How long before you get back to your old routine?

Gilbertk

Usually for me when I get a new album, that's all I listen to by the band for a few weeks, then the older work slips back up and the new album is part of the whole?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Usually for me when I get a new album, that's all I listen to by the band for a few weeks, then the older work slips back up and the new album is part of the whole?

• Doesn't happen. I listen
    • Just one day
    • A few days
    • A week or two
    • Around a month
    • Over one month
    • I'll never listen to the old material again

I guess it all depends how much i like it . I f i like CA i will listen till the cows come home, if i don't ? It finds a new home next to Feedback and S&A laugh.gif

about a week or two. Though, I should say that Headlong Flight has been in regular rotation along with the old stuff. I am sure Clockwork Angels, Seven Cities, and The Wreckers will be in regular rotation as well.

a month or so. But I always listen to other music as well, so other bands fit in with Ru.. clockwork angels.

This is the first new studio album release for me since I became a fan, so I'm in uncharted territory here. We'll see how it goes, but as for yesterday, it was basically all I played. I don't think I've ever listened to an album or any songs that many times in one day.

Well, I've already listened to CA 5 times now and honestly I think I'm ready to give it a break.

I'll probably give it another listen when I actually buy the album, but besides that I am going back to my normal routine.

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Jun 5 2012, 03:43 PM)
This is the first new studio album release for me since I became a fan, so I'm in uncharted territory here. We'll see how it goes, but as for yesterday, it was basically all I played. I don't think I've ever listened to an album or any songs that many times in one day.

Same here

I've listened to music much more since this album came out. I listened to CA a few times last night, then played Hemispheres. I'm going to have a mix of a dominant Clockwork Angels and other music randomly mixed in. So I'd say a month?

when Snakes and Arrows came out I started playing it as background music at low volume as I slept at night. every night. one day I realized an entire year had gone by since it was released!

and I like this album a lot better so who knows!!

Maybe a couple more days. Ive listened to it like 10 times already. Ill give it a few more runs while driving and at the gym over the next couple days or so then go back to listening to other things, along with CA of course when I feel like it.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 5 2012, 02:30 PM)
I guess it all depends how much i like it . I f i like CA i will listen till the cows come home, if i don't ? It finds a new home next to Feedback and S&A laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Though I like S&A...this is certainly quote-worthy! wink.gif

CA is the only Rush I will listen to for the next few months. I can't say I never listen to the others, but certainly not in heavy rotation. There's alot of other music out there!

I've listened it six times now I guess.

Now I'm going to wait till I get my Fanpack. I just don't want to listen CA too much. I've already listened few songs so many times I just skip they pretty much always. And that's not a good thing imo.

Between the CD and the vinyl, I'll probably listen to nothing but the new album for a week or two. After that, I'll mix the old stuff back in, but still listen to CA a lot. Maybe a month before back to completely normal - I don't want to get burned out on the new album, because I'll be hearing songs from it a lot on tour this fall.

I'll actually be listening to Clockwork Angels for the next two months, then upon the first show I'll make two cds of the set list and start listening to that until the concert in November. So I won't be back to my regular listening schedule until November 4th!

ph34r.gif

I've been listening to the album every day, but I'm also listening to the older material too. I won't listen to the album a whole lot until I have the actual hard copy, since I know it will sound so much better. Right now I'm just getting a feel for the new music