Walmart.com

Rush-O-Matic

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2012, 04:32 PM)
I think Treeduck would agree..."Carnies" is METAL. 1022.gif

I've not caved in yet, in fact I've only just found out about this thread. I saw Walmart.com earlier and my eyes glazed over before I read anymore...

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 31 2012, 05:14 PM)
I think Treeduck would agree..."Carnies" is METAL.  1022.gif

I've not caved in yet, in fact I've only just found out about this thread. I saw Walmart.com earlier and my eyes glazed over before I read anymore...

biggrin.gif

Different for Alex

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 31 2012, 06:14 PM)
I think Treeduck would agree..."Carnies" is METAL.  1022.gif

biggrin.gif

Cave! At least for the "Carnies" clip. yes.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 31 2012, 05:14 PM)
To me this sounds like a very dark record. And that's a good thing. The dark GUP is one of my favs.

It does have a dark feel to it... almost in a mysterious kind of way.

Someone on another board said the clips sound very....ENGLISH. And I agree. Hear the Floyd-isms abounding. Some British pop too.

Not British, but The Wreckers guitar intro could be a Foo Fighters intro and then some very Rush-like strumming begins.

Thanks for the link.....

Love the Anarchist riff....drum intro as well...

They all sound great.

You can hear all the instruments...

Roll on June 12th.....

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2012, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (KidGloves @ May 31 2012, 05:54 PM)
Is it possible for someone to download them and upload them on Mediafire or similar sites?

Sorry to those who can't listen to the streams, but please, no posting links to hard copies of these clips. Even though they're only 30 seconds long, we still can't share them here. Find a way to listen to the clips on Walmart or Amazon or whatever.

Would it be okay if I posted the links directly to the .asf files on Walmart's server? It might be preferable to working with the web page. People can load the files in a media player and play them directly.

Edited by danielmclark

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 05:20 PM)
Is it possible for someone to download them and upload them on Mediafire or similar sites?

Sorry to those who can't listen to the streams, but please, no posting links to hard copies of these clips. Even though they're only 30 seconds long, we still can't share them here. Find a way to listen to the clips on Walmart or Amazon or whatever.

Would it be okay if I posted the links directly to the .asf files on Walmart's server? I might be preferable to working with the web page. People can load the files in a media player and play them directly.

These samples play through my Windows Media Player. fyi

QUOTE (canadianice @ May 31 2012, 04:22 PM)

Would it be okay if I posted the links directly to the .asf files on Walmart's server? I might be preferable to working with the web page. People can load the files in a media player and play them directly.

And for people that don't have Windows Media Player, or don't want to use it... eyesre4.gif

Having a link to the .asf files would save someone the step of dealing with Walmart's webpage, which might be slow right now since people are hammering it. I just figured I'd ask.

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ May 31 2012, 05:20 PM)
Just checked RIAB and it looks like this is still a Rush Forum exclusive! trink39.gif

Well, I was so excited to find these, that I posted it at Counterparts and emailed Ed at RIAB, too. So, um . . . sorry, I couldn't contain myself.

I mean, I wasn't rubbing the clips on my genitals like, ahem, some others around here or anything.

1022.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ May 31 2012, 04:22 PM)

And for people that don't have Windows Media Player, or don't want to use it... eyesre4.gif

Having a link to the .asf files would save someone the step of dealing with Walmart's webpage, which might be slow right now since people are hammering it. I just figured I'd ask.

I give up, do what you want wub.gif