Songs That Almost Make You Cry?

presto123

They could be sad, touching, or uplifting songs. I'll list a few and you continue:

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word-Elton John

I Honestly Love You-Olivia Newton John

I'm Not In Love-10cc

Tears In Heaven-Eric Clapton

Yes, those 2 Kate Bush songs have the same effect on me.

Time - Alan Parsons Project

In My Life - The Beatles

Afterglow - Genesis

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 31 2012, 05:45 PM)
I'm Not In Love-10cc

Excellent choice.

There's loads, but here are three:

Natalie Merchant - Wonder

Elton John - Candle in the Wind

Tori Amos - Jackie's Strength

Kate Bush - "This Woman's Work" (good call, whoever first posted it)

Dar Williams - "When I Was a Boy" (deals with being trapped in a gender role after puberty - for example, girls can go topless but women can't, boys can cry but men can't, etc.)

Simon and Garfunkel - "Leaves That Are Green" (I associate it with my dead mother-in-law)

The Little Mermaid - "Part of Your World" (sometimes, because my brother used it to great effect when teaching his students about physically handicapped children. "Walking around on those - what do you call 'em - oh, feet! Wish I could be... part of that world!")

Sigur Ros - "Svefn-g-englar" (the most hauntingly beautiful song I've ever heard)

10,000 Maniacs - "Eat for Two" and "What's the Matter Here?" both give me chills (not tears) because of their serious treatment of social issues.

Five for Fighting - World. I forget how it worked, but they donated money based on hits the song got to Autism Speaks, and somewhere on YouTube is a heart wrenching video some family made of their autistic daughter with this song playing in the background.

Hothouse Flowers - "Thing of Beauty." I've almost cried. It speaks to how I view the world. Here's a nice video somebody created on YouTube, using the song:

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 31 2012, 06:45 AM)
Any good Tori Amos ballad will do. Her cover of Tom Waits' "Time" is also a tear-jerker. She performed it a night or two after 9/11 on Letterman and he was choked up.

Yep, that is a very nice bitterseet performance, thanks for the suggestion, so here is a link.

S&A

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 31 2012, 10:27 AM)
Here's my list:

laugh.gif

Anything for Culture Club. Their stuff is downright painful to listen to. biggrin.gif