Walmart.com

Rush-O-Matic

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ May 31 2012, 05:25 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ May 31 2012, 05:20 PM)
Just checked RIAB and it looks like this is still a Rush Forum exclusive! trink39.gif

Well, I was so excited to find these, that I posted it at Counterparts and emailed Ed at RIAB, too. So, um . . . sorry, I couldn't contain myself.

I mean, I wasn't rubbing the clips on my genitals like, ahem, some others around here or anything.

1022.gif

1022.gif

doh.gif Yup, RIAB has it now. I should have grabbed a screenshot, but they didn't have it when I checked.

You guys must have a better musical ear than me because I can never tell much from 30 second clips. I'm not sure how some of you are hearing so much with these short samples? The biggest thing I took away from the clips was how good the riff to Carnies sounds. Other than that I can't say anything until I hear the full songs.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2012, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (KidGloves @ May 31 2012, 05:54 PM)
Is it possible for someone to download them and upload them on Mediafire or similar sites?

Sorry to those who can't listen to the streams, but please, no posting links to hard copies of these clips. Even though they're only 30 seconds long, we still can't share them here. Find a way to listen to the clips on Walmart or Amazon or whatever.

Would it be okay if I posted the links directly to the .asf files on Walmart's server? It might be preferable to working with the web page. People can load the files in a media player and play them directly.

Interesting question. They're on Walmart's server, but will those links allow people to download the clips (as opposed to playing them straight from Walmart's site)?

Tell you what -- post a link to the "Caravan" clip and we'll see how it works.

Anyone else notice how high Geddy's voice gets near the end of the Wish Them Well clip?

Anyway, I love all of these! wub.gif 1022.gif

It almost sounds like Headlong Flight will be blown away by some of these songs...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2012, 04:51 PM)
Is it possible for someone to download them and upload them on Mediafire or similar sites?

Sorry to those who can't listen to the streams, but please, no posting links to hard copies of these clips. Even though they're only 30 seconds long, we still can't share them here. Find a way to listen to the clips on Walmart or Amazon or whatever.

Would it be okay if I posted the links directly to the .asf files on Walmart's server? It might be preferable to working with the web page. People can load the files in a media player and play them directly.

Interesting question. They're on Walmart's server, but will those links allow people to download the clips (as opposed to playing them straight from Walmart's site)?

Here ya go:

http://music.walmart.com/g2demand/000/16/8...2.01.01.001.asf

Edited by danielmclark

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 06:59 PM)

Here ya go:

With that link, even though I now have an .asf file on my desktop, it doesn't look like the actual 30 second clip. It's only 4kb, and I couldn't play it on any of my media players. Anyone getting anything different?

QUOTE (RushBowler2112 @ May 31 2012, 06:01 PM)
I almost hear some Working at Perfekt on the Wreckers. Nice!

Listening to the clips again, I think The Wreckers may have me the most excited. Somehow it reminds me, in a good way tongue.gif , of late 80's Rush or maybe it is Ged's album that I'm thinking of. Anyway, great melody, vocal, lyrics, and upbeat vibe.

But, interestingly, I think this is the track that takes a dark or dramatic turn, where they bring in the Taurus pedals (from Alex's interview). Presumably this is when there's a shipwreck or the Wreckers attack the hero's steamship (?) as he heads out to sea. I think this was illustrated in one of the leaked Hugh Syme paintings.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear the full track! trink36.gif

Wow! That was a wonderful and frustrating experience.

Many of the songs sound different.... different is good!

Anyway, very promising - the production sounds REALLY COOL - it's a bit frustrating not hearing much lyrically yet. The only thing I immediately didn't care for was what I head with BU2B2 - not crazy about the singing or the lyrics (even though much of it was hard to discern) - otherwise, VERY promising! trink39.gif

Done listening for now, I'm very excited -- it's going to be a long 12 days.

I love how the story seems to build with intensity, but then ends in a very reflective manner.

Dare I say, Moving Pictures 2.

(is that like calling a no-hitter in 7th)

I can't get them to play at all. Keep getting a "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file" pop-up window every time I try.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2012, 05:11 PM)

Here ya go:

With that link, even though I now have an .asf file on my desktop, it doesn't look like the actual 30 second clip. It's only 4kb, and I couldn't play it on any of my media players. Anyone getting anything different?

I noticed that, too. I think the .asf file is just a pointer to a server file confused13.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2012, 12:11 AM)

Here ya go:

Doesn't play on VLC. The original link opens in VLC on my iPad.

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 31 2012, 06:11 PM)
I've still not heard the clips but I don't really like all these references to My Favorite Headache. Not a bad album but hardly what I'm looking for in the new RUSH album...

wacko.gif

Check out the clips! trink36.gif Seriously, they don't give away much at all, really mostly teasers.

Resistance is futile... tongue.gif

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 31 2012, 06:14 PM)
Done listening for now, I'm very excited -- it's going to be a long 12 days.

I love how the story seems to build with intensity, but then ends in a very reflective manner.

Dare I say, Moving Pictures 2.

(is that like calling a no-hitter in 7th)

Moving Pictures 2? You mean as far as quality? Not ready to go that far but sounds promising for sure. Best since the 80's is looking like a possibility.