Neil's full length essay.

snowdog2112

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ May 18 2012, 05:16 PM)
Great read! Thanks for posting!

I agree...it almost sounds like the debut tour for this album MIGHT contain all of it!

(that would be cool!)

goodpost.gif Agreed!!!

Is this from the tour book? Seems like what he would normally write for a tour book which is usually straight forward about the band.

Doesnt seem like what he would normally write on his blog which usually has nothing to do with the band.

QUOTE (HeadlongMark @ May 18 2012, 11:50 AM)
QUOTE (Joesaracer @ May 18 2012, 10:48 AM)
I think Neil might be hinting that many, if not all the songs may be played live.

Also interesting to hear his thoughts on Wish Them Well.

I have no problems if they do Clockwork Angels in its entirety. I believe it is that strong of an album.

I'll bet that they will play the entire album straight through. I'm pretty sure that Neil made some statements that he was impressed when Porcupine Tree did this with The Incident, and I really think they will do it. I'm up for something different, so I'm cool with that.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 18 2012, 07:25 PM)
Is this from the tour book? Seems like what he would normally write for a tour book which is usually straight forward about the band.

Doesnt seem like what he would normally write on his blog which usually has nothing to do with the band.

It's not on his blog, nowhere on his official website. I wonder if someone accidently released it with the UK office closing - that sounds the most likely.

Oh and, BU2B is not about religion per se - it's about dogma, not questioning, blind faith. Now, if dogma and blind faith=religion to you, that's your own look-out. tongue.gif

Tear inducing string arrangements? Violins? Does this mean more choruses too? I kind of like the three guys just playing interesting rock music. There's no crying in rock music. fists crying.gif Alex agrees.

No talk of Bird watching or cooking , hope for him yet laugh.gif

QUOTE (Karena @ May 21 2012, 11:32 AM)
Tear inducing string arrangements?  Violins?  Does this mean more choruses too?  I kind of like the three guys just playing interesting rock music.  There's no crying in rock music.    fists crying.gif  Alex agrees.

"DAMN SKIPPY!!"

user posted image

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 22 2012, 11:17 AM)
For those that care this essay is now up on Rush.com as a much higher quality .pdf with images included.

I care! I'm not seeing it at Rush.com, though. What part?

I did notice that in the past couple days, NeilPeart.com stopped working. We he first started his website, it was NeilPeart.net, which still works. But, he also eventually had the domain NeilPeart.com which redirected to .net. But, now .com isn't working anymore.