Time to rank the 3 songs we've heard

LeaveMyThingAlone

What's your favorite song of the 3 off Clockwork Angels?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite song of the 3 off Clockwork Angels?

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Headlong Flight

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured BU2B wouldn't be #1.

Caravan was an excellent taste of the album that started two years ago.

I don't think this album will be disappointing too many people.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Apr 25 2012, 06:00 PM)
Even though Caravan is awesome on all levels I'm wild about HF simply because Neil is killing it (like never before IMO) on this tune. That old man is pounding the drums like they've personally insulted him. Top notch performance by Mr. Magoo.

goodpost.gif

You sir are a very preceptive gent. I was just saying to my wife not a half hour ago as I played amazon's version.. and I says to her to the affects of, "I don't think Neil has every played harder on a Rush song." He just kills those muther truckin drums.

notworthy.gif NeilFinal.gif notworthy.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 25 2012, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 25 2012, 11:50 AM)
QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 25 2012, 09:47 AM)
All the songs are incredible, but Caravan is just unreal. I can't believe my ears when hearing that gorgeous masterpiece even after listening to it about 400 time by now. Had to go with Caravan, could be my all time favorite Rush tune, no lie. It rocks, it's progressive, has a sick jam and solo, great melodies, keyboards, EVERYTHING I could ever want in one Rush song.

I love Caravan too and am afraid the re-record will not be as good.

Why are you afraid of that? Pretty sure they didnt rewrite the song, and I seriously doubt it will sound much different than the original version.

jeez, is it possible that Geddy listened to the chorus and came up with a vocal melody??

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 26 2012, 06:12 PM)
All the songs are incredible, but Caravan is just unreal. I can't believe my ears when hearing that gorgeous masterpiece even after listening to it about 400 time by now. Had to go with Caravan, could be my all time favorite Rush tune, no lie. It rocks, it's progressive, has a sick jam and solo, great melodies, keyboards, EVERYTHING I could ever want in one Rush song.

Why are you afraid of that? Pretty sure they didnt rewrite the song, and I seriously doubt it will sound much different than the original version.

jeez, is it possible that Geddy listened to the chorus and came up with a vocal melody??

fists crying.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 26 2012, 05:13 PM)

fists crying.gif

"I can't stop thinking big" doesn't do it for me, talk about the ultimate lyrical shoehorn....

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 26 2012, 06:15 PM)

fists crying.gif

"I can't stop thinking big" doesn't do it for me, talk about the ultimate lyrical shoehorn....

I think he's trying to emphasize his point.... rofl3.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 26 2012, 05:25 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 26 2012, 06:15 PM)

fists crying.gif

I think he's trying to emphasize his point.... rofl3.gif

and likely saw a post it note with exactly that on Neil's drum stand or something.....

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 26 2012, 06:14 PM)
Not at all surprised Bu2B is a distant 3rd. To be honest, I can't quite pinpoint why it's may favorite. I just can't get enough of it...

BU2B is the most melodic of the three...and has keyboards...and just an overall great dynamic to it, for starters. The "....the pain and joy that we receive" part is just ear candy to me. I love it. It's both heavy and still has a lightness to it too, if you know what I mean.

bu2b has elements the other two just dont have.... it oozes class and subtlety, particularly in keyboards but also in Al & Ged's guitars and it has that element of surreality essential in truly great rush music

caravans ok and HF not a bad effort but the quality of bu2b matches anything on any rush album

i'm hoping just for two or three more tracks of this quality on CA... just two or three will do, 4 or 5 would be absolutely excellent.

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 25 2012, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (barchetta90480 @ Apr 25 2012, 02:47 PM)
Headlong Flight, clearly - reinstalled my hope that CA might be a decent album after all.
Still, it will be the first Rush album since their first one on which I might regularly skip the first song.

You don't like Caravan I take it. Wow. ohmy.gif

Sorry for posting late ... been away for two days...

I initially liked its power, but it quickly became the Rush song that bored me most. Apart form a fairly decent solo, there's nothing much happening in that song. And that chorus - nope ... for me personally, it's the worst Rush "classic" since Bravado. Far Cry or OLV, in comparison, are towering sky high above it.

Headlong Flight, in comparison ... WOW

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 27 2012, 05:05 AM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 26 2012, 06:14 PM)
Not at all surprised Bu2B is a distant 3rd. To be honest, I can't quite pinpoint why it's may favorite. I just can't get enough of it...

BU2B is the most melodic of the three...and has keyboards...and just an overall great dynamic to it, for starters. The "....the pain and joy that we receive" part is just ear candy to me. I love it. It's both heavy and still has a lightness to it too, if you know what I mean.

Yes, and thats why i like it the best of the three...

For me, Caravan is head and shoulders above the other two. Just a much more complete song IMO - lots of variations, stronger melodies, and the most illustrative lyrics of the three.

I'll put Headlong Flight above BU2B in a photo finish. That's because I was mildly disappointed with the lack of any real solos in the latter.

All three songs are very good.

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Apr 27 2012, 06:20 PM)
For me, Caravan is head and shoulders above the other two. Just a much more complete song IMO - lots of variations, stronger melodies, and the most illustrative lyrics of the three.

I'll put Headlong Flight above BU2B in a photo finish. That's because I was mildly disappointed with the lack of any real solos in the latter.

All three songs are very good.

goodpost.gif