• Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes & Arrows
    • None of the Above - every album is better than CA!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 5 2012, 03:09 AM)
Can it match the brand new MAROON 5 album though? unsure.gif

hey that maroon 5 guitarist is a serious rush head, i saw him on one of those mtv crib shows and his room was plastered with rush posters, had a powerwindows t-shirt on too i was well impressed smile.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the best album since sliced bread? (I hear that was quite popular)

Edited by Gompers

This poll really asks two questions. Obviously, how good is CA. But also, what is Rush's previous high water mark. Right now, I'm tempted by best since PoW, but I'm holding off until I have it and have listened multiple times. A lot o' folks are picking Counterparts (and that's fine, of course), but that ain't a fave of mine, so that wouldn't actually be a compliment from me.

I don't get why people are so quick to say it's their best album since "x". How can you even gauge something like that? It's the best since Power Windows? An album you've listened to well over 100 times? Thanks for letting everyone know the new Rush album isn't as good as Power Windows. It's that Big Money, isn't it? I knew it. Get's 'em every time. Been haunting Rush for a while. No matter what they do, they just can't seem to make material as high of quality as Big Money anymore. sarcasm.gif

I'm a huge fan of The Big Money, but come on. Would you really say to Geddy, well, I love the new album, but it's no Big Money.

QUOTE (CruisingInPrimetime @ Jun 5 2012, 01:51 PM)
I don't get why people are so quick to say it's their best album since "x". How can you even gauge something like that? It's the best since Power Windows? An album you've listened to well over 100 times? Thanks for letting everyone know the new Rush album isn't as good as Power Windows. It's that Big Money, isn't it? I knew it. Get's 'em every time. Been haunting Rush for a while. No matter what they do, they just can't seem to make material as high of quality as Big Money anymore. sarcasm.gif

I'm a huge fan of The Big Money, but come on. Would you really say to Geddy, well, I love the new album, but it's no Big Money.

Er, what?

Presto, easily. To beat Presto, CA would have to be a top 2 album, which, as awesome as it is, it is not.

But it still beats CP and TFE, which are both great too. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I voted S&A only because it is new. Typically, most things are better new until they get old.

The lack of an instrumental is really disappointing to me. I look forward to those much more than the vocals of Geddy.

Initial (well after a few days) reaction is p/g. That might just be new RUSH excitement talking though.

However, it's definitely better than VT and S&A and I loved both of those albums!! Also, it's far superior to T4E.

QUOTE (tas7 @ Jun 5 2012, 01:05 AM)
I have a close friend who has a week left to live, dying of cancer.The Garden made me bawl my eyes out.

I'm at a loss to offer any words of consolation, other than to tell you that I extend heartfelt condolences to you.

I've been listenting to a few different songs off the album, and have just now finished listening to it... in sequence.

IMHO, as of this listening....this is their best work since Moving Pictures. Without a doubt. There is just so much to take from this album, it's hard to know where to begin. It's very hard to describe how this album is reaching me. Rush albums always bring so much to my life, but this one brings more than most, in ways that other albums of theirs don't.

As for the Garden, it brings tears to my eyes... every... single.... time.

Presto for me. Presto is the only other post-Mercury album I can listen to all the way through.

Almost said Snakes.... I like Snakes but CA is a shade better, methinks.

I personally think Counterparts is overrated.

Edited by analog guy