Walmart.com

Rush-O-Matic

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (James_G @ Jun 1 2012, 09:40 AM)
It may be a little early to jump to this conclusion but I get the sense that these songs are darker than the usual Rush, ...

I don't know really, I can't sense that much of a darker tone... but that might be due to me listening to PT quite a lot lolol.

I don't think it's dark at all confused13.gif

Wow, it really seems that Rush influenced the latest Foo Fighters album, which in turn influenced Rush (especially on Wish them Well). Sweet! This album really feels like Progressive Grunge. That riff on Carnies reminds me a bit of Pearl Jam.

Awesome!

BU2B2 is one of the more interesting pieces from a concept perspective. Whatever the main character goes through at that time, it sounds pretty dark. reminiscing about the earlier more triumphant mantras of BU2B but suddenly it's like the whole world is collapsing around him.

Such interesting stuff.

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Jun 1 2012, 09:46 AM)
I sad.gif t wont play on my computer...does anyone know how to tell what im running here like windows Xp or Windows 8 ?

Did you go back a few pages and just download the clip from MITA? That might be your solution. smile.gif

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Jun 1 2012, 11:46 AM)
I sad.gif t wont play on my computer...does anyone know how to tell what im running here like windows Xp    or Windows 8 ?

If it won't play by default, that means, like me, that you are probably using an older OS, so likely XP as you mentioned.

To find out for sure, you can "right-click" the "my computer" icon on your desktop and select "properties" and it should tell you.

You'll probably need to do what I did which is to upgrade you Windows Media player to play these files.

There is a link from the Walmart page, follow that, you may have to download their little thing to check that your copy of Windows is legit. I ran that, and it provided me with a little code that I inserted back into the Windows Media Player download page and I was off to the races!

I had been putting off that crap for a looong time, but to hear this new Rush was well worth it!

P.S. after installing the new media player you will need to reboot your computer.

trink39.gif

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jun 1 2012, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Jun 1 2012, 09:46 AM)
I sad.gif t wont play on my computer...does anyone know how to tell what im running here like windows Xp    or Windows 8 ?

Did you go back a few pages and just download the clip from MITA? That might be your solution. smile.gif

That's a great alternate solution as that link is just an mp3 file. From the perspective of "experiencing the new clips" though, I would use the widget on the Walmart page. You can digest them one at a time, savor the excitement, and know the names of the tracks you are listening to.

"Halo Effect" gave me goosebumps - cannot wait to hear this whole album!

"Seven Cities..." interesting - Neil is playing an electronic sound on the upbeats a bit like the hihat during the start of his solo on the TM tour

"The Garden" sounds epic

all such teases!!! Damn, can't wait!!

Darn it! I'm at work and don't have sound on my computer!! comp26.gif

This site is awesome- we are all waiting for the new album & posting nonsense polls about what we are going to eat etc. when the new album comes out, now we have 30 second clips and 18 pages (thus far) of people going nuts over the new songs! Gotta love it!!

2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif

Edited by jacob's ladder

QUOTE (jacob's ladder @ Jun 1 2012, 12:15 PM)
Darn it! I'm at work and don't have sound on my computer!! comp26.gif

This site is awesome- we are all waiting for the new album & posting nonsense polls about what we are going to eat etc. when the new album comes out, now we have 30 second clips and 18 pages (thus far) of people going nuts over the new songs! Gotta love it!!

2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif

Now only if they will play Jacob's Ladder on the upcoming tour....... wub.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 1 2012, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (jacob's ladder @ Jun 1 2012, 12:15 PM)
Darn it!  I'm at work and don't have sound on my computer!! comp26.gif

This site is awesome- we are all waiting for the new album & posting nonsense polls about what we are going to eat etc. when the new album comes out, now we have 30 second clips and 18 pages (thus far) of people going nuts over the new songs!  Gotta love it!!

2.gif  1287.gif  2.gif  1287.gif  2.gif  1287.gif  2.gif  1287.gif

Now only if they will play Jacob's Ladder on the upcoming tour....... wub.gif

facepalm.gif

QUOTE (Digitallware @ Jun 1 2012, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ May 31 2012, 04:00 PM)
Seven Cities of Gold - funky intro.  Who knew?

extra funky! I love it!

Funky spacey grunge prog... only Rush.