because of it.    (Thick As A Brick>A Passion Play)

rantoff.gif

You sound like a barrel of laughs..

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Queslington @ Jun 23 2012, 12:04 PM)

Buddy Rich > Gene Krupa

Agreed here trink39.gif

(mildly, that is. I don't throw around the words hate/love like you do tongue.gif )

QUOTE (Queslington @ Jun 23 2012, 12:04 PM)

I don't like [The Police or] The Beatles (though I respect both)

Diagreed here.

hockey.gif

I like The Beatles, but don't respect John Lennon much at all, as a person that is. I looked into his little hippy philosophies and all that, and I don't see how anyone can find him intelligent. Inspirational, maybe... He's really just another dreamer. The rest of the guys, I do have some respect for.

Jimi Hendrix was a great musician. There's no denying that, sorry! wink.gif

Edited by Ovningskora