Walmart.com

Rush-O-Matic

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 31 2012, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2012, 12:11 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2012, 04:51 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2012, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (KidGloves @ May 31 2012, 05:54 PM)
Is it possible for someone to download them and upload them on Mediafire or similar sites?

Sorry to those who can't listen to the streams, but please, no posting links to hard copies of these clips. Even though they're only 30 seconds long, we still can't share them here. Find a way to listen to the clips on Walmart or Amazon or whatever.

Would it be okay if I posted the links directly to the .asf files on Walmart's server? It might be preferable to working with the web page. People can load the files in a media player and play them directly.

Interesting question. They're on Walmart's server, but will those links allow people to download the clips (as opposed to playing them straight from Walmart's site)?

Tell you what -- post a link to the "Caravan" clip and we'll see how it works.

Here ya go:

http://music.walmart.com/g2demand/000/16/8...2.01.01.001.asf

With that link, even though I now have an .asf file on my desktop, it doesn't look like the actual 30 second clip. It's only 4kb, and I couldn't play it on any of my media players. Anyone getting anything different?

Doesn't play on VLC. The original link opens in VLC on my iPad.

The original link is this:

mms://music.walmart.com/g2demand/000/16/86/17/65/62/0001686176562.01.01.001.asf

I changed the mms to http for use in a web browser. If you do File > Open URL or some such thing in whatever audio player you have, plug in the mms version and it should stream.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 31 2012, 06:13 PM)
The only thing I immediately didn't care for was what I head with BU2B2 - not crazy about the singing or the lyrics (even though much of it was hard to discern) - otherwise, VERY promising! trink39.gif

I sensed that was part of the bigger story - according to one of the Alex interviews, Neil felt it was important to briefly revisit BU2B after the character has been put through the wringer...

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 31 2012, 06:17 PM)
Best since the 80's is looking like a possibility.

Like I said, Moving Pictures 2.

I will not say it again, don't want to jinx it.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 31 2012, 06:20 PM)

I'm hoping it's my fav since Power Windows. Very doubtful it will top that record or GUP or Signals for me.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 31 2012, 04:20 PM)

It sounds very intriguing to be sure, but seriously, you guys are high! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ May 31 2012, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHandOSU @ May 31 2012, 06:08 PM)
the note that alex lays down on the opening of 7 cities of gold sounds like the note from dreamlines solo!! 2.gif

Wow, you're brilliant! biggrin.gif

I try laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 31 2012, 06:23 PM)

It sounds very intriguing to be sure, but seriously, you guys are high! tongue.gif

How can you guys project comparisons to other Rush albums based on the clips? Anyway, nice to see the excitement.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ May 31 2012, 06:27 PM)

How can you guys project comparisons to other Rush albums based on the clips? Anyway, nice to see the excitement.

I'm basing mainly on the three songs we have plus what little I Can here in these clips. Not ready to make assumptions yet but like I said looking promising.

Wow! Reading posts and it didn't take me long to cave. They aren't very long at all, so not too much spoiler biggrin.gif

I didn't really hear any difference in Caravan, and I played the walmart sample and the single back to back. The new intro to BU2B is very prayerful. Same with the start of CA. Spiritual. Is that even Ged? And just when it starts going.. STOP! doh.gif and whoa! The Anarchist is growling 1022.gif Carnies with the carnival to start things off, then.. METAL! Reminds me of Judas Priest for some reason. Halo Effect has a spiritual barren start before Geddy and Alex start in softly. 7 Cities definitely got a groove thang going on. Go Alex! Cowbell! This is very interesting! The Wreckers intro does have a 60's rock flair, before they start sounding like Rush cool.gif BU2B2.. there's the strings. Wish Them Well.. sounds like it will be a sing-a-long. The Garden sounds like it'll be very poignant, and pretty.

Those were my initial impressions of these samples. I think they sound pretty great, and it seems this is going to be a wholly new type of Rush record. Like a departure from anything they've done before. Complete left turn off the road from S&A. These are only little clips, but it suggests and incredibly strong Rush record. To me anyway. I know it's not going over well here. tongue.gif laugh.gif

trink38.gif 2.gif biggrin.gif common001.gif

Come join us cool10.gif

Man, these really are teasers!

I mean, the title track clip stops right when it's about to smack you in the head with a sledgehammer, argh! And it does sound a bit Floydian, at least that bit.

One thing I'm really liking is the return of Geddy's bass. smile.gif For too long it seemed like it was buried under an orchestra of guitars. It's coming through loud and clear now!

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ May 31 2012, 06:38 PM)

I mean, the title track clip stops right when it's about to smack you in the head with a sledgehammer, argh! And it does sound a bit Floydian, at least that bit.

One thing I'm really liking is the return of Geddy's bass. smile.gif For too long it seemed like it was buried under an orchestra of guitars. It's coming through loud and clear now!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Bangster of Goats

z7shysterical.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (KW84 @ May 31 2012, 06:34 PM)
I can't listen to the samples!!

F***kin walmart!

sad.gif

Have you not got Real Player? Get Real Player downloaded.

When I click the speaker symbols they go straight to Real Player and the LARGE blue and orange audio analyzer... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 31 2012, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ May 31 2012, 06:38 PM)

I mean, the title track clip stops right when it's about to smack you in the head with a sledgehammer, argh!  And it does sound a bit Floydian, at least that bit.

One thing I'm really liking is the return of Geddy's bass.  smile.gif  For too long it seemed like it was buried under an orchestra of guitars.  It's coming through loud and clear now!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Bangster of Goats

z7shysterical.gif laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

No location listed? Down on the farm? laugh.gif

After hearing "Carnies" sample, this is the image that comes to mind:

http://www.secretly-important.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/it.jpg