What's the silliest piece of Rush merch you own?

beherit

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six pairs of Rush socks, two sets of Rush playing cards in a Rush tin, three pairs of shoelaces, a Rash long sleeved tee...but I don't think those are that silly.

If I had more time and inclination, I'd love to make Rush rag dolls or high-quality paper dolls with authentic looking clothes.

The Rush issue of Rock and Roll Comics biggrin.gif

Years and years ago... like, almost 20, I owned a cheap Rush headband. Just a thin, black headband that said RUSH on it in red lettering with the red star on either side. I never wore it, thank god.

QUOTE (beherit @ May 27 2012, 12:09 PM)
Personally, all I've got is a poster and 4 t-shirts. But I know someone out there has to own a pair of Power Windows socks... common001.gif

OMG! I love your avatar...VARG VIKERNESS FTW!!!

BURZUM

Without thinking too much about it, I'd say a couple of red Hold Your Fire balloons that were dropped from the ceiling during In The Mood.

I'm sure there might be a few more entries if I thought about it a little

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 27 2012, 10:37 PM)
The Rush issue of Rock and Roll Comics biggrin.gif

Years and years ago... like, almost 20, I owned a cheap Rush headband. Just a thin, black headband that said RUSH on it in red lettering with the red star on either side. I never wore it, thank god.

Wait a minute...I've also got that comic book...AND the headband!

I would have to say, my Rush Bobblehead set, I did however win them from Rush.com when it first went online. I do believe I was the first winner of a set of Bobbleheads from Rush.com, my first name and last initial was on the site for about a year. Yes, the bobbleheads are silly but, I think they're pretty cool because I won them from Rush.com.

Six pair of socks, three sets of shoelaces, a GUP headband and a tote bag.

I want a set of bobbleheads, though.... eh.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 27 2012, 07:45 PM)
Six pairs of Rush socks, two sets of Rush playing cards in a Rush tin, three pairs of shoelaces, a Rash long sleeved tee...but I don't think those are that silly.

If I had more time and inclination, I'd love to make Rush rag dolls or high-quality paper dolls with authentic looking clothes.

Rush paper dolls! That would be really cute! With outfits from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and now! With removal handlebar mustache for Neil! And removal hair for Alex!

Hoo boy, I'm designing Rush paper dolls in my mind, now. And they are awesome.

And for silliest piece of Rush merch, well, I don't have anything really silly - a few shirts, a couple of tour books, some records, a tote bag. Oh, but I do have a magazine page cut-out from a fashion magazine that happened to include Geddy in a photo.

A couple of Rush-related items not produced by the band:

- a Tai Shan t-shirt I bought at Tai Shan

- a small stone figure of a turtle that has the Chinese characters for Tai Shan engraved on it

- a pen of an anime/manga character that says "Doraemon, future robot cat born in 2112"

I wouldn't really call the Rush comic I have silly.

It's not actual merch, and I'm not sure if I still have them but back in '85 when 2.gif was playing the now demoed New Haven Coliseum sad.gif I was driving by the hotel the band was staying in and saw the tour buses parked outside. Each bus had a parking ticket on each of its windshields so being an insanely rediculous fan jumped out and snatched them off the windshields....Don't know if that ever caused any legal trouble with the bus company or the band and the city New Haven...but I thought it was a real treasure back in '85( wtf.gif )...not so much now.

Somewhere I have a rush painter's hat...for some reason they were the rage in the 80s. I also have a HYF balloon that I got when it fell from the ceiling back on the 88 tour.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ May 28 2012, 11:07 AM)
Somewhere I have a rush painter's hat...for some reason they were the rage in the 80s. I also have a HYF balloon that I got when it fell from the ceiling back on the 88 tour.

Like this one?

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u351/Discipleoflerxst/100_5831.jpg