Walmart.com

Rush-O-Matic

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ May 31 2012, 08:27 PM)
(Coincidentally, two years ago today is when Caravan and BU2B were digitally released.)

Fun fact! Cool observation

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 31 2012, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE (vols1118 @ May 31 2012, 09:31 PM)
Personally I think Halo Effect is going to be bad***!!!!!

It's ok to say badass. That sounds a lot better as a music descriptor than "bad"***. tongue.gif

yes.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 31 2012, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE (vols1118 @ May 31 2012, 09:31 PM)
Personally I think Halo Effect is going to be bad***!!!!!

It's ok to say badass. That sounds a lot better as a music descriptor than "bad"***. tongue.gif

Badfreakinass!!!!!!! beathorse.gif

The first 22 seconds on the Garden is some of the most haunting music I've ever heard Rush do. I can't imagine what the rest of the song brings as it's also supposed to contain Alex's best solo on the record.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 31 2012, 08:37 PM)
For the first time in god knows how many albums... it really sounds like these guys are leading the charge and pushing the envelope for prog rock if not all of it on this one. Holy moly....

You should really calm down! Cool your tits bro! trink38.gif cool10.gif trink38.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ May 31 2012, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 31 2012, 08:37 PM)
For the first time in god knows how many albums... it really sounds like these guys are leading the charge and pushing the envelope for prog rock if not all of it on this one.  Holy moly....

You should really calm down! Cool your tits bro! trink38.gif cool10.gif trink38.gif cool10.gif

You still haven't caved in yet? confused13.gif

OMFG!

Clockwork Angels is such an Awesome tease! This song is going to be awesome as is: Carnies, Halo Effect, Seven Cities of Gold and The Garden!

Damn this album is going to rock!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 31 2012, 07:34 PM)
QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ May 31 2012, 05:32 PM)
I don't know about anyone else, but when I played it on WMP is sounded pretty bad although the songs themselves sounded good.

I'm really interested to hear how the whole story is going to play out.

Sounds like we couild have a great record here.

These clips are super-low-bitrate samples, so the sound quality is bad.

They didn't sound bad to me!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ May 31 2012, 04:57 PM)
For all the Mac users and those without Windows Media in general, someone posted a YT video of the snippets here. However, do note that the BU2B snippet is at the very end instead of in the second place (I don't know why they did that). Also, the sound quality is even worse than on Walmart, but oh well  confused13.gif  confused13.gif  wacko.gif  biggrin.gif

Thanks,

That works! 1022.gif 2.gif

I am really loving the Seven Cities of Gold clip (big surprise)...

Glad to see how diverse these songs seem to sound. Of course, any judgments made based solely on the first 30 seconds of a song are worthless. And we still haven't really heard any of the title track. More than anything, the clips have made me even more interested to hear this album.

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ May 31 2012, 09:14 PM)
I am really loving the Seven Cities of Gold clip (big surprise)...

Glad to see how diverse these songs seem to sound. Of course, any judgments made based solely on the first 30 seconds of a song are worthless. And we still haven't really heard any of the title track. More than anything, the clips have made me even more interested to hear this album.

Dude the whole beginning of Clockwork Angels is incredible! Unfortunately they cut it off just when they were about to rock! Neils patterns sets up the whole thing! This is going to be one of their best albums ever!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif