Experiencing Clockwork Angels old school

eshine

While it is VERY tempting, I have not listened to a single clip (or even opened that thread) and have not read a single review or story about Clockwork Angels. All I know of the album are the three officially released tracks.

When I pop that puppy in on the 12th, it will be the first time in well over a decade that I haven't kind of spoiled the experience for myself - and I gotta tell ya, for me, it's a hell of a lot more fun this way.

Anyone else with me on this?

- I should also note that I could give two sh*ts what the haters have to say this time around - and this is coming from someone who has engaged in quite a few heated debates in defense of vitriol thrown at the band on the other boards through the years.

It just doesn't matter. At all.

Rush are releasing a brand new concept album and going on tour in the year 2012.

Celebrate the moment.

1022.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 1 2012, 03:37 PM)
For those of us who've listened to the tracks, I don't think I've seen any complaints.

Which is pretty awesome and makes me even more excited for this album !!

- and I'm not really talking about honest discussion but rather the plain meanspirited stuff designed to make fanbois like me get all in a tizzy LOL

not this time smile.gif

Well, you are a stronger man than I. No way that I could stay away from the clips...and I'll be all over the inevitable 90 second snippets that will pop up on iTunes sometime between now and the 12th.

I will, however, try to stay spoiler-free when it comes to the tour this fall. I'm seeing them in Chicago on 9/15, so will only need to hold out for a week.

im in the same boat, kind of. i haven't listened to Headlong flight besides for the 20 second video clip last month -that was enough for me, i might have shit my pants if i listened to any more of it. i haven't heard any of the 30 second walmart clips either. i have read the reviews and the track run-down by Alex, though in my experience reading those types of things don't really ruin the first listening experience for me. trink39.gif

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Jun 1 2012, 03:51 PM)
I will, however, try to stay spoiler-free when it comes to the tour this fall. I'm seeing them in Chicago on 9/15, so will only need to hold out for a week.

Sweet - I'll be at the Chicago show as well (I live there) but am also flying out to New Hampshire for opening night - which also happens to fall on mine and my Sisters birthday!

trink39.gif

I can learn to resist... anything but Walmart.com Rush clips. tongue.gif

Actually, I'm getting very close to "lockdown" mode myself. I listened to the clips and don't think they gave away too much, so I'm just about done.

As soon as CA is leaked, probably in the next few days, I'm going to avoid visiting TRF altogether. That's going to be TOUGH, but I really want to experience the full album on CD this time and not online. I'll by the CD locally and pre-order the vinyl this weekend. (Won't wait for the vinyl to listen, but I want to have it in hand that week.)

I also want to take a break from TRF to evaluate CA without being discouraged by the tsunami of negativity that's about to be unleashed. firedevil.gif Just like with every new album, DVD, setlist, etc. confused13.gif For any TRF newbies who haven't experienced this, be warned: it's coming. yes.gif

But I look forward to checking back in a few days later to find out how dissapointed Rushgoober is and how much Trenken and Tony R hate the album. wink.gif tongue.gif

Edited by They Bow Defeated

Well you guys can have fun waiting.. the rest of us will dive head first into anything that comes out..

I tried to do that with Coldplay, and I just flat out failed. So yep..

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 1 2012, 04:58 PM)
As soon as CA is leaked, probably in the next few days, I'm going to avoid visiting TRF altogether. That's going to be TOUGH, but I really want to experience the full album on CD this time and not online.

This sounds like a good idea yes.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 1 2012, 06:09 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 1 2012, 04:58 PM)
As soon as CA is leaked, probably in the next few days, I'm going to avoid visiting TRF altogether.  That's going to be TOUGH, but I really want to experience the full album on CD this time and not online.

This sounds like a good idea yes.gif

+1

QUOTE (eshine @ Jun 1 2012, 03:36 PM)
While it is VERY tempting, I have not listened to a single clip (or even opened that thread) and have not read a single review or story about Clockwork Angels. All I know of the album are the three officially released tracks.

When I pop that puppy in on the 12th, it will be the first time in well over a decade that I haven't kind of spoiled the experience for myself - and I gotta tell ya, for me, it's a hell of a lot more fun this way.

- I should also note that I could give two sh*ts what the haters have to say this time around - and this is coming from someone who has engaged in quite a few heated debates in defense of vitriol thrown at the band on the other boards through the years.

Rush are releasing a brand new concept album and going on tour in the year 2012.

Celebrate the moment.

1022.gif

This is my plan.

I'll pick it up this Friday night and enjoy it the whole weekend....

That is if the fan pack, which was supposedly shipped, doesn't get here on Friday.

QUOTE (eshine @ Jun 1 2012, 03:36 PM)

Celebrate the moment.

1022.gif

I know you, you're a damn song clip maniac! tongue.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jun 1 2012, 10:49 PM)
yeah i'm staying away from the clips too. album is right around the corner so i might as well listen to the songs as a whole...

+1

I have only listened to the 3 songs that were released and it's staying that way until june 12th , Old School 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 4 2012, 12:12 PM)
I have only listened to the 3 songs that were released and it's staying that way until june 12th , Old School 1022.gif

I've listened to the :30 clips, but won't download the leaks. I'll wait until next week when I buy the CD. Then I'll bring it home and blast it over my big speakers, the way you're supposed to.

I'm not looking for the leak too. I don't want to listen to the crappy 192kbps mp3 files. I want the full experience of the CD or the vinyl!!! So, waiting continues - old school!!! 1022.gif